NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Modest name you have there aenaos :heh:

Its for Hellas(Greece) Eurochampions 2004:PPPPPP

Got the US version this morning and first thing I notice, YES! NO PETER BRACKLEY! Clive Tildsley and Lawro! I'm finding it quite difficult but I'm really enjoying it, need to get to grips with defending and shooting and keep trying to select my player by pressing "c" like "LB" on xbox 360. The graphics arent to great but the amount of Stadia and weather options is impressive. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it!

Got the US version this morning and first thing I notice, YES! NO PETER BRACKLEY! Clive Tildsley and Lawro!!

Wha-? Jon Champion + Lawro! :p

Right...

...Not being funny or anything, but this is fantastic. Really getting to grips with it now. It's marvellous.

Yup, this game just gets better and better! Truly love it! Gonna have a game of Fifa to see how archaic it feels :)

Anyone up for a game now?

Know whats good about having Pro Evo on the Wii? It makes it feel like a "proper" console, if you know what I mean. After some initial Champions Road at the weekend to try and ease myself into the game, I'm finding that I'm playing the vast majority of my matches online.

I still haven't mastered the use of one-two's outside of training though, as well as other moves and stuff so theres still room for improvement. Champions Road seems ok for a one player thing and sure there is leagues and cups if needed so I think we've done ok for features... but I still wish there was an indepth edit mode! :hmm:

You pick match... there are three options:

> Free Match

> Penalties

> Play with Mii

Enjoy!

One thing I've thought about this I'm sure Mii mode was touted as being available online...

Hmm, if its meant to be available for online then I dunno about it. Maybe you have to open up the option via Champions Road? Though thats a bit silly seeing as its for online, hmm.

I had one match with my Mii's when I opened it up to see what it was like. It wasn't amazing for anything other than to have my dream team :) up front... and Rokhed in midfield, with Spock, Arnie and co doing the rest, lol.

Hmm, if its meant to be available for online then I dunno about it. Maybe you have to open up the option via Champions Road? Though thats a bit silly seeing as its for online, hmm.

I had one match with my Mii's when I opened it up to see what it was like. It wasn't amazing for anything other than to have my dream team :) up front... and Rokhed in midfield, with Spock, Arnie and co doing the rest, lol.

Yeah I had Mr.T and E.T upfront with Peter Griffin in goal and Jesus as the midfield maestro...

It's funny is PES on Wii, because there's definitely a period early on where you are almost resisting it. If like me you're used to the series on PS2 and Xbox, then it really can take a leap before you commit yourself to this new approach. I complained about all sorts when I first got it - defending, shooting etc, etc. But once you let yourself go with it, it really starts to shine, and you realise that actually, this is a genuine next-gen improvement. The decisions the PES team have made here begin to make sense.

For me it started to take shape once I began the Champions Road. I thought I might have to get good at the game before even attempting it, but there's no need. It does it's best to make the game accessible, and then cleverly reveals how deep it can be, and that's the best place to start. I'm even preferring it to the old Master League, and I never thought I'd say that.

I'm totally smitten. Can you tell? :D

Just Bought it today!

Having a really good time once you get over controls!

I'll put my FC on later and please add me to any tornaments and leagues.

See you guys online, Im going back for more!

...There's definitely a period early on where you are almost resisting it. If like me you're used to the series on PS2 and Xbox, then it really can take a leap before you commit yourself to this new approach. I complained about all sorts when I first got it - defending, shooting etc, etc. But once you let yourself go with it, it really starts to shine, and you realise that actually, this is a genuine next-gen improvement.

QFT.

I was dabbling with this on and off upon release and I was wholly unsure about it for days. Seemed like a total effort to just "play" but now it's all second nature I don't think I've ever enjoyed a football game as much as this (and I've been worshipping footy games since FIFA International back in '94).

My mates all initially hated it but when they went away they still had a hankering for it as they grasped the concept and understood how it's an improvement of all before it - but like, they just needed to understand the controls.

It's almost like chess in its tactical, positional nuance. Especially during set pieces and defending situations.

This is one of the most realistic, well thought-out sports games in recent memory.

Genial.

Eurogamer review 8

On the evidence of the last two PES releases the truth, somewhat depressingly, is that Konami is stuck in a bit of a rut. With niggly gameplay issues compounded by dreadfully borked online play and an ongoing failure to resolve the licensing and presentation issues, the franchise's dominant position among the hardcore is facing a bigger threat than ever.

After this recent loss of momentum, the last thing we expected was for the Wii version to turn out to be the most innovative football title in recent memory.

---

All things considered, PES 2008 is a fine addition to the Wii and certainly the most innovative football title we've come across in many years. The wonderfully intuitive control system makes it feel like a different game altogether, and certainly not the tired port many feared it would end up being. Setting aside some slight issues with the defensive aspect, what's on offer here is an excellently free-flowing game of football. It's well worth buying, even if you own it on another system.

This game is without a doubt the best online experience on Wii at the moment...I am loving it.

This game is without a doubt the best online experience on Wii at the moment...I am loving it.

Yeh, I agree totally.