N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had no idea. I knew he moved to an English club, but didn't realise it was Leeds, and that he was captain.

A good player, excellent crosser and free kick taker. Bit lacking in pace though.

Does he play Central or on the Wing for you? I seem to remember him always moaning about having to play Wingback for us in a 3-5-2.

He plays in the centre for us! He's a bit too old to be running up and down the wings now!! He's managed to knock in a free kick already this season.

He's injured at the moment but will be taking over from Gus Poyet as assistant manager for tomorrow's game against Millwall!

Ah yeah. Our old formation he was placed to basically play a full back and a winger at the same time, but he had no pace so it never happened. Luckily our Right Wing back Didier Agathe, while not being the most gifted player of all time, ran his socks off every game. One of the paciest players in the league at the time, he played both positions, letting one of the 3 centre backs drift into a left full back position. Really lopsided but seemed to work, somehow.

Juande Ramos has resigned as Sevilla coach and seems set to become Tottenham manager following Martin Jol's sacking.

Without mentioning Tottenham by name, the 53-year-old Ramos told his personal website: "For my family and career it is impossible not to leave for London."

What a shock, I would never have seen this coming. :indeed:

just about to set off to go to Harrogate Railway VS Harrogate Town in the FA Cup, used to play for Harrogate Town youth team so be supporting them, has really got the town going all for a place in the 1st round proper, then mad dash home for pompey-west ham.

2-0 to Leeds vs Millwall now. Forest also losing so we're in the play-offs :D

Crowd trouble before the game - Millwall thugs smashing the windows of their own buses to goad the Leeds fans.

MOT!!

Edit: 4-0 now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: 4-1

Leeds beat Millwall 4-2 - takes our unbeaten run to 11 wins and 2 draws :D

We also drew Hereford away in the unfamiliar FA Cup 1st round...

FA Cup first round draw:

Darlington v Northampton

Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge

Torquay v Yeovil

Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers

Bury v Workington

Barnet v Gillingham

Accrington Stanley v Huddersfield

Farsley Celtic or Barrow v Bournemouth

Eastleigh or Forest Green v Rotherham

Southend v Rochdale

Team Bath v Chasetown

Bradford City v Chester City

Morecambe v Port Vale

Hereford v Leeds

Mansfield v Grays Athletic or Lewes

Gainsborough Trinity v Hartlepool

Exeter v Salisbury or Stevenage

Oldham Athletic v Doncaster Rovers

Peterborough v Wrexham

Evesham or Halifax v Burton Albion

York City v Havant & Waterlooville

Harrogate Railway v Droylsden

Rushden & Diamonds v Macclesfield

Ware v Kidderminster

Walsall v Shrewsbury

Horsham v Maidenhead United

Altrincham v Millwall

Cheltenham Town v Brighton

Stockport v Staines Town

Crewe v MK Dons

Lincoln City v Nottingham Forest

Stafford or Cambridge v Crawley or Aldershot

Notts County v Histon

Oxford United v Northwich Victoria

Billericay Town v Swansea City

Carlisle United v Grimsby Town

Eastbourne Borough v Weymouth or Hitchin

Chesterfield v Tranmere Rovers

Wycombe v Swindon

Luton v Brentford

Ties to be played on the weekend of 10th/11th November.

Arsenal played a great game at Anfield this afternoon. In fairness, I expected them to thrash Liverpool but that rocket of a free kick gave us something to protect. Twas a really good and open game and I'm glad Liverpool held on and got a point- though all three would obviously have been ideal!

Frustrating game. Eboue was pure shit, he has been since coming back into the team. Should've been subbed before half time and told not to come back to training unless he's going to actually put a ****ing foot in. At least five times he bottled tackles, his play acting is getting on my nerves and his over all crapness. Adebayor also had a poor one, didn't really want it. At least the back four, Hleb, Cesc and Flaminator wanted it. Bendtner and Theo were impressive when they came on, but Gilberto looked poor. Dispressing considering he had the best season he's ever had last year.

In the end I'd settle for a draw, but we could've won.

Urgh, that's 2 points lost for Arsenal and 1 gained for Liverpool imo..... Arsenal really should have won. Bendtner and Fabre both should have scored open goals.... I mean it came to the fast but both should have controlled it......

Other then that the refs were SHIT. Once again Liverpool get away with way too much. /sigh

I disagree about Gilberto, although he started off slowly because he needed to get into the pace of the game he was WAY more assured than Flamini who was clumsy today when he came on into central midfield.

The Flaminator was awesome, he's been solid all season. Gilberto is the one who was clumsy with a lot of stray passes.

It seems Gilberto has really lost confidence this season, which is a shame, because he was awesome last season. He's probably upset still at not getting the captaincy and now struggling to make the starting 11 due to the amazing recent form of Flamini.