NEurope
flameboy

Paper Mario Thread.

Uggh I want to download this game so bad, but I didn't bring my classic controller with me on vacation! It doesn't work with a cube controller does it?

Cube controller works perfectly fine for all N64 games on the VC so far.

i never played Paper mario , but after reading this thread i'm thinking of Downloading it to from VC but im not really Convinced yet

i never played Paper mario , but after reading this thread i'm thinking of Downloading it to from VC but im not really Convinced yet

Doo eet!

Its probably my favourite VC game, that or Super Mario Bros or R Type. I like VC.

Just beat the first chapter. 2hrs so far. How many chapters are there?

Well there's seven Star Spirits so I'm guessing there'll be eight, one for the Bowser fight at the end.

Tried playing this around 12 today but was too hungover and ended up just switching it off without saving! Hadn't done much though, shall get back to it after I've had my tea.

I've reached chapter 3 now. I like how this game adds a new layer of depth the further you progress. It manages to surprise me more I play. Modern games dont quite have this depth. It's officially my fave VC purchase. Maybe it's because of its sheer content, compared to arcade type of games (Contra 3, Streets of Rage etc).

@Cube: I didnt realize you could play with the GC controller. I find the Classic controller not quite the same for N64 games, since the C-buttons are mapped on an analog stick.

Im on chapter 7 now with 13 hours on the clock and im level 17. Methinks I will go do some sidequests and Star Piece hunting before I move on.

finaly got the game, i'm saved in koopa town after getting the blue shelled koopa on my team

i found an easter egg while downloading the game however, as i have posted in other threads my internet connection keeps going down, and lucky me, it went down right in the middle of downloading the game. finally after i reset my router i went back to downloading the game and instead of mario grabbing the coins during the download, the sprite was switched to luigi.

I'm on chapter 4 and nearing chapter 5. Said it earlier but worth every point. If you love your RPG's with a lot of comedy then this one surely will win you over.

I've reached chapter 4 now with about 12 hours saved. I've done quite some work with the sidequests now. Delivering those letters sure takes some patient! Haha.

By accident I found an area in the Forever Forest. It's the one with a honeycomb hanging in a tree. Once you smack the tree, some wasps come out and attack you. That area contained a lovely treasure, which... I kinda forgot what it was actually. Anybody been there as well? Cos all i wanted to do was to reach the exit, haha.

Loving how there's so much to explore and some neat little secrets that awards you to sniff around.

I'm about to ride the train to the dry dry dessert. Now i remember why I loved TTYD so much.

I hope Super Mario RPG is coming soon.

I hope Super Mario RPG is coming soon.

Well you will get it, seeing as you live in the U.S.A :indeed:

I'm stuck on the Toy Box chapter. I have just defeated that killer shy-guy and gotten myself the toy train, but I have no idea where to go next. Those koopa's won't take the toy train off me. Who will?

Well you will get it, seeing as you live in the U.S.A :indeed:

I'm stuck on the Toy Box chapter. I have just defeated that killer shy-guy and gotten myself the toy train, but I have no idea where to go next. Those koopa's won't take the toy train off me. Who will?

Leave the toy box area and stand in front of the toy box instead of jumping inside and hit A. Mario will throw in the Toy Train.

Where's the musician person you need to find for the people in the bar in Toad Town? I remember talking to him, but I can't remember where.

Where's the musician person you need to find for the people in the bar in Toad Town? I remember talking to him, but I can't remember where.

If you mean the composer guy he can be found in one of the houses in Dry Dry Outpost

Yeah, that Toybox part was a bit tricky actually and quite long as well. Loads of side quests you get there!

Im not sure how I came through that toy train part. Perhaps I went to wizard guy in Toad Town centre (Merlee?), maybe he gave me a tip.

I've reached the Yoshi area now. Anyone having a headache figuring out which badge you want to assign? I have so many useful badges that its really challenging to decide which to drop/assign.

I went back on this today as I needed a break from the PS3. I managed to max my level and stats by fighting the Golden Dazyee over and over again. The only star pieces I need now are the ones from Chuck Quizmo and then I can get the last 3 badges I need before taking on Bowser.

I finished it. Decided to not enter this thread to avoid spoilers. I found killing three anti-guys at once to be quite fun after failing embaressingly on the door challenge.

I found the game to be easy overall. I don't think I died once.

YAY! Finally purchased this today, oh how I love this game. Lol I've never played any Paper Mario besides the first one. Was Thousand Year Door as good as the first one? And I really need to pick up the Wii version...

Was Thousand Year Door as good as the first one? And I really need to pick up the Wii version...

I thought it was a great game but I think the N64 version is slighty better, do pick it up though as I said its a great game.

I spent alot of time hunting Chuck Quizmo down last night and now I just need 2 more Star Pieces. I was sure I got them all from around the world but I guess not. Now comes the great task of trying to find the 2 that I have missed....Oh joy!

You could just go see that weird lady at the place where you exchange the star pieces. (Downstairs) I haven't tried it myself but when I talked to her, it gave an option for Starpieces. (For 5 coins) Maybe she tells ya where they're at?

And yeah I'll probably be picking up Thousand Year Door then.

You could just go see that weird lady at the place where you exchange the star pieces. (Downstairs) I haven't tried it myself but when I talked to her, it gave an option for Starpieces. (For 5 coins) Maybe she tells ya where they're at?

Yeah I spoke to her but she basically said I had got all of them that are lying around and hidden in panels which meant I had missed 2 letters somewhere. Doesnt matter as I found them when I got in from work so all of the Star Pieces are mine, well they were til I traded them in for badges :)

Just need 250 more coins then I can get the rest of the badges and everything is done in the game apart from beating Bowser, I may get this finished tonight.

I went back on this today as I needed a break from the PS3. I managed to max my level and stats by fighting the Golden Dazyee over and over again. The only star pieces I need now are the ones from Chuck Quizmo and then I can get the last 3 badges I need before taking on Bowser.

What's the max level, and how much EXP do the golden dayzees give?

What's the max level, and how much EXP do the golden dayzees give?

Max level is 27, strange number I know and the Golden Dayzees give 40 then eventually drops to 37 exp.

What do you get for getting all star pieces? Apart from trading some badges. Are some really rare and handy badges you can get from the trading?

Here's something i've been thinking over and over. What do you think is more important? HP, FP or BP? Im leveling each one about evenly now, but some times i want to level up the HP, but then im thinking, with more FP i'll be able to attack more, from which i think that BP needs leveling up as well, since there's quite a lot useful badges which i cant have equipped.

i like the strategy behind it all.