N-Europe

You can help ban Scientology now

Sanchez

Crossposted from SA

NEW! petition to prevent religious status for Scientology, this petition has been accepted on the official UK government web site!

Click HERE to goto #10 Downing Street petition page

" James Higgs in UK has created a petition to Tony Blair, the British Prime Minister to prevent Scientology becoming accepted as a religion in the UK. The petition has been accepted, and is live on the Number 10 Downing Street website for people to sign.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Refuse any application submitted by the ‘Church’ of Scientology for recognition as a Religious Organisation. "

Nota Bene: You must be a RESIDENT of The UK to sign this

------------------------

Added - And there is another Official Petition to BAN Scientology!

HERE http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/scientologyban/

Sign this one too!

------------------------

This posting presented by the

Ex-members of Scientology at

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Banning all religions would be heaven.

I'll sign it, just to see the look on Tom Cruises face :heh: (it is him isnt it?)

Can we ban all the other religions while we are at it?

Wow ok comrade Stalin. Sierously you can't start whining about religions persecutions past present etc and then just make statements like that. I bet you dislike people knocking on your door and telling you about religion then could you please stop being a atheist aggressor! Damn I was trying to think of something akin to Bible Basher, my alliteration skills failed. Sierously though statements like the above are just wrong in lots of ways.

Back on the point no don't ban scientology. Argue with it, debate with it. Man alive this is a free country you can't just ban stuff people fought long and hard for these freedoms. If this religion is so illogical which I agree it is lets have a debate and expose it rather than just banning it man alive.

Rant over ;)

Can we ban all the other religions while we are at it?

QFT. (I bet you never saw that coming from me, did you?)

Banning all religions is a bit extreme, but there should definitly be a separation of church and state, and church and education.

QFT. (I bet you never saw that coming from me, did you?)

Banning all religions is a bit extreme, but there should definitly be a separation of church and state, and church and education.

Completley agree about seperation of Church and State, people should bte informed of religions neutrally in RE though.

This is completley different to banning religions though, one is found in liberal democracies the other in Communist dictatorships.

Completley agree about seperation of Church and State, people should bte informed of religions neutrally in RE though.

Of course. What I meant is that the church should not influence what is taught in, say, science. *looks at Emmanuel Collage*

I don't think it would be possible to just ban religion. It would be like banning sex. But I do think there is a small possibility that over the next 100 years religion could just fade out.

So many bad things stem from religion. All the terrorists justify themselves because it's "holy war" and Allah said it was okay. There have been wars over the past 2000 years because of religious hatred. Millions die in Africa because some guy in Rome says that using condoms is a sin. I'm not saying religion is entirely bad, but a strong set of moral beliefs is all you need to live a good life, and you don't need to be religious to have morals.

I'm not saying religion is entirely bad, but a strong set of moral beliefs is all you need to live a good life, and you don't need to be religious to have morals.

Actually, religion is not a good source of morals. Look at the Old Testament. Look at Moses: he commanded the killing of hundreds, if not thousands, of people, who's only crime was to believe in another god.

Look at Abraham: his story is a perfect example of child abuse, two cases of power abuse in an asymmetrical power sharing relationship, carrying a knife in public, and killing animals for reasons other than food.

In fact, surely it is morally better to behave for the good of humanity than to behave to get yourself into heaven. :indeed:

How many wars have been started due to reasons other than religious-based one?

I think the right sentence is: How many wars have been started in the name of religion but are really about expanding some empire´s power....

I think the right sentence is: How many wars have been started in the name of religion but are really about expanding some empire´s power....

OK then: "apart from for financial gain, how many wars have been started due to reasons other than religion?"

Happy now?

OK then: "apart from for financial gain, how many wars have been started due to reasons other than religion?"

Happy now?

Ok better run to my exam reaaal soon will answer your more complex moral points first but here goes.

Personal antagonism Countless

Revolutionary powers vs unrevolutionary powers French revolution

Illgetimacy Persian vs Byzantine wars under Heraclius

Order vs Disorder French intervention in Spain 1823

Different ideologies Cold war WW2

Nationalism WW1 Italian wars against Austria

Failing domestic policy distraction Charles X expitidtion into Algeria 1830

Breaking status quo German British rivalry leading up to WW1

That was off the top of my head when I get back from exam I will go more in depth if you want but real relgious wars. And I mean wars just for the sake of religion rather than any other reasons and no finacial gain are incredibly rare. You name me a war that you think was soley to do with religion and I may be able to point to other factsors. I say may as Medieval isnt my strong point but if you went to Byzantine era which is ore religious anyway everytime I would have an answer I reckon. Now theres an open challenge hehe ;)

Ok gotta dash!

I can only think of a couple of conflicts that have been waged over largely religious principles. Most wars over the last few hundred years have all seem to be either imperial conquest, the result of rival power blocks or fought across the battle lines of strictly political ideologies.

For the record, this is not banning Scientology. This is denying Scientology relious status under the regulations of the charity organisation.

Perfectly legit claim, considering it's a batshit fucking crazy cult started by a crazy bastard.

Wow ok comrade Stalin. Sierously you can't start whining about religions persecutions past present etc and then just make statements like that. I bet you dislike people knocking on your door and telling you about religion then could you please stop being a atheist aggressor! Damn I was trying to think of something akin to Bible Basher, my alliteration skills failed. Sierously though statements like the above are just wrong in lots of ways.
Calm down, no need to be a victim right away. 'Banning of religions' is really different than 'religion persecutions'. Cube was obviously exaggerating, but it's just some people's opinion that religions do more bad than they do good.
Back on the point no don't ban scientology. Argue with it, debate with it. Man alive this is a free country you can't just ban stuff people fought long and hard for these freedoms. If this religion is so illogical which I agree it is lets have a debate and expose it rather than just banning it man alive.

Scientology should be banned for the same reasons as drug use is banned. As a religion it makes less sense than most others, but the problem is that as it's a small group, it is really likely to absorb its members into itself - there's a great amount of brainwashing going on in it. It isn't just a religion in the sense that it offers sets of beliefs, it and its community force those beliefs upon you. If you take just a bit of it, it sucks you up and will seriously mess you up.