N-Europe

Ricky gervais

UK

I was addicted to The Office 2 or 3 years ago (towards the end of school and the start of university). I found it hilarious most of the time and at school, a lot of the time, things that were happening would be turned into something from The Office. For example, if the teacher was making a remark saying they 'prefer' something over something else, the automic response would be 'I prefer a flan'. Some of you will notice that from The Office, others won't.

What I will say, though, is that while I loved The Office (and found Extras funny in places) I can see why people have such a hatred for Gervais. To be honest, I think he's an absolute wanker but for the fact that I really enjoyed the office means I can't totally hate him.

I'm gonna watch The Office again in the coming days to see if it still makes me laugh as much as it used to, but as for Ricky Gervais it's hard to get past the fact that he now seems to believe that he is really great and that arrogance shows a lot of the time.

I'm gonna set up camp here between Love and Hate..

How can you call it wholesome then?

Well if I'm capable of overlooking RG's character in spite of how annoying he is then I might be able to appreciate the comedy, or I might realize it's still quite dire. As I said I need to watch it again to decide.

I just need something to fill the gaping Green Wing void.

He is easily the worst stand up and actor ever, i refuse to watch anything he is in as i'll just result in smashing up the tv set.

Now Ross Noble theres a stand up :)

His stand up stuff wasn't always that bad, a lot of stand ups gain success and it ruins them, Ricky Gervais is just a name on a long list. Maybe it's something to do with selling out, maybe once they get some success they stop trying. The stand up scene in Britain is easily the best in the world, but some of its top talent has just died once they have money in the bank.