N-Europe

Mass Effect (2)

Daft

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I might get this...Looks pretty cool; The name's rubbish though.

The name Mass Effect comes from the "mass effect" engines/drives that all the races use in their ships...As to why they are called mass effect drives...I have no idea. :heh:

The name Mass Effect comes from the "mass effect" engines/drives that all the races use in their ships...As to why they are called mass effect drives...I have no idea. :heh:

Could it be that the engines behave like the main ship out of Futurama perhaps.

Mass Effect is actually a medical term, concerning the effect caused by a growing mass, or more specifically, a tumor.

For example, cancer of the thyroid gland can lead to a narrowing of the windpipe, due to the presence of the tumor, along with other symptoms. These symptoms are the mass effect.

As for the game, according to Wikipedia: "Project Manager Casey Hudson explained the term "mass effect" as follows:

Inside the game universe, mass effect is a newly discovered (for humans anyway) physics phenomenon that has properties along the lines of other physics forces such as gravity and electromagnetism. It's what physicists in real life are currently calling "dark energy," as an explanation for the accelerating expansion of the universe -- which has only recently been discovered and flies in the face of the previous notion that the universe's expansion should be slowing down because of gravity."

Mass Effect is actually a medical term, concerning the effect caused by a growing mass, or more specifically, a tumor.

For example, cancer of the thyroid gland can lead to a narrowing of the windpipe, due to the presence of the tumor, along with other symptoms. These symptoms are the mass effect.

As for the game, according to Wikipedia: "Project Manager Casey Hudson explained the term "mass effect" as follows:

Inside the game universe, mass effect is a newly discovered (for humans anyway) physics phenomenon that has properties along the lines of other physics forces such as gravity and electromagnetism. It's what physicists in real life are currently calling "dark energy," as an explanation for the accelerating expansion of the universe -- which has only recently been discovered and flies in the face of the previous notion that the universe's expansion should be slowing down because of gravity."

Fine! Stupid lame memory...:heh:

Its not as cool as the improbability drive from HGTTG!

And just because Saren is a bad ass!!

masseffect_48_1280x760.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the run up to the November release, key characters are going to be profiled:

Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, “Mass Effect” places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, “Mass Effect” challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land. “Mass Effect” is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story, where the real conflict between organic beings and artificial intelligence comes to life in startling clarity.

As we’re nearing the Nov. 20 launch date for “Mass Effect,” we’d like to offer you a glimpse into the personalities of several key characters that you can enjoy until you can get your hands on the game. Check out a new video profiling key characters that players will encounter in “Mass Effect,” such as the powerful Krogan battle master Urdnot Wrex, Alliance military Captain David Anderson, the Quarian nomad Tali’zorah Nar Ray Ya and the mysterious Turian Spectre Nihlus. All footage in the video is taken directly from the game, and you’ll get to see a sampling of scenes for each character that showcase their personality.

You can watch the video below!!

High Quality Video

Lower Quality Video

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

1188502009.jpg

I also just noticed Seth Green does the voice of the pilot bloke at the beginning of the video!!