N-Europe

TV Shows now on iTunes in UK

Charlie

Apple's UK iTunes store is now offering television shows to customers.

ukitunes.png

Individual episodes are available for £1.89 per episode and offer television shows from ABC, Disney Channel, Nikelodeon, MTV, Paramound Comedy and Playhouse Disney.

It's a rip-off when the alternative is to buy the dvd boxset, rip the episodes yourself and make better versions of what they are selling. In this scenario you have the dvd boxset (with all the extras), that you can also convert to anything else you want and not be tied to iTunes, iPods or Quicktime.

And the US gets it cheaper than we do. $1.99 != £1.89

Guest Jordan

So these are very much DRM'd?

Hmmph, that just makes it even less attractive of a purchase in comparison to buying a boxset.

it is indeed a shame that prices are not lower considering there are no shipping/transport, packaging or even physical disk costs to cover, and still they are only in line with dvd prices, very strange, but it is good to see us moving closer to a digital world all the same!

Bullshit, this legal downloading shit is never going to work unless they take all DRM off, offer at DVD quality (how about some nice h264 anamorphic rips?) and make the price at least 20% less than retail. At least then we'd be getting a good deal

I think its ok used in moderation. I may buy like a few episodes of South Park, because it would save me the time ripping them and buying the DVD. £1.89 isn't exactly a lot of money when used once in a while.

I think the service is good for what its aimed for. If you want good quality and cheap price, go get a dvd from play or another website. If you want to get an episode quick to watch on a journey this service would suffice.

So how long have you enjoyed being assraped?

How long you had a narrow minded view?

I can't see whats wrong with the concept when you know how it works. If you want to download a tv series you'd be pretty stupid to waste £26 and get it off iTunes. If you want an episode to watch while going somewhere on the train, its a quick, not too expensive way to get hold of a legal episode compatible with iPods.