N-Europe

(you kinda did by proxy. love is the meaning of life. thus love is everything in life to strive for. if you're not in love, which i am taking, perhaps at liberty, as if you're not in relationship, you lack life)

But nah mostly it just reminded me of that mindframe some people have. I'm bored, I need an outlet :p

You're twisting my words. :) Love isn't necessarily romantic - the platonic love is just as important. Think about it - people without friends or family - they don't have very nice lives. They may try to fill the gap with work or doing something they like, but I truly believe they lack something in life.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're twisting my words. :) Love isn't necessarily romantic - the platonic love is just as important. Think about it - people without friends or family - they don't have very nice lives. They may try to fill the gap with work or doing something they like, but I truly believe they lack something in life.

Agreed.

But i also agree with Ashley on not being so dependant on love, but I think you were primarily alluding to romantic/boyfriend-girlfriend love. I'm a fairly independent chap but not having the love of my parents and my sisters would mess me up psychologically. I would go as far as to say those who lack love are usually the ones who get a bit twisted and criminal.

Surely it's impossible to reach a consensus on love though, isn't it? It is after all an entirely abstract concept who meanings and symptoms will variate massively not just between individuals but between couples or groups of individuals. In the words of Dr. Hibbert from The Simpsons:

"Do you mean the love between a man and a woman, or the love of a man for a fine Cuban cigar?"

But the platonic love you have with friends and family isn't the kind of love we're debating about, here.

Love is the messy, ignorant swimming pool we occasionaly dive blindly into. Love is the struggle to hold your breath while swimming as far as possible. Love is reaising you're swimming in a circle, but that's ok.

Love is finding something that suddenly makes all the worst bits in your life seem ok, and all the best bits seem average. Love is a cancer that can destroy your relationship with the rest of the world, yet love is addictive and wonderful. Love is something I'm hugely scared of. Love is no excuse, yet unavoidably distracting.

Romantic love is barely scraping the surface of what love is -- the inexplainable communication between two people that transcends words and metaphor. Love is true understanding; trust and faith. Love is acceptance and acknowledgement...

But love is also experience. Innocence only goes so far. Love is awareness and thoughtfulness.

I still like to think that I have experienced love in the romantic, nostalgic sense -- but I still tend to believe that I was a misguided fool -- that all I have mentioned above is largely impossible to achieve for long periods of time. Love is a belief system created by those who believe we are somehow more than animals. I'm not so sure.

But I'm ever so willing to be convinced otherwise!

But the platonic love you have with friends and family isn't the kind of love we're debating about, here.

Love is the messy, ignorant swimming pool we occasionaly dive blindly into. Love is the struggle to hold your breath while swimming as far as possible. Love is reaising you're swimming in a circle, but that's ok.

Love is finding something that suddenly makes all the worst bits in your life seem ok, and all the best bits seem average. Love is a cancer that can destroy your relationship with the rest of the world, yet love is addictive and wonderful. Love is something I'm hugely scared of. Love is no excuse, yet unavoidably distracting.

Romantic love is barely scraping the surface of what love is -- the inexplainable communication between two people that transcends words and metaphor. Love is true understanding; trust and faith. Love is acceptance and acknowledgement...

But love is also experience. Innocence only goes so far. Love is awareness and thoughtfulness.

I still like to think that I have experienced love in the romantic, nostalgic sense -- but I still tend to believe that I was a misguided fool -- that all I have mentioned above is largely impossible to achieve for long periods of time. Love is a belief system created by those who believe we are somehow more than animals. I'm not so sure.

Wow. Dunno what to say. Honestly one of the best posts ever. You certainly have a way with words Mr Seven.

Bravo, sir. :)

Platonic love, romantic love - all forms of love stem from the same basic (and yet so complex) emotion. They are (extremely) varying degrees of the same phenomenon.

^^Not even going to comment on the love issue, in a 'don't open that door' kind of way.

Every time I come into work looking visibly tired (which is quite often) people assume I've been having loads of sex. It's just not true, gah! No boyfriend and don't just randomly sleep around. *sings... that's why the lady is a tramp*.

^^Not even going to comment on the love issue, in a 'don't open that door' kind of way.

Every time I come into work looking visibly tired (which is quite often) people assume I've been having loads of sex. It's just not true, gah! No boyfriend and don't just randomly sleep around. *sings... that's why the lady is a tramp*.

Bad girl, drunk by six

Kissing someone else's lips

Smoked too many cigarettes a day

She's not happy when she acts this way

I was the victim of some homophobia yesterday, even though I'm not homosexual, some yardy type guy off my estate called me a batty boy, so I asked him to fuck me up the bum, to which he just walked off and I called after him 'you should be wearing the skirt darling, you're all mouth and no trousers'.

I love winding up bigots.

...and I called after him 'you should be wearing the skirt darling, you're all mouth and no trousers'.

