General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-huh, uh-huh.

Doubt you remember but it's on my wardrobe. It stands at about 2 metres in height. 1 metre, at least, in breadth. I didn't want to confine such a painting to my measly canvases. I needed something big!

(...thoughts?)

I kinda hate copying work/transcriptions or whatever we were told it was called. It just kinda devalues it as anything other than a copy in my mind.

It looks nice, but then I can't judge it as anything other than a fascimilie, or not of any real artistic merit. Even though technically it should be in some respects. Just me maybe.

I was taught that copies/transcriptions/drawing famous people just for the sake of it was for sketchbooks and pemilinary stuff..the artwork had to have ideas behind it. That's art-school though. And really one should be able to do what they want. Copying artists techniques and learning how they worked is very important of course.

I don't know.

I agree to some extent. Although I don't see the badness in copying, if it means something to you of course. One of the primal reasons I like to copy some artwork is that it's a daily reminder of inspiration. Klimt is my favorite artist. It's nice to be reminded of him :)

Also has some other meaning(s) and then and then. My art teacher loved this picture -- it was on her wedding invitation. Makes it even more nice. Yes, I was that close to my art teacher.

I realise not much artistic-ness goes into it though :p

~ ~ ~

I do make original stuff now and then. Something I should do more often. Like this.

DSCF9999.JPG

Hrm. Actually this is a bit shit though :p I don't really like it. Then again, I'm not one to talk. I did go to the effort of taking a picture of it and uploading it online. It also hangs on my wall so. Yeah.

DSCF9994.JPG

Nice one. Saw a load of his paintings when I had a couple of days in Vienna the other week. Such an incredible artist, his use of colour is unmatched.

Also saw an Egon Schiele painting done in responce to it, which was interesting.

--

--

Did an animation for the E4 Estings competition thing. Traced the keyframes, drew close to 100 individually on photoshop, in 24 hours. it was hellish. Pleased with the end results though!

If people could take a second to click 'yay' after the link i'd massively appreciate it! Best 25 get aired.

http://www.e4.com/video/ZstjhX56HE84kClEgAzeC/play.e4

2a84x8w.png

I've been coming up with a game idea again.

I started off wanting to play as Zelda in the next Zelda game but also just a general desire to create more female video game characters who aren't defined by their ass and their skin-tight costumes.

And because I love Okami so much I mixed in the idea of loosely adapting a mythology.

So I present Pin's Voyage!

tumblr_lnq7cleYZc1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

Once upon a time, in the land of Hellas... the Gods walked on Earth and created humans... but quickly the humans grew stronger and warlike and the Gods were chased to Mt. Olympus where they could rule them from afar.

Fearing that one day mankind might get powerful enough to invade Mt. Olympus, they decided to each go out and father a child... so that if Mt. Olympus was invaded, they could awaken them from their ignorance and get them to seek vengeance.

The Children of the Gods were unaware of their true parents and nobody would have looked at them twice... except for one Child... the daughter of Pan, Pin. She, unfortunately, had inherited his fawn-like bottom half.

She was entrusted to the Emperor on Empire Island (the island also home to Mt. Olympus) and every night his oracle would come into her bedroom and put a spell on her hooves to make sure they stayed looking like human feet.

One day, dark ships from the East arrived and a woman in robes named Valicity invaded Empire Island. Princess Pin was locked away in a tower to protect her, but she escaped in order to help her people.

At midnight, the oracle came to her bedroom and discovered she was gone! Oh no...

As Pin runs around Empire Island during the invasion she stars to feel weird... her feet have gone all numb and she's running much faster than she should... she looks down and to her disbelieve she's got hooves!

The forces of Valicity are overpowered by the Empire Island Army and so they retreat back to the East, but not before one of them spots Pin and kidnaps her claiming she's a God.

Pin wakes up in a prison cell on Faraway Island, the home of Valicity's army. Pin manages to escape and steal a ship and sets course for the nearby Meadow Island...

That's when her adventure begins... to find the Children of the Gods and retake Empire Island.

tintin_and_snowy_by_spune-d3kzyqe.jpg

Tintin & Snowy

Anyone who knows me knows that my love of Tintin is bigger than my love for gravy. And I like me some gravy.

With the new Hollywood movie approaching (which looks mighty swell) I thought I’d get in my “I LIKED IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL” appeal early. Hope you like my fan art!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lpgxsgnudR1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

Here is page 1 of a digital children’s book I’m working on called A IS FOR ADVENTURE.

It is for a company run by the E-Hon Publishing company, and also part of a live project for uni.

The basic idea is to make a story involving the alphabet, and because I have been playing a lot of Zelda games recently, I thought it would be fun to turn it into an adventure.

I’ve taken inspiration from the game “Zelda 2”.

I thought it would be fun to make it look like a retro video game because of the new digital format this story will be taking. Originally I was going to make the game actually use identical retro graphics and I began work on spriting the characters and locations, but I thought it was too indulgent and wouldn’t be appealing enough for young children who won’t understand the nostalgia.

That's my favourite thing.

---

I took part in an 'X-Jam' on the X-Boards of the Comic Book Resources forums, and it's now over, with every X-Man ever having been redesigned by members. My Emma Frost is tucked away in the middle-right, behind Jean Grey/Shadowcat/Legion.

Jam.jpg

I have no access to/knowledge of digital colouring or even a (working) scanner atm so had to be hand-drawn and just photographed, explaining her paleness, but then I like to think it;s just her in Diamond form. ;) Here's my full redesign. People seemed to like it. Didn't put much time into it, and she has my Leonalewisslashmanface syndrome which I often draw and her head is too big, but I'm over it. I also spent about 3 mins colouring, and fucked up her hair so just stopped. She came off suitably bitchy/posh uptight dominatrix enough for me. I kinda like the idea of an Emma Frost that is more obviously battle-ready, so I got rid of the cape, gave her a more obvious 'superhero' costume in the vein of the 90's X-Men costumes, and a cat-o-nine tails.

DSCF0720.jpg

I also gave her relative pancake boobs on purpose. Adds.

Every girl I know bitches about wearing heals for more than a few hours. I like how they are still a necessity for super-ladies though.

Here's page 2 if you're interested. Dunno if I'll keep posting them though.

tumblr_lpih0zWZRV1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpiltqd3jt1qavd10.jpg

Edited by Hamishmash

Ugh server cut out so my post was never posted.

Basically I agree RE: superheroine costumes, but of any character EVER, wearing high heels to fight supervillains suits Emma Frost. This is her costume during the period when the rest of X-Men wore more practical, street-clothes uniforms:

Emma+Frost+New+X-Men.jpg

She's ridiculous, overtly sexual etc etc.

It's high time I posted something in this thread again. Foam.gif

I made these a while back as a commission (not the best picture, unfortunately).

Eeveelutionsbetterpicture.jpg

The unicorn in this picture turned out pretty well. Can't say the same for the dragon, sadly.

Theunicornandthepocketdragon.jpg?

This is based on a comic strip I drew years ago where a friend married Lara Croft (it'd make sense if you knew him).

LucasandLara.jpg

More Eeveelutions! This time, they're refrigerator magnets.

Eeveelutionmagnets.jpg

Eeveelutionmagnetsalternateangle.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!