N-Europe

The 2007 Summer Job Hunt

Fierce_LiNk

Well that was pretty damn quick! Only went into agencies earlier today, and they rang me back about an hour or so ago offering me a job!

W0000t!

I'll be doing telesales again, though. A word of warning for you guys: If you have the opportunity to do telesales, do it. It looks great on your CV, and plus you'll find it much easier to do customer service or future telesales work when you're strapped for cash later on in life. Wisest move I ever made.

Congrats man!!!

I had the opportunity to work at a call centre but I turned it down. After I passed the interview a couple of days ago, I just thought that it wasn't for me.

well done again m8!!:smile:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Wow Sega Europe. Where is the place, in England?

I'm gonna go hand in my CV at my local Blockbusters, and there's a Job Centre Plus near me, so I might pop in one day.

I'm currently working at Esporta Milngavie as a lifeguard but only doing 12 hours a week, I could get more time if I wanted but I don't think I can handle anymore sitting around.

I've been enquiring into doing a Swimming Teachers course which would let me teach swimming to people which would be a lot more interesting. The thing is, the course is £210 which I don't want to pay unless I have a guaranteed job at the end of it.

The next time I go into town (Saturday) I'm going to ask around at some shops if they have an positions open and take a visit to the local swimming pools to see if they have any teaching opportunities.

I'm currently working at that telesales place I got the job for. Just finished my training today, and will officially be out on the call floor tomorrow.

Working 12-8pm Monday-Thursday, and 10-6 on Fridays. Every other Saturday, as well.

Watch the money roll in!

I'm currently working at that telesales place I got the job for. Just finished my training today, and will officially be out on the call floor tomorrow.

Working 12-8pm Monday-Thursday, and 10-6 on Fridays. Every other Saturday, as well.

Watch the money roll in!

12-8? Thats pretty long!

Right now, working as a waiter at the Savoy Hotel which I got last week. Started on Monday, and I gotta say that it is pretty damn shit. Hardly anyone actually speaks to each other that much (it is a 5 star hotel though) and I had absolutely no training on my first two days. No one told me jack shit.

Only on the third day, (yesterday) did we actually do an induction and today we did a bit of training. Very surprised considering the standards of the place.

No offence to any Eastern Europeans, but the place is full of Czechs and Poles. Its annoying hearing them speak in their own languages when you can clearly see signs around the kitchen and floor saying "WE ALL SPEAK ONE LANGUAGE - ENGLISH".

Another thing which annoys me is waking up at 4am in the morning. I am doing the morning shift (breakfast) and have to get there at 6am. Takes pretty long to get there from my house but I guess its better than doing the PM shift.

Every day of this week I have been coming home absolutely KNACKERED. My feet hurt as I've been standing up from 6am to 2pm (those are my hours) and I don't have time for anything else. I haven't seen any friends for the past week, nor have I done anything else. Everything is just work.

I'm never happy tbh. I was annoyed that I couldn't get a job for the past couple of months and now that I do have a job, its fuckin hard. Get paid £6 per hour, paid every week....I keep clinging onto that thought to get me through the day.

It's more or less a 9-5 job. Same hours, just that I start later so finish later. It's going to kill me I reckon, booo.

It will be tough. First day at a new job is always gonna be a killer. I know mine definitely was....

Tried WHSmiths

Ottakars

HMV

None were employing, I really don't want to work in a Supermarket/ Library but I probably should.

its probably your best bet mate. When I was first looking for a job, I looked in all those type of places you looked at...WHSmiths, HMV, GAME etc but most of the time they are not even recruiting, and if they are, they only want experienced people.

I gave a "CV" to my local pub last night, I heard they need some people, but once again the Uni angle may have raped my chances once more.

My "CV" went as follows: (All in block capitals)

[Mobile Number]

[Name]

Son of the landlord of the Chequers.

[step dad's name] is my step father.

Of course [brother's name] is my brother.

You couldn't write a better CV than that.

its probably your best bet mate. When I was first looking for a job, I looked in all those type of places you looked at...WHSmiths, HMV, GAME etc but most of the time they are not even recruiting, and if they are, they only want experienced people.

I know its true but I don't want to admit it.

Stunning advice.

I got a call from the Sainsbury's Massive, they said "You have a massive wang and we could use your pr0 skills on checkouts." Naturally I was reluctant because I wasn't sure how my gigantic cock would help on checkout, maybe it would give the old ladies's pacemaker a boost and get through the checkout quicker.

A 20 hour a week contract, so we're looking at about £100 a week at least.

Eevil, I agree with Ashley. If it's not a contract job, lie. They don't need to know you're disappearing in a couple of months, just give your notice in time, make sure you get paid and fuck off. And hey, if you get on really well, you can admit the truth or say you "just decided to start uni" and you might get temp work there again in the future.

It's not very honourable but as Ash said, it's how the world works.