N-Europe

The Butterfly Effect

Slaggis

I just watched this on channel 4. It was amazing!! Everything about it was good, the acting, the effects, the story, the idea and the ending.

Its one of the best movies I've ever seen. I heard theres a straight to DVD sequal thats shite so I wont bother watching that because I don't want to ruin this movie.

Anyone else see it?

Guest Stefkov

I've seen it before, the one with Ashton Kutcher?

There's two endings to the movie.

One is Him going into the womb and I forget the other one. Only saw it once.

Really good movie though.

I've seen it before, the one with Ashton Kutcher?

There's two endings to the movie.

One is Him going into the womb and I forget the other one. Only saw it once.

Really good movie though.

yeh they filmed 2 endings, the one shown on tv and in the cinema was

The other ending is where its basically the same as above except the both turn round and talk.

Just saw this again tonight. I remember being dragged to the cinema to see it and it was just AWESOME! This is definitly one of my favourite films ever...and the ending with Oasis playing...Effing brilliant!!

rofl word, even though i could tell this flick was trying to be serious and depressing it just made me laugh my ass off... the bit where that dog is rollin about in the bag, i mean man that looked so fake...

great concept, poorly executed... its a ok flick, to call it the best film ever made shows you have not seen many films

when did I say it was the best movie ever made??

I said one of the best movies I'VE seen. And no that doesn't mean I haven't watched many movies it just means I really liked this one.

The dog in the bag and that boy covering it in petrol or whatever really freaked me out/made me cringe, I was literally shouting at the TV. It was just the first movie in ages I could really get into.

Not a bad film, really failed with its whole point though. The butterfly effect suggests that a tiny change will affect everything. Just that time he got the little burn scar or put his hands on the spikes, everything would've changed so much, there's no way after the latter he would've wound up in the same cell in the same situation with that devout latino Christian cellmate of his at the exact same time having said everything the same way. Imagine the end of that day, he goes to hospital his mum freaks out, wonders why he stabbed himself in the hands etc - his life would've completely branched off there, hence the entire butterfly effect concept.

I like time travel films though, and despite its insanely bleak outlook and stupid ending (why didn't he just find Kaylie as soon as things were ok?) - it was a pretty cool watch. Funny that just a week or two ago I was talking about wanting to see this, then bam, terrestrial TV premiere. That happens a lot :D

Not a bad film, really failed with its whole point though. The butterfly effect suggests that a tiny change will affect everything. Just that time he got the little burn scar or put his hands on the spikes, everything would've changed so much, there's no way after the latter he would've wound up in the same cell in the same situation with that devout latino Christian cellmate of his at the exact same time having said everything the same way. Imagine the end of that day, he goes to hospital his mum freaks out, wonders why he stabbed himself in the hands etc - his life would've completely branched off there, hence the entire butterfly effect concept.

I like time travel films though, and despite its insanely bleak outlook and stupid ending (why didn't he just find Kaylie as soon as things were ok?) - it was a pretty cool watch. Funny that just a week or two ago I was talking about wanting to see this, then bam, terrestrial TV premiere. That happens a lot :D

same! I was talking to my mate about the movie because so many people have told me its good, and then there you go its on TV.

Anyone know a good place to buy the DVD from?

There are a couple of alternatives.

Original is where he goes back in the womb and kills himself.

The others are where he sorts out some shit which makes it so he never met that girl.

He then passes her in the street and one ending they just walk on by and he is happy knowing she is ok and the other ending he turns round and follows her.

Im sure there is one more ending where he asks her for a drink and she accepts, or did I just make that one up in my head? lol

I've seen it before, and I agree with what ShortFace said.

I was looking forward to seeing it, but it just didn't turn out like I thought it would have. It's still an ok movie, but not as great as I had hoped.

Nice ending though with the Oasis Choon. :)

I went to see this a grugingly at the cinema and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread...almost! But the people I saw it with who were looking forward to it thought it was a bit meh!

There are a couple of alternatives.

Original is where he goes back in the womb and kills himself.

The others are where he sorts out some shit which makes it so he never met that girl.

He then passes her in the street and one ending they just walk on by and he is happy knowing she is ok and the other ending he turns round and follows her.

Im sure there is one more ending where he asks her for a drink and she accepts.

The normal ending is the best imo! I thought it was kinda the point that they never got together.

The normal ending makes the most sense. The other endings are very nice and lovely but just don't add up.

If by that you mean the suicide one, then yeah, I agree. I found the one last night to be more 'distressing' though.

What I don't understand though is that She became a really successful woman (or so it seemed), even though her Father would have still kiddyfiddled her so....:wtf:

Overall a film that really gets my brain going and that I really connect to, and the only film where What'shisface (the guy who plays the main character) doesn't seem gay.