NEurope
flameboy

Paper Mario Thread.

if you know the dude's name is

Dooplis

from the beginning it barely takes any time at all.

my favorite chapter had to be the one on the train though, TYD was such a fun game.

Don't worry mate, you didn't ruin it for me. I got to the final chapter but was pwned by golden bullet bills. I agree, it was probably my favourite GC title after WW and SSBM.

If you guys are loving this game so far, just wait til the last chapter... the murder mystery! That was the most golden section of the game, in my opinion! :hehe:

Just reached the Dry Dry desert area now. Im not looking forward to this, if memory serves me correctly its a bit of a maze in there. Luckly I have been doing some power levelling up so I should be ok.

Did I mention that I love this game? :)

Just reached the Dry Dry desert area now. Im not looking forward to this, if memory serves me correctly its a bit of a maze in there. Luckly I have been doing some power levelling up so I should be ok.

Did I mention that I love this game? :)

Not to my knowledge you didn't [sarcasm/]

Yeah the Desert Level of Paper Mario always reminds me of the song Screenager (by Muse).

Levelling up is a must by the way, else you probably will not succeed against the final boss of the game. :(

Yeah the Desert Level of Paper Mario always reminds me of the song Screenager (by Muse).

Levelling up is a must by the way, else you probably will not succeed against the final boss of the game. :(

When I played this on the N64 all those years ago I maxed my level out and owned the last boss, it shall be done again!

I've finished chapter 2 now and have upgraded three of my allies (poor old Goombario is still a little weakling :heh:). Found the desert really easy to navigate, as long as you do it logically (I went right to the bottom left then just snaked my way up through it all so I found everything) then you'll be fine. I suggest using Mario's Quake Hammer and an upgraded Kooper's Power Shell to take those Pokey's and Bandit's out in one go!

I found the Dry Dry Ruins rather straight forward as well, although I have been fighting practically every enemy I come across so my level isn't too bad.

Quick tip, make sure you search all of Dry Dry Outpost, there's a nice little something hidden away (that comes at a small cost) that'll give you a little extra help throughout the game!

Woot, the reason I have kept my 1100 points for afew months is finally here! In the middle of downloading it at the moment :D

I'll bung my progress in a spoiler box.

Well, I got to Dry Dry Ruins and completed it....a bit too easy TBH. I used Kooper for all apart from the boss, for which I switched to the Paratrooper postman guy. Oh, and at this point both of them were upgraded.

Goombario seems useless, (oh and on my way back to Toad Town, I upgraded Bomberia (or whatever) - I hated him from the start anyway. So glad I don't have to use him. Does he have any use after getting Kooper?

Anyway, got through the forest with few problems, currently got 20 (+5) HP, 20 (+5) FP and 9 Badge power (6 go to increasing HP and FP, though), am I upgraded enough for this point?

Anyway, the Boo Mansion was fantastic - love that jar/pot thing you can go into. So now I'm off to a castle with Bow.

I just downloaded PM yesterday. Enjoying it immensely! I always wanted to play it back in the 64 days, but those games were just way too expensive at the end of the life cycle. Glad I can enjoy this lost gem.

I still have PM: the thousand year door on Cube to play. So i'll start on that after I finish the original. So far, I just finished Chapter 1, so you guys are way ahead of me :P

I'll bung my progress in a spoiler box.

Well, I got to Dry Dry Ruins and completed it....a bit too easy TBH. I used Kooper for all apart from the boss, for which I switched to the Paratrooper postman guy. Oh, and at this point both of them were upgraded.

Goombario seems useless, (oh and on my way back to Toad Town, I upgraded Bomberia (or whatever) - I hated him from the start anyway. So glad I don't have to use him. Does he have any use after getting Kooper?

Anyway, got through the forest with few problems, currently got 20 (+5) HP, 20 (+5) FP and 9 Badge power (6 go to increasing HP and FP, though), am I upgraded enough for this point?

Anyway, the Boo Mansion was fantastic - love that jar/pot thing you can go into. So now I'm off to a castle with Bow.

What level would that mean you're at? I was level 10 when I entered the forest, although I got through it and rescued the next star spirit with little trouble.

