N-Europe

Star Wars on Wii: more fuel to the rumour!

Retro_Link

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7939/1/Star_Wars_Light-Saber_Game_Closer_to_Reality?

Nintendo Wii News | Star Wars Light-Saber Game Closer to Reality?

The eternal rumour that has been floating around since the Wii controller was first unveiled has reared its head again thanks to talk from LucasArts. Speaking recently and in answer to a question about a possible Wii light-sabre game, Jim Ward, President of LucasArts and a Senior Vice President at Lucasfilm, was stated as saying: "We’re all over that, and internally we have already played a lightsaber game on the Wii. It’s a lot of fun, and we’ll get there."

He continued by mentioning how the concept of a title using a lightsaber on Nintendo Wii was "...in place! There’ll be some stuff out this Fall - it’s going to be a lot of fun."

But could he merely be talking about Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, which will indeed include motion controls, or is Wii set to get something a little more exclusive?

This game needs to be made!

Jedi Knight 3 would be great to have on Wii!

Or a Wii version of Star Wars arcade!

Or just a brand new game!

I said it before and I'll say it again. LucasArts would be stupid not to release a lightsaber game on the Wii.

All the Star Wars fans will go crazy because so far this will be the closest to being part of the saga.

Now if they could convince Factor5 to do this there should be little doubt that we'll get a good game.

Really hope they do the light sourcing properly. I long so hard to do the Vader vs Luke fight from Empire Strikes back. If i got to play that i might just pass out.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

I really hate giving them attension for this. The idea was so so obvious.

Yeah true for the light saber but lets take the idea a little further. Say for using "force moves" you actually use gestures, similar to the system in DBZ. You could actually make a really physically demanding game that way. There could even be some moves where you have to hold still or be really accurate to cut up the action or just to make them hard to do with all of the adrenaline. It would be very much like having to focus with the force.

Also you could build up a whole different sent of personalities to the moves for the dark and light side. Dark side could be really thrashy and aggressive while light side could be more focused and timed even.

Yeah true for the light saber but lets take the idea a little further. Say for using "force moves" you actually use gestures, similar to the system in DBZ. You could actually make a really physically demanding game that way. There could even be some moves where you have to hold still or be really accurate to cut up the action or just to make them hard to do with all of the adrenaline. It would be very much like having to focus with the force.

Also you could build up a whole different sent of personalities to the moves for the dark and light side. Dark side could be really thrashy and aggressive while light side could be more focused and timed even.

Ya but i think you are going too far too fast. Sword fighting STILL hasn't been mastered yet. I think the first game is going to keep things basic. Have rubbish raphics but will go straight for control That's what sequels are for. That's why i think this would have been a fantastic launch game or afterwards. It's stupidly late now.

• 2 months later...
LucasArts seem to "dislike" Nintendo so it could take a while before we see this happen.

Well factor 5 dissed the wii a few times didn't they?

Lucasarts don't seem to like Nintendo consoles. i have noticed this too. the same with konami before the wii.

I think lucasarts just go for the most popular console or what they thought the most popular would be.

They need to keep up with the times though.

When Lucasarts were pushing adventure games back in the day they were respectable. But they started whoring Star Wars thus thinking they were the greatest developers scince sliced bread. Even if Star Wars is one of the biggest franchises of all time it doesn't mean you.....Oh, wait! Sorry. How silly of me. Lucasarts are a business and just want the money. Star Wars sells. Let them whore it out. They are only tarnishing the franchise (or will George Lucas do that all by himself with this live action Star Wars TV show?).

What a tangled web. But what a universe!!