NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

hi guys

wondering where is best 2 preorder from shopto or play. only £2 difference but not sure which has faster shipping?

shopto by a mile mate! this coming out next week?

Well I wasn't going to get this but have decided to take the plunge. There were a few reasons I was intially skeptical. Firstly if FIFA is anything to go by the potential is there but it is perhaps not the title to get the first in the series of and wait for the second in the series. Also it will be annoying to get this and then a new one come out in August/September which is way better.

But then I decided fuck it I'll get this and if I really hate it wait for Pro Evo 09 on the PS3. There is only one thing that worries me is about the defensive controls sound like you dont get enough control over it all...

I saw an advert for this on Sky Sports 1 today at half time of the Man United v Liverpool match (:() and it looked pretty good.. got me more excited for it!

Michael Owen and Ian Wright were playing the game.. scored a goal each.. and Jon Champion explained briefly about how the game plays (with some illustrations on screen..)

Almost there.. and it's great you've decided to join in, flameboy ..I'll see you online:yay:

I really can't wait for this game!! Annoyingly I'm away this weekend, hopefully it'll get delievered on Thursday so I get SOME time with it. Then the week after I will be playing this and Smash Bros SOLIDLY!!

Don't know what I'm going to do when mario Kart is out too!!!

know the feeling dazzybee

sort of glad we have to wait for ssbb so can have some time with PES and mario kart.

shame there isn't enoguh hours in the day to play all of them :P

I saw an advert for this on Sky Sports 1 today at half time of the Man United v Liverpool match (:() and it looked pretty good.. got me more excited for it!

Michael Owen and Ian Wright were playing the game.. scored a goal each.. and Jon Champion explained briefly about how the game plays (with some illustrations on screen..)

Almost there.. and it's great you've decided to join in, flameboy ..I'll see you online:yay:

Yep saw that advert was awesome! looks sooooooooooo good! yep you and me have had many a legendary Pro Evo DS and Mario Strikers matches I'm sure Pro Evo Wii will be the same.

good that its getting advertised.

guess you arent a man u supporter then nando...

Yeah very good that it is being advertised and that it shows off the new gameplay mechanics.

I really can't wait for this game!! Annoyingly I'm away this weekend, hopefully it'll get delievered on Thursday so I get SOME time with it. Then the week after I will be playing this and Smash Bros SOLIDLY!!

Don't know what I'm going to do when mario Kart is out too!!!

Well I'm off work for the next 2 weeks so I will be playing it all the time as well so gimme a shout!

i know we've got a thread for playing this online but wondered if when you play online you can pick any of the teams on there or can you use the one you play though in the road to the cup (or something like that)

i know we've got a thread for playing this online but wondered if when you play online you can pick any of the teams on there or can you use the one you play though in the road to the cup (or something like that)

I think you can use your Road to the Cup one...and also think you can assemble a team of Mii's although that would look naff!

yeah true lol.

cheers

i suppose if we have an online league it can be whatever team you would like. But it may take a while to assemble a decent team of your own.

defending is tough. all my online games have been really laggy. honestly it is really bad sometimes. hopefully this is due to me playing japanese players. when you have it let me know.

Alright its on. Thanks to the reviews placed by others i am getting this.

defending is tough. all my online games have been really laggy. honestly it is really bad sometimes. hopefully this is due to me playing japanese players. when you have it let me know.

Yeah think it is probably because of that...remember Pro Evo on DS that we had? that was laggy was hell in random matches...

Alright its on. Thanks to the reviews placed by others i am getting this.

Good glad to see more people jumping onboard!

yeah true lol.

cheers

i suppose if we have an online league it can be whatever team you would like. But it may take a while to assemble a decent team of your own.

perhaps as a leveler for the first season we could have the premiership or something? or just randomly draw top european teams?

I'll be Spurs and I will destroy everyone in my path! I am unstoppable with Spurs - I just know the team so well, it's strengths, weaknesses, everything.

My only with this game is that defending is one of my strong points in footy games - getting my defender in front of the goal, perfect slide tackles; I'm frustrating to play against. All this control is now gone......gulp!!! Still confident of trouncing you guys though :D

PS I'm just starting the banter early!

I'll be Spurs and I will destroy everyone in my path! I am unstoppable with Spurs - I just know the team so well, it's strengths, weaknesses, everything.

My only with this game is that defending is one of my strong points in footy games - getting my defender in front of the goal, perfect slide tackles; I'm frustrating to play against. All this control is now gone......gulp!!! Still confident of trouncing you guys though :D

Being Spurs would be like suicide considering the defending is already hard to learn.:heh:

I see why they have perhaps simplified the defensive controls to encourage greater attacking play...

yeah at least online we are all in the same position just hopefully its not too hard to get the ball back

I just hope enough people from here get this so that I don't have to go to other communities to try and find matches...

Yeah I hope so too. This is the only forum I use (because I think it's nice and personal) but the online boards are a joke, hardly any online gaming happens!!!

I browse other boards sometimes and see LOADS of online gaming happening on even obscure online games like Starfox!

The Mario Strikers Charged Football tournament was great! I'm sure there won't be the same number of people for a Pro Evo tournament, but lesser numbers paves the way for a League format, so we'll just wait and see what happens!

If there are any guests viewing this and plan on getting the game, sign up and join in :heh:

I played PES6 on PS2 which I hadnt done for a few months and it still had that charm and immense amount of fun. As a result I really want this game but cannot really afford it due to Mario Kart and my studies so I'm really sad to having to give it a miss. However, I half hope the next edition is released at the same time as the other console versions closer to Christmas as I will be then be able to get a copy of PES 2009.

Make sure you upload your vids and replays of goals so that we can watch :D

my copy was being picked and packed last night! woohoo! should be on its way today...