NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

I want to see the sales of this. Sucks if it sells more than Galaxy, which I can see happening...

But that's a load of people queueing up for it.

Damn your lucky dazzybee :(

If it sells more? Hell it's probably going to demolish Galaxy's sales, not only at launch but more importantly in the long run.

Casual games have been the only games with "legs" on Nintendo consoles since....well, as long as I can remember. I don't think any hardcore games in the Gamecube days ever hung around the top 1- charts for more than a couple of weeks either, where as Wii sports and play stuck in the top 10 for a damn good while. Wii fit will very likely keep up the same trend.

Wii Fit will sell insane amounts of copies, but thats a great thing. If half of the people who buy Wii fit decide to take a punt on Galaxy (I'm not incuding typical gamers) then that's great!!

Wii sales went back to number one last week, but I hope this sees them sky rocket to new highs and totally destroy the opposition over christmas. I think this is one of the reasons Brawl was delayed, two such big titles would only hurt each others sales.

On the Gameplay front, I think the skiing looks sweet.

It's almost impossible for us Westerners to predict the day-to-day tastes of the Japanese, but I agree with everyone who says that Wii Fit will sell insane amounts of copies, at least globally speaking.

I'm going to go on a limb here and bet that it will be Wii's second best-selling game.

I'm also betting it will be Wii's greatest source of media-frenzy when it comes to Wii-Fit-related injuries and mishaps.

Broken ankles, muscle-pulling, mild strokes even!

I also expect to see a picture of a balance board firmly embedded in someone's TV by the end of the year.

I'm really looking forward to wii fit, i've said this likes 10,000 times but NOE are really missing a BIG opportunity if they don't release this January.

Many peoples New Years Resolutions are too lose weight! Just think of the adverts they could do!

I'm really looking forward to wii fit, i've said this likes 10,000 times but NOE are really missing a BIG opportunity if they don't release this January.

Many peoples New Years Resolutions are too lose weight! Just think of the adverts they could do!

I think you're onto something there! You should get a job with Nintendo's PR dept.

Not sure?

I would love to do that though!

Make getting Wii Fit your new year's resolution!

I reckon it'd make a great ad, I can't believe how many Wii ads are on TV at the mo, saw the RE:UC one last night, it's very good. Even got my bird interested.

Most interesting part is that JOGGING is just putting the wii mote in your pocket. NOT using the board! OOOOOooooo. Controversial!

Hmmm, that's going to be a serious problem for those who like jogging in the nude. Er, not that I do that or anything . . . yeah.

This is looking like a certain purchase for me. I could certainly do with doing some daily exercise and perhaps this would help! And anyway, I'll need the Balance Board for 1080 in the future.. won't I, Nintendo :heh:

In a similar vein to Brain Training, it looks like this is a title in which you may or may not return to day after day to see what your BMI is.

But I have to ask, does anyone else return to the brain training "days"? So that you get the stamps, keep on trecking etc...

It seems that missing out on features because you haven't returned day after day or you return a month later is something nintendo took from Animal Crossing and applied to all of their "training" games.

A good thing and a bad thing me thinks. I like consistency. And I'm lazy. Maybe this isn't the title for me. No doubt I will push my parents to buy it anyway.

Hmmm, that's going to be a serious problem for those who like jogging in the nude. Er, not that I do that or anything . . . yeah.

There are other places you can put the Wiimote :p

I meant stuck to your leg with tape obviously :p

You're the one who jumped to the conclusion :p

Heres the sales numbers for the game.

[WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 261,000

Also heres the early numbers for the consoles sold.

DSL 126000

PSP 78000

Wii 71000

PS3 41000

PS2 15000

360 5200

Looks like the Wii had a spike just like we all said.

Heres the sales numbers for the game.

[WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 261,000

Also heres the early numbers for the consoles sold.

DSL 126000

PSP 78000

Wii 71000

PS3 41000

PS2 15000

360 5200

Looks like the Wii had a spike just like we all said.

Yep. How were the sales of SMG? Spikey as well?

Oh, and by the way: OMFGz0r, teh g4me only sold 11OOO more tehn SMG did in its first w33k!@?$

Oh, and by the way: OMFGz0r, teh g4me only sold 11OOO more tehn SMG did in its first w33k!@?$

lololololol I don;t know why people are knocking the Mario Galaxy sales, over 250,000 in one week is pretty good, as is this. Plus Wii has a second week back on top :)

Not in the top 10 anyway.

01. [NDS] Prof. Layton and Pandora’s Box (Level 5) - 294,000 / NEW

02. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 261,000 / NEW

03. [PS2] SD Gundam G Generation Spirits (Bandai-Namco) - 252,000 / NEW

04. [NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 135,000 / 732,000

05. [PS2] Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes (Capcom) - 95,000 / NEW

06. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 80,000 / 539,000

07. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami) - 74,000 / 368,000

08. [360] Assassin’s Creed (Ubi Soft) - 41,000 / NEW

09. [WII] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 41,000 / 103,000

10. [NDS] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters World Championship 2008 (Konami) - 35,000 / NEW