Good comeback line!

People make homophobic comments because they know they probably won't get any repercussions. They wouldn't shout something racist to someone they think may kick their head in, but they know gay/tv/etc people will more likely than not just keep quiet & walk away.

I was the victim of some homophobia yesterday, even though I'm not homosexual, some yardy type guy off my estate called me a batty boy, so I asked him to fuck me up the bum, to which he just walked off and I called after him 'you should be wearing the skirt darling, you're all mouth and no trousers'.

I love winding up bigots.

I sincerely think that a good deal of homophobic people who make comments like that actually have homoerotic tendencies themselves. That guy probably walked away because such a sexual thought of...uh...'fucking you up the bum' may have tingled his sensations to actually make him think twice.

I actually think most people are instinctly bisexual. Lets look at it from this angle, a lot of guys like the idea of fucking a womans arse...why? Just cos its something to be fucked. A typical 'heterosexual' guy with a boner just wants to primarily give it to a receptive, perhaps submissive, partner. And in the heat of the moment I really don't think most men would really think twice about gender lol.

If you would have asked that guy the same question at say 3am in his bedroom, I bet something else would have happened. ^^

I sincerely think that a good deal of homophobic people who make comments like that actually have homoerotic tendencies themselves. That guy probably walked away because such a sexual thought of...uh...'fucking you up the bum' may have tingled his sensations to actually make him think twice.

I actually think most people are instinctly bisexual. Lets look at it from this angle, a lot of guys like the idea of fucking a womans arse...why? Just cos its something to be fucked. A typical 'heterosexual' guy with a boner just wants to primarily give it to a receptive, perhaps submissive, partner. And in the heat of the moment I really don't think most men would really think twice about gender lol.

If you would have asked that guy the same question at say 3am in his bedroom, I bet something else would have happened. ^^

Oh yes, blacks are the worst for this too I reckon as they have a higher sex drive. A gay transvestite friend of mine has done loads of black gangsta types who have supposedly been all straight.

Oh yes, blacks are the worst for this too I reckon as they have a higher sex drive. A gay transvestite friend of mine has done loads of black gangsta types who have supposedly been all straight.

...:indeed:

Is that so? Your opinion seems intertwinded with racism... In that case, you shouldn't really be complaining at the hand of homophobic abuse.

Dog eat dog.

Hm, I really don't think that's the case. Not with everyone, at least. Blame society, but some guys (me included) just find the thought of doing anything sexual with another guy repulsive.

Now, there's a huge difference between that and being homophobic. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals. I think it's great for breaking those god awful gender roles. But I really don't like the idea of me doing anything sexual with another guy. Again, blame society.

Hm, I really don't think that's the case. Not with everyone, at least. Blame society, but some guys (me included) just find the thought of doing anything sexual with another guy repulsive.

Now, there's a huge difference between that and being homophobic. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals. I think it's great for breaking those god awful gender roles. But I really don't like the idea of me doing anything sexual with another guy. Again, blame society.

Sure, but the people I was alluding to were the types making such comments. Shouting out something like "you fag!" - is a form of sadistic behaviour imo. Its still (verbal) abuse. Perhaps no different from a guy who gets a turn on from spanking girls.

Heterosexuality from a mans perspective is somewhat predatory. And that sense of predation is somewhat stimulating. I believe similar feelings occur to some straight men who witness submissive, effeminate men. But whether they choose to delve into it of course is based on their cultural influences.

I remember an episode of Hollyoaks way back, when this gay guy (actually not sure if he was gay) was getting a load of verbal (homophobic) abuse from this 'straight' guy, eventually he confronted the (gay) guy and raped him. This highlights the point I'm trying to make.

Did they steal things, as well...like his car stereo? I hear they're thieves, and everything!

How was Rok being racist? He was purely making an observation from his own personal experience.

Yes, he made observations from his personal experience, but the foundations of his 'observations' were racist. Its like me saying 'I reckon whites are losers at sport' - a personal observation, yes - but a racist one nonetheless.

Yes, he made observations from his personal experience, but the foundations of his 'observations' were racist. Its like me saying 'I reckon whites are losers at sport' - a personal observation, yes - but a racist one nonetheless.

My mum is a ski instructor and she was saying just today that she's never taught an Asian person who has had the natural ability to ski, and that most of them were downright shit at skiing. Is that racist? IMO, it's just her telling a truth, in her experience.

Then again, Rok was talking in generality. He wasn't specifically talking about black guys he'd encountered, just black guys in general, which yeah, is racist.

God damn why do people care so much about comments on here...it's the INTERWEBZ

/breathes

As it is I've decided I want to move on the conversation, a conversation came up last night about domination etc, so what do you like? Is that abit too weird for you to take in? Or do you actually prefer a less ''vanilla'' sex life?