NEurope

Well, you're in luck. Every smartphone and its mum has GPS and WiFi these days.

Did they add copy/paste feature? (i cba to watch a whole video on firmware)

Did they add copy/paste feature? (i cba to watch a whole video on firmware)

Its in the third paragraph...

The new functions include cut, copy and paste, long demanded by iPhone users, picture messaging and an in-phone search feature, but not Flash video.

Well they finally got MMS, now just bluetooth and it'll be as good as the phone I bought in 2003 :p

Although, as far as the Touch goes has it only got Spotlight? Because paying £7 to upgrade to that (and presumably you need this upgrade before any more updates) is shit.

I'm not interested in it as a phone thankfully, thats why i only want the Touch, so im not bothered about these little shortcomings. Sucks that you have to pay for an update if you wanted it though on the Touch.

Just wondering if someone can clear something up for me?

I've just been onto play.com and seen the LG Viewty Lite, which looks the same as the Viewty Smart (less features of course).

I'm just wondering if that is what the phone looks like or if they simply have the wrong image (should it be the older look?)

Thanks.

So the new iPhone...is it an absolute definite that one is going to be shown and therefore released in the next month or so? I just cancelled my order of one, because of being told about it. Really hope I haven't made a mistake doing so.

You've met Apple yes? When are they ever not going to go "hey ho, its another year and here's the same thing with slight improvements. £100 more? That'll do nicely."

You've met Apple yes? When are they ever not going to go "hey ho, its another year and here's the same thing with slight improvements. £100 more? That'll do nicely."

Hmm, you're probably right. If camera isn't improved/video recording isn't added I'll freaking implode. Thats the only reason I'm hanging on.

A bit random but does anyone know the best people to go with these days for PAYG?

A bit random but does anyone know the best people to go with these days for PAYG?

I stick with o2, 300 txt msgs a month + all my friends are on the same network = win

Vodafone. They're only charging 20p/minute for voice calls and 10p per text, regardless of the network the person you're calling is on. They're also doing 'Freedom Packs' where you can get £50 worth of calls/texts (100 mins, 300 texts) for £10 and they've dropped roaming charges throughout Europe for the whole summer.

Not certain that it's the best, but it seems to be a pretty competitive deal to me.

Will we will be seeing a big cut in the price of the current iphone as a result of the new one, noticed in US you can now get the old one for $99.

I've been thinking of cancelling my contract with t mobile as I annoyingly don't get a signal at work...and want an iphone.

O2 still got exclusivity?

So what's up and coming in the world of mobile phones? (Ignore my last question about PAYG, I got a job.) I'm going to need something fancy, with lots of minutes and texts and probably android and the internet and... all the awesome things. Wait for next iPhone? When we gonna see that, anyway?

The HTC Touch Pro 2, Nokia N97 and iPhone are probably the top of the pile at the moment. There's also the Touch Diamond 2 (pretty much the same as the Pro but minus the hardware keyboard) and Nokia 5800 (same story as the Diamond). Then you have the HTC Magic, which is the better of the two Android handsets on the market (although again it does lack hardware keys, worth baring in mind if you're after a device with them).

On the non-touchscreen front there's the Blackberry Bold and Nokia E71. Both are fantastic phones, very well built and pretty much equal. Read various comparisons on the two and nobody seems to be able to pick one of them as the overall winner.

If it were me i'd buy an iPhone, wait for a Prē or wait until the next Android device launches. You could grab a Nokia 5800 or E71 on PAYG (both around £180) along with a SIM Only 30-Day contract to tide you over in the mean-time.

Edited by McPhee

Regards to PAYG...ASDA or Ikea I reckon.

Edit: Didnt realise you no longer needed it, but will leave the links in post for others.

I'm quite interested in the Palm Pre, would like to try it out once its released in the UK.

Edited by Rowan

If it were me i'd buy an iPhone, wait for a Prē or wait until the next Android device launches. You could grab a Nokia 5800 or E71 on PAYG (both around £180) along with a SIM Only 30-Day contract to tide you over in the mean-time.
I think I will wait :) it's nice to grab something new as it means it won't look outdated too quickly. I don't really know anything about the Pre though.

So I bought an iPhone and have a couple of questions. I just synced/registered it with my iTunes on my new Mac Mini, but I don't plan on using it for my iPhone, I just got excited and connected it. So... in order to start using with my proper PC, I just download iTunes and... will that sort of... sync it and... how do I go about setting it as the main PC? Or am I missing how this is done? I've never had an iPod and used iTunes for this sort of thing.

If I get through the above, then will Windows still import the images from it in a decent fashion?

You bought an iPhone? You're aware a new one comes out on Friday, right?

I imagine if you just plug it into your PC and open iTunes then authorise iTunes on your PC and resync it will be fine.

Yeah but it's on pay-as-you-go, costing an extra £100. For... the compass (which once apps make use of I'm sure it will be cool - life sized hide and seek with random people!), it being faster and more space. The more space is the only part that makes it more worth it, but still not quite.

Seriously mate, take it back. The new one has:

Faster CPU, GPU and twice the RAM. This might not sound much, but the iPhone will run so fast and there are going to be apps which will only work on the 3G S coming out.

Compass, good for Google maps.

Voice control, not bad I guess.

Much better battery life, trust me this is worth it on it's own.

3MP Camera and video recording, judging from the test shots and footage floating about. The camera is a very high quality.

Anti Fingerprint Screen, again very handy.