NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Oh..I was so good player at pes 6 pc..Used to take easy wins in online and made exciting games with tough opoennts..alwasy was so sure and comfortable with my defence..it was so solid..so strong..Opoents couldnt score more than 1 goals usually and the most times they didnt even score.ut now..Now my secondd online game was a disaster..lost 0-4 from a player whoo even scored with a foul.. i am so disapointed from my defending behavior!!I must to rethink some parts of my game..Starting with a new formation..These players who will ll catch konamis philososphy about defence will dominate the online!!!But also attach isnt the easiest even now i fell much more comfortable..i have big problem to score when play in 4/5 dificulty mode..

I must say I'm impressed with the new attacking mechanics, but, like others on here, I'm still a bit iffy defensively. I just tend to man mark everyone and pray. Finally grasped the offside trap too.

Started Champs Road with Ajax, and am 2 games into my second tournament (English and Western European clubs or something). Haven't got that many good players from it:

-Sulejmani

-Oper

-Loohuis

-Mears

-Kah

And a few others who I can't remember.

The commentary, provided by Peter Brackley and Mark Lawrenson, is as dire as ever.

Lol, so I take it they played the game without listening to it...?

Lol, so I take it they played the game without listening to it...?

Oh yeah lol!

hmmm...i quite like the look of this game

BUT the thing is i have only ever owned ONE footie game in my life and that is fifa 94 on the megadrive back in the day. Up to this point ive never really been interested in football games but this new PES game has got my attention. i really dont know if i should grab it or not. I dont buy sports games at all so this would be a very rare occassion.

what do ya think buy or not buy

BUT the thing is i have only ever owned ONE footie game in my life and that is fifa 94 on the megadrive back in the day. Up to this point ive never really been interested in football games but this new PES game has got my attention. i really dont know if i should grab it or not. I dont buy sports games at all so this would be a very rare occassion.

I dont normally buy footie games either as I personally am not a football fan however to you and everyone else unsure whether to buy or not - Buy it - it's great!

Yeah you should really get it...I'm doing the review for N-Europe which should be done in the next few days if you want to hang fire and see my full and complete views...

I've played this game for the first time this weekend. I was quite excited to see how it played and controlled.

I knew I was in for a tough learning curve. You really have to switch off the button between your ears of how to control the players on the field. It's quite different how to pass, walk and play overall. Having spent a few matches with a friend, I can say I really see the potential this system has.

If you get the hang of it, the attacking game becomes a work of art. It's really beautiful. So far, I have to think to often and too long, messing everything up. Defending really is this game's weak point. I feel out of control when defending. I just keep in clicking and pointing, hoping one of the players goes towards the attacking player.

I'm really thinking of purchasing this title and sink my teeth into it. Learn it. Enjoy it. :D

This game is incredible and gets better and better the more you play. I'm even beginning to really appreciate the defensive controls! I NEVER thought I'd say that. Absolutely love it.

I have a few niggles though they may be eradicated after more play; I'll air my negative thoughts in a few days if they're still there. It's one of those games that is so different, you have to give plenty of time to time to let everything sink in.

This game is incredible and gets better and better the more you play. I'm even beginning to really appreciate the defensive controls! I NEVER thought I'd say that. Absolutely love it.

I have a few niggles though they may be eradicated after more play; I'll air my negative thoughts in a few days if they're still there. It's one of those games that is so different, you have to give plenty of time to time to let everything sink in.

Yeah I said it would come...its definitly something I have noticed...

Well, in spite of saying I wouldn't buy it, I caved in yesterday. So far....really impressed, but it's going to take time. There's no two ways about it, you're going to have to tune yourself into it after years of dual analogue fun. There's very little that you could honestly call "intuitive". Only time and commitment will improve your skills I reckon. It's real strength is the passing game. It's so flexible and is the most simple thing to do in the game. Thank heavens for being able to finally pass into space properly and have players make their runs onto the ball. It just works so well.

Less straightforward is defending, which I'm having some problems with, but I'm finding that once I target an attacker with the A button and send in my swarms, as long as I keep tapping the Z trigger they will try to get the ball. The difficulty is doing all that while keeping a close eye on everything else!

Bit disappointed with the shooting. They could still have kept the power bar for the nunchuck swing. Then again, it is still as snappy as it's always been.

Overall though I'm really glad I got it, and look forward to sinking my teeth into it. There'll definitely be things for the PES team to address for the next version, but the nice thing about starting with this kind of radical gameplay is that it just seems so flexible. They'll find no end of things to tweak in the years to come.

Where is the Mii mode in this game I've unlocked it apparently but cant find the damn thing!

Never been a fan of the sport but the mostly positive feedback on here makes me think I may have to give this a rent/look.

ANyone up for some online tonight?

PS Yeah flame I thought I had the much better chances for goals, just didn't put them away. And you scored in the 87th minute!!! Devastated :)

I didn't know how to slide tackle or Z defending then though, now would be a different story ;)

There's a couple of tutorial videos for defence and attack on youtube. I haven't got the game yet but they look pretty useful!

ANyone up for some online tonight?

PS Yeah flame I thought I had the much better chances for goals, just didn't put them away. And you scored in the 87th minute!!! Devastated :)

I didn't know how to slide tackle or Z defending then though, now would be a different story ;)

Rematch tonight then? I am in the process of putting my room back together after decorating so I will be back up and running for some PES online OH YEAH!

I want some games with several of you later on!

darksnowman and me have been playing games this afternoon and it's all pretty even. I could do with seeing what the rest of you are like :heh:

..oh.. I'm afraid alright :heh:

When would you want to play? I am probably good to go almost any time..

I'd play this more but Guitar Hero III has consumed my soul! Haha

March 31st, 2008

UK

01 (__) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Sony Computer Ent.)

02 (01) [360] Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)

03 (02) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

04 (03) [PS3] Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)

05 (__) [WII] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)

Ireland

01 (01) Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)

02 (__) Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Sony Computer Ent.)

03 (02) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

04 (07) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)

So Pes 2008 for the Wii sells good in britain..But stills behind mario and sonic at olympics!!Come on uk give some love in this Konamis masterpiece!!

Pes 2008(Wii): 171931466497(name:Eurochampion)

Modest name you have there aenaos :heh: