NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

I saw this in my local Gamestop for 65 euro, that is WAY EXPENSIVE, is that normal? Almost thought they put the PS3 games in the Wii section but it was definately the Wii version

that seems really expensive as its £30 from most places here in the uk

also wondering if anyone knew what the arrows mean on your player in champions mode mode?

one guy has an up arrow and another has a down one and looks tired. the rest are just pointing right?

guessing its stamina but wasnt sure how to check it.

cheers

I've gotten loads better at this, finally starting to get comfortable with the controls. I actually reckon it'd be pretty weird to go back to the old style of game play now.

Progressed a bit more in the Champions Road too, unlocked Miis:

pesmiiyj2.jpg

Love it! :grin:

Even funnier with big head mode activated.

The Mii option doesn't really make up for the piss poor edit mode (or lack of one more like it), but a nice addition none the less.

Wow the controls are so Dificult at the start!!Made the first tutorial but have many roblems to get used.. i played 2 games at the easiest mode..i won 6-1 and 3-2..but oponent didnt do anything lol..Defence is really wierd have to say...its completely diferent form pc versions of Pes..The fact that you can move all the players is very very promising and gives unbelievable Deep in your strategy..but as i say its dificult at the beggining to do many things simultaneously at a good level..i want some more proactise before go online but here is my frien code..

feel free to add me.I will add you asap

Ok, well I'm loving the game! This is how I've always wanted to control Pro Evo! It'd be better if you could have more control while defending but this is still decent enough.

I think it's too easy on 3 stars, 4 is a good match and 5 stars is a great challenge... I'm having a Pro Evo day tomorrow with a few of my friends, see what they make of it!

Got it, gonna start it up in a mo, thought I'd add my friend code here first!

3437 3012 3733

Here is my Pro evo code

2964-8546-0804

add me and then pm me or reply in this thread to say you've added me plz

I've added both of you.

I've gotten loads better at this, finally starting to get comfortable with the controls. I actually reckon it'd be pretty weird to go back to the old style of game play now.

pesmiiyj2.jpg

The Mii option doesn't really make up for the piss poor edit mode (or lack of one more like it), but a nice addition none the less.

Yeah I unlocked the Mii mode love it, never before has the world seen ET score from an Adolf Hitler run after a dreamy run by Mr.T.

It's so annoying that there is no Edit mode...not even being able to edit the team badges and the kits really annoys me...I reckon they've done it so we all shell out on the next version when summer is over.

Loving online so far, had an incredible game last night final score 6-6

dsc00133hd6.jpg

Not a great advert for the defensive controls but a great game none the less... I scored from some very free flowing moves...Thankfully won my next game by a far more normal 3-0. I'm definitly getting better at the controls...although I still trip myself up from time to time and get confused...

Wow the controls are so Dificult at the start!!Made the first tutorial but have many roblems to get used.. i played 2 games at the easiest mode..i won 6-1 and 3-2..but oponent didnt do anything lol..Defence is really wierd have to say...its completely diferent form pc versions of Pes..The fact that you can move all the players is very very promising and gives unbelievable Deep in your strategy..but as i say its dificult at the beggining to do many things simultaneously at a good level..i want some more proactise before go online but here is my frien code..

feel free to add me.I will add you asap

I'll add your code mate... I agree about the defensive controls...the only problem with it is I think that makes it unbalanced as it is much easier to pull off excellent attacking moves on the fly but much harder to react to them effectively...still I think it is more solid than some reviews made out...

EDIT

If anyone wants to play online I'll be free till about 2pm.....then unplugging my Wii and TV cos got to decorate my bedroom...

I picked it up in Tesco's yesterday. My friend code is 5198 2387 0418. Don't forget to use the online boards for the online centric chatter and banter. Maybe someone could make a thread for general one off friendly matches and challenges? Cos we can't use the league thread for everything lol.

