NEurope

LG have been doing the touch screen thing for ages, they aren't jumping on the band wagon. Same goes for Sony Ericsson, the P-Series have had touch screens for years!

If you want people who are jumping on the touch screen band-wagon then try Siemens, Motorolla and all the other manufacturers that don't do high end phones. Touch screens are only new in the low-end cheap crap that these guys churn out.

I must say having hated the look of the N95, the N96 looks like a vast improvement in the ascetic sense. On the other hand the LG secret seems awful, they just seem to be jumping on the touch-screen ban-wagon without investing a good amount of time to perfect it, and it seems quite clunkly.

Not in the slightest. It's an excellent touchscreen, I have no idea where you got that idea from. Clunky? How so..it's not clunky in the slightest. I'm holding one in my hand now and it's anything but clunky. One more thing, the battery life is rather excellent too.

Don't go for the Tocco Ashley, apparently the video is terrible.

Thanks.

Im going to wait until they get in touch with me about it anyway. Contract is due to expire August 4th. I really want the Sony Ericsson X1 so I may just wait for that...just wish I could find a date. Or the Samsung Omnia, that looks alright.

According to Sony's fiscal thingy they put up last week, the Xperia is due out Mid-Sept.

I dunno who in the UK is going to pick it up... and i get the feeling its not going to be cheap.

No neither do I. I'll play wait and see. Frankly, I don't need a new phone other than mine's battery life is a bit hit and miss at present.

But the X1 reminds me of the Sidekick and I'm that much of a geek.

The X1 looks like its going to be fantastic phone, but the price may stop me from buying one. I honestly couldn't afford it if they were asking several hundred pounds for one.

I have an 18 month contract with o2, they better get this damn thing...

I did have the iPhone but i didn't like it, so it's gone. Can't decide whether to get the SE c902 or just get a cheapish phone until the 8 megapicel c905 comes out in October.

Well I've finally upgraded went for the LG Viewty...did it online...one question I have am on T-Mobile, when do they charge me for the phone? Had to pay £20...does it come out with my next direct debit on the 20th of the month?

EDIT;

Actually rang them to ask this and the bloke cancelled the order and redid it so I get it for free....nice guy!

So I broke my phone and O2 are doing sod all about it really. Im on simplicity and they offered me to switch to contract and get the same amount of minutes and texts for £10 more a month (£25). If I had been on PAYG and paying £15/month I would have got discount off a handset. As it is I get neither which is pretty annoying. So I think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and cancel my contract. Hopefully they'll offer me something nice then but if not I'll switch.

So I've been looking at Virgin mobile. Either the Samsung G600 or Tocco. Doing the math for 18 months the G600 will cost £324 and the Tocco will cost £444...which I think has made my decision for me really. The only advantage Tocco has is its internet abilities and I doubt I'd use them anyway due to the cost of doing so.

Anyone on Virgin mobile pay monthly? Used to have a PAYG years ago. Just wondering what they're like as a company.

i'm getting really annoyed with my phone, which is annoying as i was really excitied baout it when i got it. It's the Sony Ericsson w960i.

Yes, the 8gb memory is good, and i think SE make very user friendly menus etc. But, the touch screen isn't very good, the screen is fantastic in the right light, but most of the time it's not good at all, and the complete lack of joystick is a really pain, as often (eg walking) you can't tap the screen with the accuracy required.

Plus, for a pretty expensive/high end phone it feels really cheap. It looks really slick and high quality but in reality it feels just about the cheapest phone i've ever had. It all creaks and squeaks.

Not sure what the solution is though, as i'm only 8 months into an 18 month contract. I'm planning on calling o2 and making upset noises at them and seeing if there's anyway (aside from taking out a second contract) I can get them to give/sell me an iphone instead. Not really expecting any joy though.

i'm getting really annoyed with my phone, which is annoying as i was really excitied baout it when i got it. It's the Sony Ericsson w960i.

Yes, the 8gb memory is good, and i think SE make very user friendly menus etc. But, the touch screen isn't very good, the screen is fantastic in the right light, but most of the time it's not good at all, and the complete lack of joystick is a really pain, as often (eg walking) you can't tap the screen with the accuracy required.

Plus, for a pretty expensive/high end phone it feels really cheap. It looks really slick and high quality but in reality it feels just about the cheapest phone i've ever had. It all creaks and squeaks.

Not sure what the solution is though, as i'm only 8 months into an 18 month contract. I'm planning on calling o2 and making upset noises at them and seeing if there's anyway (aside from taking out a second contract) I can get them to give/sell me an iphone instead. Not really expecting any joy though.

Good luck sir!

I hate phone companies, they're all bastards! The iPhone has some heft to it, it feels solid. Phones like the LG viewty feel a little cheap, and the touchscreen seem to be more annoying than practical.

I find it bizzare how some that have touchscreens have the same menu systems as their non-touch counterparts.

I think within 9 months of your contract you can reduce it I can't remember how but its either

* down one 'band' (ie from 35/month to 30/month) every month

* or down to the lowest possible

Presume its the first. I'd imagine that's probably all they'll say. But good luck :)

Speaking about menu's, the interface for the samsung f490 is shit.

I mean, you can get it working ok if you use the pen, same with texting, but if you use your finger there's no chance :/

Got used to it now though, and I love the phone ^_^

no joy from o2. My only option is a second contract. I guess i'd better just start to like my phone again!

no joy from o2. My only option is a second contract. I guess i'd better just start to like my phone again!

You could buy a PAYG phone from O2 and use that or buy one from eBay and then unlock it. You'd also be able to sell your other phone to offlay some of the cost of buying a new one. You'd be able to carry on using your O2 contract too.

Tom I did definatly see today that after nine months you can reduce your O2 tariff by one tariff per month. Which I know isn't a great help but maybe a lil help?

Went for the Tocco in the end. Found a good deal (whereby it basically ends up at £17/month). Had a play with it in Phones4U, is kinda like an iPhone Jr. Now just gotta wait for Phones4U to get more in stock >_<

And while im waiting for the Tocco considering bluetooth headphones. Just wondering, and it may be an obvious question, will a phone just be able to sync up with them or would you need to plug in the adaptor thing that comes with most sets? Or is that just for people wanting to plug it into an mp3 player?

i have managed to work things out so i can iphone.

i am in tech love. its wonderfull in everyway :)

i have managed to work things out so i can iphone.

i am in tech love. its wonderfull in everyway :)

QFT ^_^

It's a great great great phone, but it has a couple of issues, like it's instability under 2.0.1, infrequently annoying when it happens. However, it's a small price to pay for native apps :D

QFT ^_^

It's a great great great phone, but it has a couple of issues, like it's instability under 2.0.1, infrequently annoying when it happens. However, it's a small price to pay for native apps :D

i was literally just about to update when i read that. would you advise against updating?

i think i am finlly understanding why peopole feel so emotionally attatched to apple products, everything is so perfect. the box the phone came in was a perfect and anal at the wii box!

I just wish i liked itunes