NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

I did a quick International Cup and unlocked a Mii to use in Mii mode, I wasn't expecting that!

hmmm odd...I gonna play some of the cups like that now...win myself a few...

Sooo...You guys have tickled my curiosity to get this. I COULD get it tomorrow for £20 in a Wii bundle at game. As you can see the wii controls kinda urked me a little but I trust the excitement you guys are extruding are real...I'll get it, but please don't make me waste my precious monies. :/

Sooo...You guys have tickled my curiosity to get this. I COULD get it tomorrow for £20 in a Wii bundle at game. As you can see the wii controls kinda urked me a little but I trust the excitement you guys are extruding are real...I'll get it, but please don't make me waste my precious monies. :/

Get the damn game! you will not regret it!

...Thats the kick up the jacksy I craved. I'll do it! But just one thing, whenever i had a PS2 I was always hooked to a pro evo, and that was just for playing casual friendly matches...Are you saying I will get the same addiction with this iteration, good sir?

...Thats the kick up the jacksy I craved. I'll do it! But just one thing, whenever i had a PS2 I was always hooked to a pro evo, and that was just for playing casual friendly matches...Are you saying I will get the same addiction with this iteration, good sir?

You will indeed mate it's a cracking title with a lot of depth to it. I am not a footie fan but am loving this game the controls are superb and online is silky smooth and lots of people on here play it.

Hope that helps ya!

Haha, Cookyman exploits the depth and finesse of the controls well... find a way to get over the halfway line and then... hoof it at goal and see what happens! :heh:

But listen to what he said and buy the game, the more the merrier! You'll get hooked on it, but maybe more for the online because its maybe too hectic with all the lines, arrows and two pointers flying about on screen when you play locally. But like everything else in the game, you should be able to adapt- don't fight it, but embrace it!

But like everything else in the game, you should be able to adapt- don't fight it, but embrace it!

I'm STILL quietly plugging away on this trying to fully adapt to it. It's like learning football all over again. I love it yet if you want to be a really good player I feel a lot of time has to be given to it. It's amazing though. Truly amazing.

I am still working hard on my defensive game. I used to be a rock at the back on the old versions so learning this is becoming a bit of an obsession.

It's so much more important to actually make your midfield do some of the pressing and then calling a single defender towards an attacking player with the ball. When 'pointing' at a player you can see their name plate/stamina and this actually helps when defending. It's much more about tactical positioning and forcing the play that way than just physically pushing players in a direction hoping to get a foot stuck in (like the older versions).

All this defending talk and I haven't mentioned attacking! Yet I really don't think many people have problems going forward and scoring. The goalkeepers seem weaker to me than in previous iterations and the ability to make runs off the ball and create pinpoint into-space passes means attacking can be a fluent, easy to grasp, (yet difficult to master) affair.

I now must start playing more games online too (and signing up for this N-Europe league). I've only played two games - winning one and losing one to nando.

Do you think the stamina bar is useful? I turned it off as well as the player name cos I found it got a bit cluttered on screen at times. And what about the up arrows and down arrows on players? I don't pay much attention to it but some of you's seem to take them quite seriously and make the necessary changes to the team to avoid using players who are on a downer... I make them play through the pain, whatever that pain may be...!

There was a time last week when I thought my defending was coming together.. but last night in particular showed me how far that is from the truth- I was ripped open by the same tactic every single time.. so I need to get that sorted!

Thankfully, my attacking play has came quite a long way and I play some decent stuff now and again :heh:

Do you think the stamina bar is useful? I turned it off as well as the player name cos I found it got a bit cluttered on screen at times. And what about the up arrows and down arrows on players? I don't pay much attention to it but some of you's seem to take them quite seriously and make the necessary changes to the team to avoid using players who are on a downer... I make them play through the pain, whatever that pain may be...!

Bad idea. When you are getting chances and your star forward is missing these as if his life depended on it, you will realise it's because of the arrows. They dictate a player's condition, some talented players can play through it but not all the time, while average ones on red will play as if they are on steroids. Selecting the best team based on condition is important.

Although this is based on of previous versions but should still hold true for this one. Reminds me of ISS64 and '98 where if you were fouled and but the ref didnt see it, then you checked the players conditiion, it had an angry face. Apparently, it would mean that your player was more inclined to pull a tackle that would get him sent off. Really wish it was still in the game :(

Put It this way bought it Friday and played it for over 15 hours already (No joke) on Friday played it for 6.07 (checked on the wii) and thought I was being sparing with it. Put it this way if you love football, you'll love this.

But and open mind is probably needed to a certain degree. (defense isn't broken at all it just isn't intuitive but once you understand the mentality of the game you understand why its like that.) BTW I haven't gone back to playing old pro and don't intend to for a LONG LONG while.

I played the old PES games today and it screams for these revoltionary controls. I hope Konami add a boatload of content in next years version to build on an amazing title. (Obviously the editing/master leagues need to be back to their best).

I'd also like to see Konami finally get the EPL licence. Surely they must have enough money and it's only good for the FA to get more publicity for the EPL. It's shocking that EA still hold the EPL licence. Maybe if Wii is going the 'PS2' route in regards to features (NOT gameplay) we could see MORE teams perhaps...and more stadiums would be nice. I cannot believe there is no Wembley/Old Trafford etc... Great start though. It's obvious ON the field is where the effort went. Some would say rightly so...

