N-Europe

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

DCK

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Scientific domain General studies I had at 1. More like Mathematics studies...(like what I did there :heh: )

Anyway, the first questions were about mean and median etc and then a graph. What the hell.

I baffled on the last question. Talked about the same thing in both a) and b).

Now I get to go to lessons all week, sudy leave on Friday then my next exam next monday. Yay

Think I did well. Anyone fancy reattaching my left hand like?

No lefties plz m8. Right handers only, yeah?

I had a bit of a terrible shodfest of an exam today, which I also detailed in MPotD, but as I love preaching my life to tinternets, I shall also post it here.

I had an exam today. I sort of caned a couple of topics over the space of yesterday and this morning(not over the entire space admittedlly) they were object recognition and face processing. So, 10AM arrives, I get into the exam and guess what two topics aren't fucking on it?? Face processing and object recognition. I wanted to leave and cry.

However, they have a silly rule you have to stay half an hour before leaving, and I was gonna leave after half hour(i tells ya, ALOT of people were leaving this exam early, whereas practically no one left the others early). Anyway, I stayed, made some shitarse essay that was a rambly piece of non-kind-of-essay-they-want crap, then moved onto the next question(we pick 2 out of 6). Amazingly, I spent an hour on the first one, then about 15 minutes sitting there wondering what else I could actually answer, and I managed to get a flood of stuff for the second question I chose, and I stayed til the end of the 2 hours. Despite all this, I felt rather good on the way home, and now! Glad I didn't leave, and I reckon I must have at least passed(its like 35 for a pass) which is better than failing! Also woooo for half hour rule, not silly after all. If I DO fail, I'm not going to be impressed. Theoretically however, I can fail 3 of these 6 exams and still get into the third year(provided I pass my miniproject). However, that is likely to land me with a pants degree, though I don't think I even care anymore.

I have a critical thinking retake this Friday... if anyone else is doing OCR, it's the one with the multiple choice at the beginning. It doesn't really matter as an exam, but I was irritated because I got a B last time, so I'm having another go.

I wish I never took critical thinking. It's a pile of shit. I don't even care what I get, it's my 5th AS so I can just not accept it.

Anywho I have chemistry practical tomorrow. I'm well good at titrations now so it should be a breeze.

Bugger - i have my french oral on thursday

havent dont a thing ( well thats a lie - ive done loads of preparation but no actual learning)

but i just need to pass it to get into uni

I need a BC (260 tariff points)

im hopeing for an A in music, B in home ec ( thats 220) so i just need 40points from french, key skills and my music

thank whatever that i did my grade 6 piano - gets you like 15 points

Wow that's pretty good, how many A2s? I just couldn't discipline myself into doing that much work...

It's not as good as it sounds because one of the other ASs is general studies.

I am doing four real A2s though, although I've finished two already because we take the maths exams really early.

I wish I never took critical thinking. It's a pile of shit. I don't even care what I get, it's my 5th AS so I can just not accept it.

Anywho I have chemistry practical tomorrow. I'm well good at titrations now so it should be a breeze.

Snap, when I did alevels it was basically a free AS(well, sort of, the alternatives weren't upto much, though one WAS a gcse in spanish, but a language from scratch in the space of a year? screw that amount of work). It replaced general studies from year 12, as that was only AS, then in year 13 we did critical thinking 2 periods a week, and one period a week I learnt some japanese to no sort of level at all.

Anyway, I only got a D in it, but that is a whole extra AS at a D, at the time it seems like alot, and I guess it kind of is. A whole AS level. Total waste of time, me and my mate had just imported DSes, and spent most of it pictochatting and mario DSing under the tables, classic.

My exam time table is as follows:

16/05/07 - 2 science modules

22/05/07 - English literature

04/06/07- Maths

05/06/07- English paper A

05/06/07- Graphics Paper A

06/06/07- 3 Science tests

07/06/07- English Paper B

08/06/07- History Paper A

13/06/07- 3 science tests

14/06/07- History paper B

21/06/07- Maths statistics (2 and a half hour :S)

22/06/07- Graphics paper 2

Then im FREEEEE!!!!

Red = Worst week ever

Snap, when I did alevels it was basically a free AS(well, sort of, the alternatives weren't upto much, though one WAS a gcse in spanish, but a language from scratch in the space of a year? screw that amount of work). It replaced general studies from year 12, as that was only AS, then in year 13 we did critical thinking 2 periods a week, and one period a week I learnt some japanese to no sort of level at all.

Anyway, I only got a D in it, but that is a whole extra AS at a D, at the time it seems like alot, and I guess it kind of is. A whole AS level. Total waste of time, me and my mate had just imported DSes, and spent most of it pictochatting and mario DSing under the tables, classic.

Heh, what's general studies level Japanese like? If it's anything like general studies maths, then it's likely to be something like:

"Me speak Japanese! Samurai! Tsunami! Karaoke!"

I have my physics practical exam on Thursday (easy), a geography skills paper on Friday (irritating, you have to remember loads of little details), maths-mechanics on Monday (easy as I do physics), and human and physical geography the following Friday (it's one of my closest friend's party that night, and it's join with someone else's 18th, so it's gonna be a day with a mix of highs and lows).

In June, I have chemistry on one day, maths-core 2 the next, and, to round off a brilliant week (and exam period) and rather nasty combination of physics-mechanics and radioactivity, physics-electricity and thermal physics, and physics-astrophysics. It's gonna be a long day...

At least I have Halo 3 multiplayer to get me through the time...

My exam time table is as follows:

16/05/07 - 2 science modules

22/05/07 - English literature

04/06/07- Maths

05/06/07- English paper A

05/06/07- Graphics Paper A

06/06/07- 3 Science tests

07/06/07- English Paper B

08/06/07- History Paper A

13/06/07- 3 science tests

14/06/07- History paper B

21/06/07- Maths statistics (2 and a half hour :S)

22/06/07- Graphics paper 2

Then im FREEEEE!!!!

Red = Work week ever

Is that AS? because my timetable is extremely similar ( with those dates in red also being where I have most exams) yet they are all differrent subjects :S

Spanish speaking on Thursday, I am so screwed :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!