Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Charlie

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you going to midnight launches (especially in supermarkets) please give staff a little respect. If any harry potter fuckwits piss me off at work tonight I'm going to shout out what happens, having been told the leak earlier today.

Guest Stefkov
Just so you know, the ginger kid dies.

As much as I didn't want to read that, I'm not that bothered about spoilers. It's inevitable someone will die.

I've read it. I won't spoil it for you guys, but it kinda reminds me of the Bourne series of books mixed with a bit of doctor who/torchwood mixed with magic.

I'll just say this if she wants to do sequels she can.

I've read it. I won't spoil it for you guys, but it kinda reminds me of the Bourne series of books mixed with a bit of doctor who/torchwood mixed with magic.

I'll just say this if she wants to do sequels she can.

That's pretty much spoiler material right there mate...

I've read the last chapter so know what you mean. Spoiler box just for the sake of it?

AFAIK tis only the cover that's different.

book 7 is a continuation of book 6 so probably not. You wouldn't have a clue who some of the characters are - where some of the others are and what the hell is going on and why!!

But it is very good, probably best one.

Guest Stefkov
I dont see why people like Harry Potter. :hmm:

I think I like it because I grew up with the book. Growing up through High School reading it, Year 7 or so reading the first book I was in the mind of wanting to be him.

I just read them now because it's something to read.

I still consider it a slight copy of the Unseen University from Discworld. Rowling can spew this "I've been working on it for 17 years " bullshit [it took her this long to write it] as much as she likes.

Not really... I mean Discworld is infinitely better than Harry Potter, but I don't see why you'd think it was copied. Pratchett's Unseen University is a load of stuffy old men with beards, nothing like Hogwarts at all.

I still consider it a slight copy of the Unseen University from Discworld. Rowling can spew this "I've been working on it for 17 years " bullshit [it took her this long to write it] as much as she likes.

Lets be honest half the crap she wrote about she's stole. She didn't blooming invent wizards.

And those pesky fools at work were saved, none annoyed me enough to ruin the book. Though we had a queue going out the door all the way across the car park and out on the road the other side (apparently - I wasn't allowed to go check). Though its pointless we've still got loads this morning.

I dont see why people like Harry Potter. :hmm:

Baffles me too, I read a few pages of the first book and it bored living crap out of me. First impressions,to me, are very important.

Kay read the plot summary and other spoilers....*Sigh*

Wow. This book sounds so shit its not even funny. Half of the time they are using some magic bull shit that disguises them as other people...yeah okay, once or twice, but omg ruin the book.

Harry dies, and gets bought back to life? BIGGEST COP OUT EVER.

Sounds awful.

Shes really not a very good story teller at all...I have decided. Go read Bendis comics instead. You get good stories nad good dialogue.

Baffles me too, I read a few pages of the first book and it bored living crap out of me. First impressions,to me, are very important.

Most books the first 1-3 chapters always are boring. Its there to set up characters plot for th book etc. The summary on the back is more important for me.

Not really... I mean Discworld is infinitely better than Harry Potter, but I don't see why you'd think it was copied. Pratchett's Unseen University is a load of stuffy old men with beards, nothing like Hogwarts at all.

It's a school. For wizards. No similarities at all, course.

I know Discworld is infinitely better, this is what we should see being made into a movie, however we're not getting kids spunking their loads on Lizo's face on Newsround so it'll probably never happen.

We're just stuck with "TV specials"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!