NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Games you Hate, But everyone else loves

For me it has to be Gears of War, I bought it and I absolutely hated it, so overated it's not even funny, Very Narrow, Chainsaw Killing gets boring and online is utter shite.

Graphics are great but I don't see the appeal...

Metroid Prime (although hate maybe a little strong).

Dunno why, I loved the start of the game in the forest area and Phendrana Drifts was stunning but just after the Lava Place and when it got into the Space Pirates Labs I just lost interest and found it became a chore to play. Maybe I just don't have a good enough attention to try and find a story through the scanning of 100's of Space Pirates computer logs, maybe I just found it a bit hard and gave up too early, whatever it was I just don't see the overall appeal!

I suppose Pro Evo is another one, everyone's always going on about how it's the definitive football game but I could never really get to grips with it - give me Fifa over Pro Evo any day of the week!

I don't hate it, I just don't like very much, and the game is...halo..(runs for cover)

for me it's Final Fantasy 7, just never liked it, also watched my brother playing it and it just seemed crap

Metroid, especially Prime. Never got into it at all. Willing to give the Wii version a go, mostly because of the raving about the controls, depending on other releases around it.

Halo 2, no contest. Golden Sun was cack too when I played it.

Gears of war, probably because I'm a noob and my cousin lives on his xbox360, but I hate that game. It needs some family play control scheme because it sucks ass. (Yes I got merc'd)

metroid prime for me too. its weird to say this about a game, but i found it.. depressing. i dont mean depressingly bad, i just mean it was so dour and grim. i know thats an element of the story etc, but i just didnt take to it.

Weird.

Pokemon, I can't believe you all keep buying those games.

Advance Wars. People keep telling me how fun it is, and how good multiplayer battles are. 'Cept they're not.

Final Fantasy. Tried playing FFX and the fightint just got annoying.

Running..running...*noise noise*..FIGHT...enemy dead...EXP gained...running...running...*noi...yeah annoying.

And Metroid. I just couldn't get into it, and Halo. It's just annoying dying every few steps.

Rainbow 6 Vegas was on that list, until I played it online. Games always get better when you play with mates online

Gran Turismo.

Madden.

Tekken.

Splinter Cell.

Any Rally Game (lookin at you dirt/colin mcrae)

GRAW

Need for Speed-fo sho

Saints Row.

Dead Rising. Had potential but i found it unplayable.

Street Fighter II-It's just an old game-jeeez

All Football games! (football manager games are good though)

Good call on Splinter Cell. I've got the first one, and thought it was linear, and trial and error crap. Not to mention I thought the controls were a bit unresponsive, and stiff.

I'm going with Calza, Legend of Zelda. I really can't get into them.

Super Mario World - Not much of a fan of the 2D Marios anyway and just find it rather dull and a chore to play.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - Dull endless cutscenes, boring story, poor and dated gameplay.

Golden Sun - Didn't really enjoy it at anytime, found it boring, just played through it.

Mario Kart Series - Don't hate it but find the series abit boring really, Diddy Kong Racing shows how it should be done!

Gran Turismo, and Metroid Prime. Metroid feels like too much work to play without rewards. Gran Turismo is too realistic at the expense of fun. Can't think of any more at the moment.

Final Fantasy can lick my wet nuts, basically.

I second that...

I also never quite got what was so good about Pro Evo. They're good games, don't get me wrong, but they're not that good.

I stand with Takeo on Street Fighter II. Get over it!

Oh, and I go from despising to loving, and back to despising Counter-Strike.