NEurope
flameboy

Paper Mario Thread.

All the stats get maxed out eventually anyway so it doesnt really matter what you level up first. I personally levelled FP because I used alot of special moves and in doing so I never really got hurt.

I finished this last night 100%, beat the hell out of Bowser. Still an awesome game, now if only they would give us Super Mario RPG....

Max level is 27, strange number I know and the Golden Dayzees give 40 then eventually drops to 37 exp.

yeah odd number, at least it's not 99 or something annoying like that :P

So in flower fields the place with loads of dayzee's, I can just keep going in and out to make a golden one appear right?

Also I found a massive damage reference in the game, even way before Sony's 06 E3 confrence :P

Yeah only one appears, its in the south east section its one of the 2 that hang around the tree. If its normal then exit to the right and then comeback in just keep doing that til you get a Golden one. Once its dead exit the area by 2 screens then comeback and repeat. It also helps if you have the Dizzy Badge that makes an enemy dizzy when you spin into them before the fight. This is essential as the Golden Dayzee will no dobt run away before you can do enough damage.

well, my mate played tyd just increasing his hp for ages, he had to quit cos he couldent do anything and kept getting beaten. and i warned him.

i just do one at a time, stating with hp, fp bp, repeat.

Finished it last week and really enjoy it. I need to play TTYD now and I'll have play all Mario RPG before Super Paper Mario.

well, in my first run, many years ago, it was 30-40 hours, without doing every side quest.

subsiquent runs place it around 24 hours for me.

Downloaded this game last week, and just got the last star spirit. Not as good as the 2nd one, and it seems to have too many sidekicks, but other than that, great game. My fav VC purchase yet, and the one that lasts me the longest. Hubba Blubba was the hardest boss so far. And those mole- type things which give you berries on Mt Rugged die after you've bashed them about eight times.

Got the last star spirit now and shall probably finish it off later today. Given up on trying to get all the star pieces and badges!

I also levelled up to level 27 when I was in flower fields so have found the rest of the game so far a piece of piss! Can't see myself dying once before the end of the game (I didn't die before the Amayzee Dayzee level up spree)!

Right. Bowser is a total hard nut. He has 99 HP, and keeps on restoring his health. Damn it. Any tips?

i think he restores his health 3 times, just put on badges to make you do high damage and i recomend the peekaboo badge, just for a bit of support.

Right. Bowser is a total hard nut. He has 99 HP, and keeps on restoring his health. Damn it. Any tips?

Level up?

I was at level 27 (the maximum) when I fought him so it was a piece of piss but some things that could make it easier are...

Use the badge that lets you use 2 items in one turn, then get something like a repel gel and a shooting star so in the same turn you can hide yourself from damage for a while and damage Bowser.

Power up badge is essential, so are a few Ultra mushrooms and Jammin' Jelly's (restore 50 HP and FP). You could also try the Happy Heart/Flower badges which restore HP/FP throughout the battle.

As for the partner, I used Watt, this is because his normal move (the one that doesn't require FP) will do 5 damage because it gets through the enemies defence, with all the other characters you would have to waste FP to do this much damage. This allows you to save your FP for Mario's better attacks.

Thanks for your tips, guys! I just beat Bowser and saw the ending. On the final screen that said 'the end' I waited for 5 minutes then switched it off. If I go back to my file now, would I end up before the Bowser battle again?

Thanks for your tips, guys! I just beat Bowser and saw the ending. On the final screen that said 'the end' I waited for 5 minutes then switched it off. If I go back to my file now, would I end up before the Bowser battle again?

Yeah it'll be the last place you saved at.

That sucks, and why I love Pokemon. After you've beaten the bad guy, there's so much more stuff you can do!

I played TTYD before i played this one, and while i liked it, the original makes me realize how much of a copy and paste TTYD was.

I should have posted this in the 'Nintendo is lazy' thread

Wow...I've never played this on the N64, and I didn't think 'highly' of it but I took a gamble and downloaded this for the sake of it and Wow...I found a very entertaining and time consuming RPG - I LOVE THE TURN-BASED BATTLES!

Now I have clocked up 5 hours on this game and I am still addicted. I recommend downloading this game 100%, probably wouldn't have the £49.99 N64 cart price for it, but it is perfect at 1000 points.

Currently just battling that golden flower thing. Over and over and over... Need to be full level for the Ice Temple place!

Just downloaded this the other day. I'm not very far on yet but I absolutely love it and have now put a pre-order in for Super Paper Mario on the back of this.

Yeah I'm gonna bag me a bit of Thousand Year Door now, I'm absolutely loving paper mario!

I wanted it back on the n64 but could never find it in shops (and ebay etc was selling it for an absolute bomb), wonderful game, this.