N-Europe

Halo 3 Beta Thread

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will later, I've got to do some revision for my exam tomorrow though.

just come for an hour or so at the start, have like a big launch event then go back to the books after an hour maybe? i've been revising since 11.30am stopping every 30 mins or so to check here, go to the loo and eat. i think everyone deserves a break.

Not really played on live that much but some of the American kids playing Halo are well funny, I didn't think people actually spoke like that outside of sitcoms

"Oh my god you guys what do you think of this game huh ohmigod it is so fun it's totally the funnest I couldn't believe it you guys could I join your party omigod that would be awesome because I like so wanna play right now so you guys yeah invite me to your party and stuff you guys I don't believe this game I was like no way you guys ohmigod and there was this guy and I shot him and he was like "ahhh" and it was awesome. Guys?"

Too. Much. Sugar.

Holy tits, I just went to check my Halo 3 download status, and as it got to 67% I accidently knocked the guide button and it fucking stopped. Went onto it again and it said 'Download Again' and 0%. I almost cried. Luckily it went straight up to 66%.

Hmm, it got stuck on 66% for about 10 minutes, stopped, and then when I restarted it, it was on 73%...

Gah! My mum is insisting on watching some throw-away crappy program about...nothing, really.

Yay.

There goes Halo 3 for tonight...

Wonderful.

I'll be with you guys as soon as my mum realises the program she is watching is actually complete shite...

Guest Jordan
What really annoys me is that you have to press on the d-pad to talk to your whole team, but it only lasts for about a second. It's so stupid, there is no possible benefit from having to do that. Surely the smart thing to do would be too press the d-pad to toggle team talk on and off.

It lasts as long as you speak for, just like Halo 2.

Guest Jordan
What is wrong with team chat being on all the time? That'd be better

When you have 8 players on your team, it really isn't a good idea...

Guest Stefkov

It's quite fun when you get on a good team with getting loads of kills.

Had some good games then.

Guest Stefkov
Yar it is.

Caris was carrying the team mostly but we where bringing up the rear!

Aye, I killed quite a few in the first game, where it was every man for himself. Cam third, but then I was getting the same amount of kills as you.

Just a little more time and we'll be getting moar and moar kills.

Guest Jordan
Sooo how is the Beta overall?

In a word?

Awesome.

Its frantic, its fast, its a hell of a lot of fun, it looks great and it plays like a highly improved Halo 2.

I suck at Halo 2, i am actually pretty damn good at Halo 3. Weird eh?

Guest Stefkov

Like me, in a free for all, I came third. got 20 kill. The most I've ever gotten on Halo.

Halo 2 I sucked, at what little I played.

I think the strategy games are more for me though, still prefer Gears multiplayer. I love tactics.

I think the strategy games are more for me though, still prefer Gears multiplayer. I love tactics.

I still think Halo is more tactical than Gears. Especially in CTF or bomb, if you're in a party of 4 people you know the games get really tactical.

I love the new territories. Instead of there being 5 territories that both teams tried to capture like in Halo 2. There's a defending team and attacking team. The attacking team have to work their way through them all. It's great on Valhalla. 2 people go each side with the mongooses (or Warthog) and get number 1 and 2 then work your way forward. It's really hard to defend against that.

Also, on Valhalla, a warthog with a gunner and driver completely controls the map, it really is the most effective thing on that map. If you can win the middle the other team don't stand a chance. Place yourself next to the man cannon drop point and you can't lose.

Just had and awesome bunch of matches with Nintenchris! Anyone going to be on at about 6:30/7:00 for some Halo 3 Team carnage!?

I love the new territories. Instead of there being 5 territories that both teams tried to capture like in Halo 2. There's a defending team and attacking team. The attacking team have to work their way through them all. It's great on Valhalla. 2 people go each side with the mongooses (or Warthog) and get number 1 and 2 then work your way forward. It's really hard to defend against that.

You can also play the old version of Territories.

Also, on Valhalla, a warthog with a gunner and driver completely controls the map, it really is the most effective thing on that map. If you can win the middle the other team don't stand a chance. Place yourself next to the man cannon drop point and you can't lose.

That what Nintenchris, and somethimes me when I wasn't getting my face introduced to the butt of a gun, were just doing, awesome strategie except the driver gets sod all credit for the kills which is kinda annoying.

Does anyone think the Trip Mine is a bit lame/redundant?