NEurope

I really, really, can't afford the new one. I just spent like... £700 on other Apple products yesterday. I know it will be better in the long run, but I literally won't get that extra £100 until the end of September.

When I do have more money I may think about selling it and getting the newer version. Or just wait until the next version, and get the S. Always one step behind but saving my money.

Not had much of a play, currently syncing all my music to it and cant use it and sync at the same time :p synced my windows contacts easily and wrote a text though, browsing the internet was so much faster than it was on my ipod touch but I don't know how it compared to the previous iPhone. Booted very quickly, looks great, packaging is neat... just downloaded Skype app for it. I've got a few games and apps that I'll have a play with later. Not got much else to say yet :heh:

The camera is actually really nice. For a camera without a flash, it took really clear indoor pictures. Tap to focus actually works, even used it to make a macro-ish shot of a little figurine on my desk. And when I took the picture it added my current location to it :) very clever (although probably not new).

Can't seem to find it here but you said you found the iPhone predictive text to be great (or words to that affect)? Personally I find it shit. By the end of my two week holiday I wanted to throw my Touch out the window. Each their own. Wanted to get that off my chest but didn't want the hassle of typing on my Touch when I originally saw it :p

Can't seem to find it here but you said you found the iPhone predictive text to be great (or words to that affect)? Personally I find it shit. By the end of my two week holiday I wanted to throw my Touch out the window. Each their own. Wanted to get that off my chest but didn't want the hassle of typing on my Touch when I originally saw it :p
I find I can type on it really fast, although it can be annoying when it tries to fix a word and gets it wrong, the best bet to solve that is just to use the backspace button and then put the last letter in again - which is about the same number of button presses it would be on a t9 phone to cycle the options.

Woo, iPhone get! It's awesome, cant believe how fast the Internet is on it!

I find I can type on it really fast, although it can be annoying when it tries to fix a word and gets it wrong, the best bet to solve that is just to use the backspace button and then put the last letter in again - which is about the same number of button presses it would be on a t9 phone to cycle the options.

Yeah but there's something more condescending about it on the iPhone.

Right guys, I need a lil assistance.

Basically I want a P&G phone because I'm on an o2 simplicity contract.

Budget is £150-£170.

I don't mind touchscreens - but I'm concerned for that kind of money its really gonna be a crap one.

and I'd like a decent 3.2mp camera.

Looking at the Samsung Tocco Lite and t700 Red Gold.

Open to suggestions for other phones though. I'm having major problems finding decent mid range phones at the mo.. There really just mustn't be a market for it these days :(

i would stay away from Touchscreens at that price. Just get a nice Nokia or something.

The Nokia 5800 has hit that price point a few times. Same goes for the E71, Both cracking phones, best ones Nokia has put out since the N95. Might be worth looking at 2nd hand though, you'd be suprised what you can pick up sub-£200 on AVForums or What Mobile. Seen mint condition Blackberry Storms, Xperia X1s, Touch HDs and T-Mobile G1s all go at bargain prices!

Hey folks, i'm after a pay monthly phone for uni for about £15 [EDIT: possibly up to £20], but i don't really have a clue what to get or who to go with (there's sooo many!).

While looking on phones 4 u i found these:

1) Samsung Tocco - 100 mins, 3000 text (o2) - £15

2) LG KC780 Reina - 100 mins, 3000 text (o2/Orange)

3) Nokia 5800, 100 mins, 3000 text + £30 for the phone (orange) - £15

However then i looked towards the 3 site. I've heard the odd bad thing about 3, but i don't really know. Anyway for £15 you'd get 75 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited mobile internet and a free phone which are either:

Inq1 - I've never heard of it, but after reading around it seems to have recieved good reviews. The features seem like something i would use rather than a fancy 8mp camera, which on paper sounds good to have, but doesn't offer much to me in the real life.

Nokia E63

Could anyone help me choose/give advice on other offers please? :yay:

-------------------------

£20 contracts (with 3) - 200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited interwebs.

Nokia E71

Sony Ericsson C903

Nokia 6700

Samsung Tocco

Edited by Strider

I've got the Tocco and I personally enjoy it. A few niggles but every phone has that (even the iPhone :p). Although those are 2 year contracts...dunno how you feel about that of course but possibly something to keep in mind?

I was talking to someone about this the other day, if I didn't want a iPhone I would defiantly get the Nokia 6700 Classic on £20 a month from 3. It's a really nice handset and a cheap contract, all these cheap touchscreen phones are shite in my opinion.

