N-Europe

Bioshock

KKOB

Just downloaded the demo and played through it.

It's a damn well beautiful game indeed. After the plane crash and when the maincharacter was in the water I didnt move the controller. Thought it was some cut scene haha. And then I wiggled the stick abit and the character moved. Damn, nice effects I thought. And then when he came up to the stairs.. wow.. talk about nice textures.. then the entering into rapture.. the running WATER effects.. Damn. A very nice looking game indeed.. although with some wierd looking stuffs, it's one of the better looking games that I've played. I'm still thinking of keeping my Xbox or sell it though. But this game looks like a damn good game to have..

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not finding this game scary at all, it's really fun and beautiful and kinda creepy but that adds to the feel of the game. Really glad i've preodered now as £50 for this game, which takes about 20 hours to complete, is more than worth it.

lol You guys are pussies :D

Scariest moment in a game for me has to be the Dolls store in Condemned, that definetly made me jump a few times.

I can't play that game lol. I was round a mates last saturday and thought I'd try it. We were in full daylight, he was in the room with me and yet as soon as I started I kept jumping every time I saw an enemy and shouting constantly things like "Shit, I'm gonna die" and instead of fighting, I would turn the opposite direction and try and runaway.

I'm that sad.

Guest Stefkov

I think I might try the game with the brightness up a bit. I think it was a bit too dark at some points.

Haggis play some Viva Pinata, that'll cheer you right up. :heh:

I think I might try the game with the brightness up a bit. I think it was a bit too dark at some points.

Haggis play some Viva Pinata, that'll cheer you right up. :heh:

lol, knowing me I'll get freaked by the one of the pinata's :heh:

I really want to play "fear" but know I'll just die staight away due to being to scared.

Played through the demo and can't really see what all the fuss is about, seemed pretty meh. Looked well done but was just another samey linear FPS set in the same kind of post-apocalyptic environment we've seen thousands of times before, albeit this time underwater. I don't understand why this is being considered some kind of revolution, we've had magical powers at our fingertips as an alternative to firepower in plenty of FPS's, and as far as I can tell the weapon progression is identical to every other FPS under the sun (Crowbar>Pistol>Machine Gun>Rocket Launcher>Sniper>Experimental/Alien Weapon)

Same with the enemies, creepy schoolgirls were done in F.E.A.R, Prey and Silent Hill, and the crazed mutant humans are the staple food of 99% of games out there.

Like I say, it looks polished but I don't see why people are frothing at the mouth over it as if it's some kind of new level in gaming when it's just another FPS.

Played through the demo and can't really see what all the fuss is about, seemed pretty meh. Looked well done but was just another samey linear FPS set in the same kind of post-apocalyptic environment we've seen thousands of times before, albeit this time underwater. I don't understand why this is being considered some kind of revolution, we've had magical powers at our fingertips as an alternative to firepower in plenty of FPS's, and as far as I can tell the weapon progression is identical to every other FPS under the sun (Crowbar>Pistol>Machine Gun>Rocket Launcher>Sniper>Experimental/Alien Weapon)

Same with the enemies, creepy schoolgirls were done in F.E.A.R, Prey and Silent Hill, and the crazed mutant humans are the staple food of 99% of games out there.

Like I say, it looks polished but I don't see why people are frothing at the mouth over it as if it's some kind of new level in gaming when it's just another FPS.

Completley agree with you. How this gets 10/10 i dont know.

I think the bioshock bandwagon is that full, theres no more room on it.

Thought the story was great! But the gameplay felt a bit meh to me. Seen better in the form of Condemned for the melee and oblivion for the magic, and Deus Ex for the interactivity. But it was just a demo after all, I probably will buy the game, it just isn't my most wanted game and am happy to say my main games now will be Halo 3, Rock Band (if it actually makes it this side of christmas) and Guitar Hero 3, also with some various Wii games. Hopefully I'll get it from ebay in the future though.

Completley agree with you. How this gets 10/10 i dont know.

I think the bioshock bandwagon is that full, theres no more room on it.

Well, since you haven't played or finished the actual game, i doubt you would know.

The demo is shallow compared to what everyone has said about the AI and it's quite a small demo area wise imo. But the game is like 15 hours+ long so there's a gajilion over things in the actual game.