In regards to stamina etc I always found that it affected players heavily in the N64 ISS games (mostly off the ball though) and with PES it's become more of a feature as the franchise has moved on. I like how you can visibly see the players condition on wii though. Good design choice. Don't know if I'm 100% sold on the bobble head idea though.

Furthermore,,,I'd LOVE to see Konami attempt similar controls on the DS. Can't see the effort being made though. It would be perfect though :)

in which skill level you play single player?

I play in the hardest mode and have many dificulties to score..i usually loste the games cause some liitel wrong moves in defence..but generally i have improve my defending play by playing at the hardest mode..finally i think defence isnt so bad as i thought at the start..i have more problems at the attack..cant press the oponents for the most of the match inside his defending area..most goalsfrom counter..i dont like this..i like most ball possecion to me..i waont go online until my connection update to 12 mb at 1 week..i also feel really noob to go online at this moment..

in which skill level you play single player?

I play in the hardest mode and have many dificulties to score..i usually loste the games cause some liitel wrong moves in defence..but generally i have improve my defending play by playing at the hardest mode..finally i think defence isnt so bad as i thought at the start..i have more problems at the attack..cant press the oponents for the most of the match inside his defending area..most goalsfrom counter..i dont like this..i like most ball possecion to me..i waont go online until my connection update to 12 mb at 1 week..i also feel really noob to go online at this moment..

I play on Professional... Regular was too easy..I find my best games do come online to be honest... defence for me is still on and off, some online games I can soak up all the pressure in the world others I am really struggling to keep my head above water...

I don't really like footie games. But this game is AWESOME :D

If you still have doubts, BUY IT!.

I play on Professional... Regular was too easy..I find my best games do come online to be honest... defence for me is still on and off, some online games I can soak up all the pressure in the world others I am really struggling to keep my head above water...

Hey flameboy what connection speed you have?I have 2mb and the 4 times i played random online i had terrible lag and was unplaybale..fortunately after a week my conection will update to 12mb so i guess the online play will be smooth..any other with lag problems in online play?

Hey flameboy what connection speed you have?I have 2mb and the 4 times i played random online i had terrible lag and was unplaybale..fortunately after a week my conection will update to 12mb so i guess the online play will be smooth..any other with lag problems in online play?

I have a 20Mbs connection that when i do speed tests on it averages between 12-15...I do still have the odd game where its laggy but guess this must be at the other persons end...

Mine is a 3mb connection (damn my 'olde' village!) and it runs silky smooth.

I thought I was getting better at this and my defending was becoming awesome against the computer (on professional) yet I played my mate yesterday and he beat me twice 2-1 then 2-0. He had never even played the game before! I was gutted...And it was all defense. I was all over him too but his keeper played a blinder. I guess it's realistic though...

It's still amazing though :) I feel that the defending is actually done remarkably well yet sometimes plain luck comes into play.

How would others improve the defensive controls?

And another question... When the ball is loose in the middle of the field is it easier to drag someone nearer to it or click a player once and 'analogue' him to it? I've had moments of madness when an innocent ball has been deflected like 20yds from my goal. Sometimes it seems hard to just pick up a loose ball.

Sometimes it seems hard to just pick up a loose ball.

..argh.. that drives me insane :mad: ..I have enough trouble in defense as it is! I hate it when I can't pick up these balls and then darksnowman runs in a bangs one past the keeper.. :(

How would others improve the defensive controls?

To be honest, there were times when I played last night when I felt that I was defending better.. it just requires complete concentration and an awareness of everything that is happening. When I get a bit angry I end up just mashing the A-Button and hitting Z.. which sometimes works just as well :heh:

It just frustrates me that sometimes the opposition just somehow barges through even though you have 2 or 3 men closed in right in front of them.. and obviously picking up a loose ball is frustrating..

I still have faith that my defending will improve to the point where I am comfortable with it.. or, at least, I hope that is the case..

..argh.. that drives me insane :mad: ..I have enough trouble in defense as it is! I hate it when I can't pick up these balls and then darksnowman runs in a bangs one past the keeper.. :(

So is it best to drag a player to the ball? When I do this (with yellow elastic-band effect) the player doesn't interact with the ball. Or is it best to click them and analogue them? (When I think about it, is that even possible?!)

There are guides on you tube but they hardly help in a loose-ball situation.

So is it best to drag a player to the ball? When I do this (with yellow elastic-band effect) the player doesn't interact with the ball. Or is it best to click them and analogue them? (When I think about it, is that even possible?!)

There are guides on you tube but they hardly help in a loose-ball situation.

Depends on certain stats how quickly they pick up the ball...

i had some big lag problems online but the last 5 games are almost lag free!!i can say now its very cool to play online in this game!!but se many players try with dribling to make chances to score..thats not the games philosophy..its all about passing game ball possecion and movements to the spaces!thats football!this game rocks!

I have bought a new RJ11 cable to replace the standard phone extension lead I had my router connected to.. so if anyone had any lag problems with me, I hope it will be sorted out now!

I can't tell if my internet is any faster or not,... but it certainly isn't slower :heh:

My usb connector is kind of far way from my wii, although it still catch the signal, but not in high frequency. Hope that doesn't imply lag :S