Quality game so far. Easy against the computer on 1-3 star but then on professional they start to tackle you and stuff. Deadly against another human player though! Theres alot to learn and remember in this so its gonna take some time before I'm using all the intricate techniques available. Who said this game is all about passing and that you can't just run past people? I've been going on runs... :p

Do you shake the nunchuk harder to get more power on your shots or what?

I picked it up in Tesco's yesterday. My friend code is 5198 2387 0418. Don't forget to use the online boards for the online centric chatter and banter. Maybe someone could make a thread for general one off friendly matches and challenges? Cos we can't use the league thread for everything lol.

Quality game so far. Easy against the computer on 1-3 star but then on professional they start to tackle you and stuff. Deadly against another human player though! Theres alot to learn and remember in this so its gonna take some time before I'm using all the intricate techniques available. Who said this game is all about passing and that you can't just run past people? I've been going on runs... :p

Do you shake the nunchuk harder to get more power on your shots or what?

I really don't know about the nunchuk...I started to think you had to make fluent movements to nail it rather than just swinging it but this doesn't seem to be the case....

You are right about dribbling it can be done..

EDIT;

Friend Codes and Banter thread created;

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20096

I've started a list but post yours in there if its not included.

I am strating to improve my way of playing and really get uset to the philosophy of this game..I already start felling much more comfortable with the controls!Really makes you want to try many diferent ways of playing!!

How You can save your Formation!!????

that seems really expensive as its £30 from most places here in the uk

£30, holy frack, that's like 42 euro... we're getting butt raped over here... might order from Play when i get home from holiday, really wanna try out the controls on this

I am strating to improve my way of playing and really get uset to the philosophy of this game..I already start felling much more comfortable with the controls!Really makes you want to try many diferent ways of playing!!

How You can save your Formation!!????

You can't it really winds me up!!!!

£30, holy frack, that's like 42 euro... we're getting butt raped over here... might order from Play when i get home from holiday, really wanna try out the controls on this

Honestly it is worth a try...it could be a love it or hate it thing, but as you can see everyone so far seems to love the controls...

Dunno if I love it so far. When it works and you see all the potential then its great, but when things are going against you and you can't seem to do anything, its really annoying. Its all about adapting to it, I guess and online should add some good longevity.

Shooting reminds me of Fifa in some way.

What do you mean you can't save your formation? I was sure there was some way you could, not that I've found it yet lol.

I'm struggling with this at the minute :hmm: I'm enjoying trying to learn the new controls and, in an attacking sense, I can definitely see huge potential! Even on the defensive side I see a lot of possibilities, but I have been frustrated by putting pressure on the attacker while they just seem to run straight through me without my players putting the foot in (this happened a few times against flameboy

Having said that, I didn;t want just another Pro Evo, so I'm glad it is so drastically different. I wanted something new to get my teeth into and it looks like this is gonna take a lot of time to master and become comfortable with everything (especially defending)

Thank goodness for online play, though.. both my brother and one of my friends have shrugged the game off completely after a few seconds of play and are unlikely ever to return, which is a shame, but I can understand why..

I'm struggling with this at the minute :hmm: I'm enjoying trying to learn the new controls and, in an attacking sense, I can definitely see huge potential! Even on the defensive side I see a lot of possibilities, but I have been frustrated by putting pressure on the attacker while they just seem to run straight through me without my players putting the foot in (this happened a few times against flameboy

Having said that, I didn;t want just another Pro Evo, so I'm glad it is so drastically different. I wanted something new to get my teeth into and it looks like this is gonna take a lot of time to master and become comfortable with everything (especially defending)

Thank goodness for online play, though.. both my brother and one of my (friends have shrugged the game off completely after a few seconds of play and are unlikely ever to return, which is a shame, but I can understand why..

Everything you've said is true... I didn't bother to get Pro Evo when I got my PS3 as I am just bored of footie games like that...Pro Evo really hasn't changed for years aside from the odd tweak but this really is a new way of playing.

I think defensive solidity is definitly going to be the last thing to come to most people but then I also look at it from the point of view that its no different to trying to defend against high end Pro Evo players from other versions...There are a few tricks I've picked up, partly through experimenting and partly through the training camps a bit further into Champions Road.

