NEurope

Does anyone know how I can get my old Google Calendar entries to appear on the Calendar iPhone App?

I've gone through Google Sync and any new entries to my Calendar or Contacts work fine (from either the iPhone or a computer), but the old entries to my calendar don't appear on the iPhone.

When a contract expires (with O2 through Phones4U particularly) do I have to contact them or will they contact me? Mine expires on the 18th of this month...what happens then?

When a contract expires (with O2 through Phones4U particularly) do I have to contact them or will they contact me? Mine expires on the 18th of this month...what happens then?

With Orange at least (and presumably O2) you're still on the same rate per month, but you can change network free of charge - the contract is purely to keep you on that rate for that amount of time. Unless you contact them, they'll keep charging you the same per month, and you'll get the same minutes/messages/internet per month.

They may contact you offering a handset upgrade, but if you want to update/change as soon as possible, contact them.

Okay cool. I'll leave it til closer to the day as hopefully I should have a job by then and thus know some kind of budget.

Cheers :)

Okay cool. I'll leave it til closer to the day as hopefully I should have a job by then and thus know some kind of budget.

Cheers :)

You can let it go on continuously, they can't "renew" the contract (aka forcing you into another 18-month term or whatever) without your say so.. it'll just run on with the same cost/tariff. They may contact you themselves (I know 3 does) or they may just let it stand. They don't cancel it outright because...well...why would they if they are still getting money from you? :heh:

Just let it stand until you feel ready or can afford to change or upgrade! :smile:

can anyone help me? Im gonna get a Pay&Go iPhone 3GS (expensive, i know) and put get an O2 simplicity sim for it. the only thing i unsure about is the free Bolt-on with the Simplicity. Will the P&G iPhone have unlimted internet for the 1st year meaing i can get a bolt-on such as unlimited landline calls or would i have to get the unlimited internet Bolt-on with the Simplicity plan? hope that makes sense and someone can help.

I'm confused. I recently got a Pay and Go iPhone, too. I got, and I'm sure it's for all types of iPhones, a year's free internet and access to O2 and Partners wi-fi (such as BTOpenZone). I also, however, still get my Bolt-ons that I used to have, which for my is 300 free texts a month when I top-up £10.

So... I think your answer is... uh... yeah it's fine.

can anyone help me? Im gonna get a Pay&Go iPhone 3GS (expensive, i know) and put get an O2 simplicity sim for it. the only thing i unsure about is the free Bolt-on with the Simplicity. Will the P&G iPhone have unlimted internet for the 1st year meaing i can get a bolt-on such as unlimited landline calls or would i have to get the unlimited internet Bolt-on with the Simplicity plan? hope that makes sense and someone can help.

The only place you might get a remotely useful answer is O2 themselves - give 'em a call!

I'm nearly sure that they are tied to the simcard provided with the Pay&Go model. I was gonna go down this route and you have to purchase it with whatever sim card you are using.

Worth ringing and speaking to O2 and see if they can do you a deal. Try using O2s twitter(if you have twitter yourself), there has been a lot of praise from the customer service from there lately.

The 1 year free wifi bolt on that comes with the iPhone is locked to the sim card that comes with the phone. If you use another one you cannot get the free wifi.

My girlfriend had my old iPhone and got a years free unlimited data, and also picked a Bolt-on. She has unlimited O2 texts. Probably best to go into a shop and explain what you want and they should sort you right out.

So, I am getting an Iphone 3GS 32gb tomorrow for my birthday (Turning 20 :cry: ), and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a case for it?

Just there is no accidental cover on it, so if i drop it and it breaks o2 won't replace it.

Was thinking about this one;

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/10074526/SwitchEasy-RebelSerpent-Case-For-iPhone-3G-S-3G/Product.html

Looks nice, and seems to get the job done.

So, I am getting an Iphone 3GS 32gb tomorrow for my birthday (Turning 20 :cry: ), and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a case for it?

Just there is no accidental cover on it, so if i drop it and it breaks o2 won't replace it.

Was thinking about this one;

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/10074526/SwitchEasy-RebelSerpent-Case-For-iPhone-3G-S-3G/Product.html

Looks nice, and seems to get the job done.

I have an iFrogz electric blue "soft touch" case, I love it I got it from Amazon

EDIT:

Heres the link, very nice price, they have a range of funky colours too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iFrogz-iPhone-Soft-Touch-Case/dp/B001CL9M7S/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251163327&sr=8-6

Edited by Ash

Hi Everyone..

I want to buy a mobile But I am confuse with 2 mobile.

I like HTC Touch pro and iphone. So Which one is better for me?

Thanks for any advise.

I work for o2 at their glasgow call centre so if you guys have any questions then just fire away.

thydipptimon it all depends on what you want from a phone but before you make a decision have you looked into the Nokia N97?

Edited by Sooj

I work for o2 at their glasgow call centre so if you guys have any questions then just fire away.

thydipptimon it all depends on what you want from a phone but before you make a decision have you looked into the Nokia N97?

When is the Palm Pre getting released? And how much will it be?

Also is there a way of upgrading to an iPhone? Last time I upgraded my phone with O2 (PAYG) they give so much off the cost of the handset. Alternatively is there any way of getting it cheaper than the advertised prices? Can I ring you up and you can pretend to have an unsatisfied customer who you have to give a great deal on an iphone?

Edited by fex

When is the Palm Pre getting released? And how much will it be?

I can't say because even we don't know yet. I'd guess by Q1 2010

Also is there a way of upgrading to an iPhone? Last time I upgraded my phone with O2 (PAYG) they give so much off the cost of the handset. Alternatively is there any way of getting it cheaper than the advertised prices?

Yeah you can upgrade to an iphone but when it comes to prices, its unlikely that you will recieve a discount on the initial cost of the phone. Its an iphone and because its selling so well o2 aren't in any rush to give any extra discount/incentive, doesn't matter how long you've been with o2 for. But then, I'm generalising, best thing to do is to phone through about pricing but don't hold your breath.

Hi Everyone..

I want to buy a mobile But I am confuse with 2 mobile.

I like HTC Touch pro and iphone. So Which one is better for me?

Thanks for any advise.

Screw the Touch Pro, with HTC the Hero is the way to go. Android is awesome.

I don't know if you already know flex but I just got word that the palm pre is to be released on the 16th of october 2009

It will cost £96.89 on a 18month £35 tariff. It will be free on £45+ 18 month tariff. It will be free on a £35 24 month tariff +.

I'm thinking of getting a new phone. I've seen a HTC Magic (Android) with Vodafone (100 minutes, 500 texts...should be more than enough) and unlimited internet (this is what I'm interested in) for £25 a month for 24 months.

I personally like the sound of it, and coverage is apparently good for where I want to be. Any advice (I've never had a contract phone before)?

You can get the hero for similar. Similar innards, but still, it's newer and all that. Oh, and it has the fancy new user interface, sense.

http://www.buymobilephones.net

Look up T-Mobile G2 Touch Black or HTC hero.

Hero doesn't seem to have the internet bundled in, but the G2 Touch looks good. More minutes/texts and 3GB Internet (It would be hard to go over this on a phone, right?) for the same price.

The Hero and the G2 are the same phone, but from different providers.

With the Hero you need to click on the "Internet Deals" tab. The Hero is with Orange where you'll get 500mb. You'd struggle to hit that, nevermind 3GB

Aaaaand, get cashback from quidco for that site too. I think it's something like £20-£30, basically a month free.