NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

my copy was being picked and packed last night! woohoo! should be on its way today...

..meh.. mine is still in the 'preordered' stage on Play.com.

I'm not confident of this being here by friday :hmm:

Not quite sure what to make of this. I read a review on IGN where the writer was creaming himself over it, praising its 'revolutionary' control scheme and shouting about how it was the first 'soccer' game he'd enjoyed in ages. The fact that the game has persuaded some fat American to write such praise can either mean it really is a fantastic experience, or dumbed down in order to grab the attention of said fat American. I'm hoping the former is true.

Not quite sure what to make of this. I read a review on IGN where the writer was creaming himself over it, praising its 'revolutionary' control scheme and shouting about how it was the first 'soccer' game he'd enjoyed in ages. The fact that the game has persuaded some fat American to write such praise can either mean it really is a fantastic experience, or dumbed down in order to grab the attention of said fat American. I'm hoping the former is true.

I think its plain to see that the wealth of attacking techniques this opens up more than proves that it is not dumbed down...

anyway my preorder now reads....

26/03/2008 09:10:46 Your order has been dispatched.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I think its plain to see that the wealth of attacking techniques this opens up more than proves that it is not dumbed down...

Still not convinced. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays. It's a shame they didn't just include classic controller support as a back up though.

Still not convinced. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays. It's a shame they didn't just include classic controller support as a back up though.

If you want classic controller go out and play the other versions...it would have led to a disjointed online experience if people were using two radically different control systems...

I just think it would be nice to have 'classic' Pro Evo and 'intriguing remote waggling' Pro Evo in the same package, rather than having to buy it twice each year. Although I suppose if that latter does turn out to be shit I won't have that problem...

What if the latter turns out to be way better than 'classic'?

Mine hasn't been dispatched :( Which means it won't be here tomorrow, meaning I can't play it til monday!!! Devastated!

I just think it would be nice to have 'classic' Pro Evo and 'intriguing remote waggling' Pro Evo in the same package, rather than having to buy it twice each year. Although I suppose if that latter does turn out to be shit I won't have that problem...

you dont have to buy it twice...I'm gonna see what this is like and base the next update on this, especially seem as both the 360 and PS3 versions have seem stagnant from the last gen versions...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hope the Wii controls turn out to be truly revolutionary and offer depth beyond that we're used to from PES. I just can't see it being anything more than a bit of novelty fun.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm looking forward to finding out!

..my Play.com order now says 'Packing' ..so, no chance that it will come tomorrow, but as long as it is dispatched later today, I can at least hope it will be here by Friday..

I had to wait til the Tuesday after No More Heroes came out.. I don't think I could do that again for this :hmm:

I really wish i had enough money for this game! :) I

t looks great and /nando/ really got me interested in it!

But i just about have enough for Mario Kart Wii! :D

I tell ya nando me old mate, get yourself preordering from game...their prices are getting better all the time and so far out of 4 preorders since I started using them, they havn't let me down...

Play.com used to do the business for me.. I got Excite Truck and Mario Strikers: Charged Football the day before release. As long as it comes on Friday, there's no problem.. but I have been really wanting this game and if I have to wait a few extra days to get it, I'm gonna fall behind all you guys with a lack of practice.. which sucks :heh:

I think it will take us all a bit of practice to nail this new way of thinking and playing...I cannot wait...fingers crossed it turns up 2moro.

You've all likely watched these before but theres no harm for a quick refresher before its released:

http://uk.wii.com/software/26/index.html

Gotta say, I'm not looking forward to defending. Attacking looks too good!

yeah we will all be able to attack like Arsenal but defend like Bolton!

EDIT;

Do not know why I wrote Bolton meant Derby lol!

can't wait to gewt mi hands on this. im getting it straight away friday morning so ne one wanna game

yep with any luck mine should be here 2moro although Harrogate is in the grips of a redistribution of postal staff hours (got on the local rag's front page 2 weeks in a row) so some stuff hasn't been showing but it seems to be sorted by now if my ebay purchaes are anything to go by.

So gimme a shout with your friendcode. God since getting my PS3 I've soooo grown out of using numbers 213712457329857329857834275983427598346598374

i live in leeds n there no problem ere wi post. guna get it from blockbuster. trade in bully as ive completed it

Attack like Asrenal? What, score in the final minute?

I'd rather attack like Spurs - goals over the place, both ends, never know what's going to happen :)

Attack like Asrenal? What, score in the final minute?

I'd rather attack like Spurs - goals over the place, both ends, never know what's going to happen :)

I meant as in the way everyone says Arsenal play the beautiful game.

i think we should aspire to be like Southampton. A truly great football with lots of attacking flare...

My order still hasn't dispatched from shopto yet....

my order is on its way and money taken so its all with my "good" friends the royal mail....c'mon c'mon c'mon....

What do you think guys? Worth going out to town to see if it is out, for am impulse buy?