N-Europe

First Aid

conzer16

How good is your first aid knowledge?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How good is your first aid knowledge?

• Great, I know all the techniques.
    • OK, but I could use a refresher course.
    • Dismal, I'd like to sign up for a course.
    • Dismal, and not bothered to learn.

How good is your First Aid knowledge?

Do you have any First Aid skills? Did you have to attend a compulsory course for work etc?

Do you have an interest in it? Have you saved anyone from being seriously injured/hurt/death etc?

Would you like to do a course in First Aid?

---------

I have no First Aid skills at all. I have never attended a course, but feel that I should. I mean what could I do if somone had a sever asthma attack, heart attack etc? Not a whole lot except call for the ambulance.

Post your own experiences or aspirations here...

Forgive me for finding it hilarious that you are posting a thread about First Aid after having complimented my girlfriend.

You are forgiven...??

In fact, I was typing out this thread when you posted in MPT.

Forgive my ignorance, but I see no relevance between complimenting your gf and First Aid.

I know nothing, but would like to learn.

Last year, when I was working as a waiter, a woman choked on some chicken. None of the staff had no idea what to do, and where all staring at the poor woman, who was in agony. :shakehead Would of had loved to be a hero, and do the heimlich manoeuvre, but sadly all I got do was shout something simillar to "Is there a Doctor in the house!".

Some job I will have in the future will no doubt offer first-aid training.

I did a Junior First Aid course about 3 years ago and then last summer I did a first aid course as part of my lifeguard course. On the whole I think I know First Aid pretty well and hope I would be capable of helping someone in an emergency.

The procedures change so often though, I would like to do a refresher course. I bet CPR has changed from the 30/2 I was taught last year.

I've got a few years experience as a St. John Ambulance cadet so I hope I don't sound arrogant when i say my first-aid skillz are major ownage and what-not :D

But ya, they could always do with a quick refresher =/

Guest Stefkov

I put my name down on a sheet and later I was given a certificate to say I can do First Aid.

I've been told my 'bear' hugs hurt. I could probably squeeze someone until they come back alive.