Shooting does my nut in, seems no sure fire way to do it and because of this it seems broken, like how come for volleys and headers you have to hit it perfectly but for defensive headers you don't? Also it makes shooting from free kicks a bit of a right off...

I think online runs superbly there is the odd bit of lag...I had one game where I was winning 3-1 it got to 4-3 to the other team throughout a lag ridden, (one point where his striker disappeared as did my defenders and all I saw was the ball going past my defender...) second half but then they walked all over me to make it 5-3...

I think the key to getting anything out of this game is going in with an open mind, if you go in have a game and think this is shit just because it doesn't play like other versions you are missing out on a host, a wealth of rich footballing gameplay.

when you try to find online oponents you choose speed connection as priority?or try to find an oponent withoute mind his connection?i searches with the first criterion to find an onloine game and couldnt ..with second found and played with some lag at moments..He was a llitel beeter but finally the match was 2-2 until 75 when connection lost..maybe he quit or just the servers..

when you try to find online oponents you choose speed connection as priority?or try to find an oponent withoute mind his connection?i searches with the first criterion to find an onloine game and couldnt ..with second found and played with some lag at moments..He was a llitel beeter but finally the match was 2-2 until 75 when connection lost..maybe he quit or just the servers..

Yeah I always find it hard to find games when looking for better speed...I just leave it in the middle...

"It has all the intricacies of the existing versions, but within a user interface that couldn’t be implemented on any other format than the Wii,” says Murphy. “PES 2008 for Wii isn’t just a good football game, it is an ambitious one – and the team’s efforts have paid off enormously. It will make fans of any football game rethink the way they play: no longer is just one player controlled, the user orchestrates the entire team.”

Pro Evo series creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka says that and some other interesting stuff in this interview/ article:

http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9761&Itemid=2

Just bought the game today when doing the shopping at Asda's I couldn't resist! Wow what a cracking game theres a settling in period getting used to the controls but once it starts to click it's great fun.

Heres my code 0688 5234 2612.

Hello everyone

I have a question. Is there any transfer player/editing option where you can update your roster after the latest transfers? Will these transfers/editing work online, or will you only be able to play with the "original" exhibition teams?

I also wonder if there are any ways to remove the player names when you point your wiimote at them since it looks abit annoying not being able to see your player sometimes.

Just bought the game today when doing the shopping at Asda's I couldn't resist! Wow what a cracking game theres a settling in period getting used to the controls but once it starts to click it's great fun.

Heres my code 0688 5234 2612.

I must not be spending enought time with the controls or be completly thick, because I'm still not used to the controls.

pesmiiyj2.jpg

LMAO your signature is funny.

Hello everyone

I have a question. Is there any transfer player/editing option where you can update your roster after the latest transfers? Will these transfers/editing work online, or will you only be able to play with the "original" exhibition teams?

I also wonder if there are any ways to remove the player names when you point your wiimote at them since it looks abit annoying not being able to see your player sometimes.

No you cannot edit teams except for the team names and player names (but not their appearances) In online it uses the original names...

Also it's on the player on the ball whose name is displayed and I'm not sure about how to turn it off...

No you cannot edit teams except for the team names and player names (but not their appearances) In online it uses the original names...

Also it's on the player on the ball whose name is displayed and I'm not sure about how to turn it off...

aww.. I dont understand why the editing mode was removed since its even on the PS2 version.. anyway thanks for the answer

hi

just wondered if anyone knew what the arrows mean next to players? (player condition or something0

thought it was if they were tired but its in one of matches as well and you can shoose the condition?

Yeah its the condition of the players, you can set the condition in 1on1 matches but not in the champions cup thingy

ediT; defending is a giant piece of gashbag

To get rid of the player names (and the status bar) you just have to pause the game and go into player settings.. then turn it off. Hope that helps!

Anyway, I still suck at defending, but I've read a couple of new things in the instruction manual to try so we'll see if that helps next time I play! :heh: