Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That challenge on Scott Brown tonight was absolutley horrific. It easily could've broken his leg and I'm actually very surprised that it didn't. That guy should be banned for a good deal of time. Seriously shocking that someone can do that in top-level football.

That challenge on Scott Brown tonight was absolutley horrific. It easily could've broken his leg and I'm actually very surprised that it didn't. That guy should be banned for a good deal of time. Seriously shocking that someone can do that in top-level football.

I was amazed that he was able to get up and walk off. It reminded me of that challenge on Cisse a few years ago when he broke his leg the first time. After the first time I saw that challenge I felt physically sick. Browns obviously wasn't as bad, but it was the same type of challenge.

I'm not disputing that fact at all, but conceding 8 goals?? At the top inter-league competition? This is the premier club tournament in the world not the FA cup(or similar in other countries) where minnows get a chance

It happens, doesn't mean they suck (completely :P).

it happened to roma last season a united.

roma are a pretty good team.

sometimes teams just have bad nights whilst others have amazing nights, where everything goes right for them thus resulting in a freak result like liverpool last night or the chelsea-city game in the premier league the other week.

it happened to roma last season a united.

roma are a pretty good team.

sometimes teams just have bad nights whilst others have amazing nights, where everything goes right for them thus resulting in a freak result like liverpool last night or the chelsea-city game in the premier league the other week.

Basically shows how shocking they are by Champions League standards, Liverpool should have beaten them away blindfolded. While the players can pull out a great performance when it's do or die, Rafa can't motivate them day in, day out, to beat poor teams with the level of consistancy needed to challenge for the title. Which is why todays Liverpool are a cup team. Of course the fact he puts his twiddly rotation strategy on hold for the make or break games helps as well.

top 2 sides from England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Netherlands should be in the Champions League. That's it.

I'm pretty sure Celtic and Rangers could beat the top two teams from the Netherlands and quite possibly Germany on a consistant basis. Not to mention the games they have played in recent years against the likes of AC Milan and Barcalona. In the past five years Celtic have beaten Barca twice out of 4, I believe.

Yeah I left out top two teams from Scotland by accident actually.

I think there should be 16 teams from across Europe in the Champions League. So add to my list Scotland and Portugal possibly.

Round of 16 > Quarter Finals > Semi Finals > Final

Good result for us tonight. 4-0, with Tevez and Rooney getting a slice of the goals. Also was very satisfying to see Arsenal draw 0-0. Mwhahahha.

I don't understand why you are very satisfied in us drawing? :wtf:

It was a piss poor game but ultimately, we got through the group stage, and thats all that counts. I don't think it was satisfying for any football fan. The match was extremely poor but who gives a shit? We got through. I am satisfied also.

wooohooo, just about to set off and watch Sheffield United U19's VS Sau Paulo and then Sheffield FC VS Inter Milan, all as part of Sheffield FC's 150th Birthday, they are officially the oldest club in the world having written the original rules from which the current game is now based on.

I don't understand why you are very satisfied in us drawing? :wtf:

It was a piss poor game but ultimately, we got through the group stage, and thats all that counts. I don't think it was satisfying for any football fan. The match was extremely poor but who gives a shit? We got through. I am satisfied also.

Any match where Arsenal don't win is a satisfying result for a Man United fan, that includes 0-0 draws.

They were always going through, that was inevitable. :p

7 subs to sit on the bench in the Premiership?

I think it's a good idea and will bring it in line with most of europe/the world and internationals.

Fergie and Ramos are going for it but need 14 clubs to agree before the FA even consider it.