I was talking to someone about this the other day, if I didn't want a iPhone I would defiantly get the Nokia 6700 Classic on £20 a month from 3. It's a really nice handset and a cheap contract, all these cheap touchscreen phones are shite in my opinion.

After talking to my brother who works at PC World, he has offer codes to get 30% off the contracts from O2. Iphone 3G 8GB, 600 mins, 500 texts, unlimited internet = £24.50, that'll do. Time to sell the touch.

Cheers anyway.

Just wanted to say, I'm really loving the iPhone 3GS. The other day I pressed voice activation for the first time in the car, I told it to "Play playist: five stars" and yknow what... it did :D Was well impressed, considering I hadn't even had to record or train it to my voice. Also used the GPS to find my way to Oxford Road in Manchester, bought the Ocarina app which is... boring. Bought Sonic, Peggle and a couple of other apps, watch Top Gear on my breaks at work as well as browsing the net in Tesco's car park and checking my emails. Taken some surprisingly good pictures... it's just all good :) And the battery tends to easily last me all weekend (I plug it in most of the day while I'm at work). The compass is very neat too, helps when walking around looking for something in Sattelite image mode on the map.

Just wanted to say, I'm really loving the iPhone 3GS. The other day I pressed voice activation for the first time in the car, I told it to "Play playist: five stars" and yknow what... it did :D Was well impressed, considering I hadn't even had to record or train it to my voice. Also used the GPS to find my way to Oxford Road in Manchester, bought the Ocarina app which is... boring. Bought Sonic, Peggle and a couple of other apps, watch Top Gear on my breaks at work as well as browsing the net in Tesco's car park and checking my emails. Taken some surprisingly good pictures... it's just all good :) And the battery tends to easily last me all weekend (I plug it in most of the day while I'm at work). The compass is very neat too, helps when walking around looking for something in Sattelite image mode on the map.

This is how I felt when first getting an iPhone. It's just cool being able to do all this stuff wherever you are. I really couldn't do without one anymore :p

This is how I felt when first getting an iPhone. It's just cool being able to do all this stuff wherever you are. I really couldn't do without one anymore :p

*jealous* but the iphone is just sooooo damn expensive. I can't justify spending £801.66 over 18 months on a phone. Although you can get £60 cashback for buying online, which eases the pain, but not enough.

I have promised myself if I get a new job then I get my self an iphone.

Yeah they are expensive, but for me it has totally been worth getting one. Looking back it was daft getting the original one for so much money, but the ones now are much better value.

*jealous* but the iphone is just sooooo damn expensive. I can't justify spending £801.66 over 18 months on a phone. Although you can get £60 cashback for buying online, which eases the pain, but not enough.

I have promised myself if I get a new job then I get my self an iphone.

Dunno where you're doing your math but mine will be about £540 for 18 months, plus the handset only brings it to £720. It's a lot of money but it's for a long time... if you add it all up any amount sound expensive. A basic £15/mo contract will cost you £270 for the same amount of months, and that probably wont come with unlimited internet.

Dunno where you're doing your math but mine will be about £540 for 18 months, plus the handset only brings it to £720. It's a lot of money but it's for a long time... if you add it all up any amount sound expensive. A basic £15/mo contract will cost you £270 for the same amount of months, and that probably wont come with unlimited internet.

The 3GS @ £34.26 a month (18 months) + £274.23 for the phone (from o2's website) adds up to £904. The £30 a month tariff for only 75 mins 125 texts is awfully bad so I wouldn't even look at that as I send over 4 texts a day therefore would be getting charged for going over the allowance.

The other maths was from moneysavingexpert, i believe the cheapest deal is by signing up to the £45 a month contract then downgrading after 9 months. Check that website for the details

The 3GS @ £34.26 a month (18 months) + £274.23 for the phone (from o2's website) adds up to £904. The £30 a month tariff for only 75 mins 125 texts is awfully bad so I wouldn't even look at that as I send over 4 texts a day therefore would be getting charged for going over the allowance.

I have the £30/mo contract. I would send over 4 texts a day if it wasn't for the fact it has free internet and I can just get in touch with people by email/IM. Actually, I probably wouldn't anyway.... Also I paid £180 for my iPhone not £274!! And I fit my entire music collection and some episodes of Top Gear on it. 16GB is a ridiculous amount for a phone, never mind 32.

I have the £30/mo contract. I would send over 4 texts a day if it wasn't for the fact it has free internet and I can just get in touch with people by email/IM. Actually, I probably wouldn't anyway.... Also I paid £180 for my iPhone not £274!! And I fit my entire music collection and some episodes of Top Gear on it. 16GB is a ridiculous amount for a phone, never mind 32.

Have you got the 3G or 3GS?