N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man U were the first team I supported, but then I changed to Arsenal.

I will never take any posts you make in this topic seriously.

You commited footballs cardinal sin.

---

Great goal by Scholes tonight. Though I was hoping Thierry would ruin your celebrations. :P Please don't let Chelsea win it.

Ended up watching the match in walkabout on charing cross road. My uncle who has a season ticket failed to persuade his mate to give me his ticket. haha

Anyway walkabout was ok, big pull down screen and all that. By the time the match came on I was quite drunk but man a great performance. Great goal by Scholesy, spilt my beer everywhere when that went in.

Barca were good but just didnt have any end product. Think we battled well all over the pitch and my word Wes Brown had a great night for once.

Didn't think 1-0 would be enough but it was! Well done boys!

As for the final think I would rather face Chelsea. :)

does anyone remember the question and answers for the itv competition to get tickets to the final, you can enter online but it just says whats the answer for the question on the show.

http://www.itv.com/Sport/football/ChampionsLeague/Competition/default.html

If you get a ticket, good luck with the visa. They cost like £100 and can take ages to get. :)

Hence why the clubs have started to take orders even though the final teams aren't confirmed.

Erm... definitely D. :smile::heh:

It is more a raffle than a competition, but the chances are so slim. Still thought about entering, but I guess its a lot of money to pay for to get to Moscow, and if MU lost it would be such a huge disappointment. You could argue either way though.

Barcelona passed the ball very well last night. best I have seen them pass the ball in weeks. Arsenal are the only team in England who would actually have the balls to play barcelona in an open game. Man Utd played how liverpool or chelsea would play against Barca.

All credit for to Utd for getting to the final but I was expecting more than that at home. Zambrotta's fault and last night he was poor like he has been all season.

Guest Stefkov
In my eyes you are still a Man Utd supporter. Pick a team and you stay with it until you die. Them be footballing rules round 'ere.

Exactly. I've been a United fan all my life, I never plan on changing.

I do like to support lower teams though.

I like Fulham so if they do get relegated then I can support them being in a lower league and all.

Barcelona passed the ball very well last night. best I have seen them pass the ball in weeks. Arsenal are the only team in England who would actually have the balls to play barcelona in an open game. Man Utd played how liverpool or chelsea would play against Barca.

To be fair, when we played them in an open game, we lost the biggest match in the clubs history.

Though to be fair Barcelona were shit hot that season, Ronaldinho and Eto'o both in top form.

All credit for to Utd for getting to the final but I was expecting more than that at home. Zambrotta's fault and last night he was poor like he has been all season.

I agree with lots of this. I think Zambrotta has been rubbish since going to Barca but particularly this season. I thought Abidal was useless last night too, but maybe you like him since you are French? ...but equally you could hate him seeing as you support Marseille and he's from Lyon...? Man Utd were very negative last night, I thought that they would have taken the game to Barca alot more, but they were happy to sit back and just wait it out.

I hope Liverpool win it tonight (they better!) and I want the winner of this semi to win the final.

If we (Liverpool) make it to the final my house is going to be very tense on final night. Im a huge liverpool fan (and iv dragged my nearly 2 year old son into the fold aswell) and me and my kid both have our liverpool shirts ready, he stays up late and watches the game with me BUT my GF supports Man U.

BBQ time if thats the final i think.

Congrats to Man Utd, thought they deserved it over the two legs. Barca don't appear to have the quality and desire they have had over the last few seasons, especially in the final third. Zambrotta was poor, as was Abidal, who when ever I have seen him has been useless, even as far back as the 2006 World Cup.

And come on Liverpool tonight!

Well played united, ive never seen a team have so much possession and create so little. How many teams get 58% possesion at old trafford. I cant think of a single other team,yet they never really looked like scoring. Tevez was excellent, pleased Scholes scored fitting that he'll get to play in a final really.

Thing I like about teams like Arsenal, Barca and Real Madrid is they have a set way of playing which is very nice to watch. It has to be attractive attacking football no matter who the opposition is. Barca will always play 4-3-3 no matter if they are home or away. Its interesting hearing the rumours about Jose going to Barca or Real Madrid as he will have to play attractive football as winning is not enough.

Darksnowman - Yeah Abidal has been average also. He was excellent at Lyon but things just not working it out for him at Barca. Maybe he needs a 12 months to settle in Spain etc.

Darksnowman - Yeah Abidal has been average also. He was excellent at Lyon but things just not working it out for him at Barca. Maybe he needs a 12 months to settle in Spain etc.

I can't actually remember Abidal ever playing well. He doesn't really fit in with Barca's playing style, he's not a fast player. McFadden had his number when Scotland played France.

Can't wait for tonights game, so nervous right now though. I'm not sure can we win it, Liverpool are pretty bad at chasing leads but hopefully we can power through, specially if that man Torres is on form tonight.

I predict a draw at 1-1 which we eventually win on penalties.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!