I've found that if you have the action command badge (the one that makes the action command easier to do) and then use Mario's multi jump attack (the one where you continually jump on the one enemy as long as hit the action command) then you can do some serious damage. I managed to hit one enemy 119 times using it, granted it was only a flying goomba but was still pretty cool. Sadly I tried it on a boss and it seems to be limited to 8 hits, unless I just happened to mess up after the 8th go each time!

Rather spooky coincidence that happened to me earlier. I decided to save the game straight after I rescued the third star spirit, I looked at the time and noticed it was 11:11pm (my favourite time of the day :heh:), I then looked at my save file to see how long I'd been playing and it read like this...

papermarioqi0.gif

So at 11:11 I had played for 11 hours 11 minutes and Mario was at level 11, love it when this sort of coincidental stuff happens!

I went back on this last night for a good session. I wanted to finish the 3rd chapter but I ended up getting beaten off the boss as I wasnt healed up for the 2nd phase and it was half 2 in the morning. Just going to have some breakfast and then take him on again.

I spent ages last night doing little sidequests such as Star Piece hunting and delivering letters for eveyone. I also managed to level up all of my partners that I have so far.

If people are complaining about the lack of real games on the Wii then this is a game for you, 1000 points for one of the best games on the N64 is neither here nor there.

Who is it at Nintendo who likes drawing their characters perpetually bemused expressions? I mean, sure, it's cute and all, but still.

Also, was that a TMNT reference?

What level would that mean you're at? I was level 10 when I entered the forest, although I got through it and rescued the next star spirit with little trouble.

Level 8, completed the castle with no trouble.

The Anti-guy bloke is causing problems, though.

I suppose I could stock up on super mushrooms and just smack him a lot.

Level 8, completed the castle with no trouble.

The Anti-guy bloke is causing problems, though.

I suppose I could stock up on super mushrooms and just smack him a lot.

Yeah that Anti-Guy has killed me twice now, methinks I will go get some healing items and come back in the toybox and give him the beating of a lifetime.

Who's the anti-guy bloke?!

If we're talking about chapter 3 bosses then do you mean the second part of Tubba Blubbas fight?! If you do then he only has 10 HP so just use a power bounce with Mario, which should let you get him down to 2 and then any move from your partner (I used a Goombario's head bonk for crying out load)!

Who's the anti-guy bloke?!

If we're talking about chapter 3 bosses then do you mean the second part of Tubba Blubbas fight?! If you do then he only has 10 HP so just use a power bounce with Mario, which should let you get him down to 2 and then any move from your partner (I used a Goombario's head bonk for crying out load)!

Nah bud its past there. Hes this little grey Shy Guy in the Toybox level that does around 10 damage with every attack and he has 50HP.

Ah right, sorry, thought you were still on Chapter 3 which is why I got confused!

I just beat the hell out of Anti-Guy as I had a special gel item which made Mario invincible. Its well worth killing Anti as you get a great badge from the chest he is guarding.

I just beat the hell out of Anti-Guy as I had a special gel item which made Mario invincible. Its well worth killing Anti as you get a great badge from the chest he is guarding.

Just beat him with the help of 8 Super Mushrooms. I'm now onto the lantern boss.

Is it worth backtracking a bit and just spending an hour or so levelling up?

Just beat chapter 2, and have upgraded all but 1 partner. Can anyone tell me where another upgrade box is?

The one in the Dry Dry Ruins

One from the Osasis

One on the way back to the train in Mount. Rugged (or something)

Just beat him with the help of 8 Super Mushrooms. I'm now onto the lantern boss.

Is it worth backtracking a bit and just spending an hour or so levelling up?

Its best to level up in the area you are in when you start a chapter. Once you start getting 1 star point off the enemy then that should be enough. Im just about to do the Latern Boss and im on level 13 going on 14.

Am currently midway through the Toybox chapter , killed Anti-Guy on the first attempt (although I only had 1hp left after the battle) , just kept using lullaby on him followed by repeated bitch-slapping from Bow.

I had forgotten how insane this level and the game in general was , and this is now taking all my time up. Who needs Wii games :p

I had forgotten how insane this level and the game in general was , and this is now taking all my time up. Who needs Wii games :p

Agreed. This is Nintendo gaming at its finest, futher proof that most of the best Nintendo games came during the N64 era.

Just finished the 4th chapter now, methinks I will call it a day and get back to it tomorrow.

On Lavalava island now. Time for levelling up methinks - need to get to double figures.