NEurope
theguyfromspark

Excite Truck 2 Fake?

damn that would have been pretty sweet! the excite franchise is just begging to see an online game!

..I thought it was fake when I first saw about it.. and I stand by that..

I have also just read (from what SHOULD be a reliable source (but can you ever really tell?)):

You may have seen news about Excite Truck 2 on the internet today

We have spoken to Nintendo this afternoon and they confirmed that the press release and screenshots that were released today are not from them and are completely fake. Nintendo have not announced any sequel in the Excite Truck series.

(Tom@ONM)

I would hope Nintendo would concentrate on some of their other franchises anyways before Excite Truck 2; it's only been 6 months or so since the first!

I would hope Nintendo would concentrate on some of their other franchises anyways before Excite Truck 2; it's only been 6 months or so since the first!

yeah true, me and nando were just saying lets see a 1080 or a wave race first.

On the topic of this, if Nintendo had anything near the online infrastructure of Sony and Microsoft they could offer things like this as digital downloads (either free, not likely, or cheaply) rather than charging us again for it!

Nintendo? Give us something for free? Ha, Nintendo milk the shit even out of their old NES games...

It's from a 2nd party dev though anyway. If they're not doing anything, they could be doing worst things then cracking on with an Excitetruck sequel, which, as I've said before but I'll before, is simply screaming for meatier follow up. Throw some 6-player online and some crazier environments on there (more of the nebula course please) and you'd be laughing. Hell, you'd be balling your head off with hysteria.

All that says is that Nintendo haven't announced the game...

They would of then said we don't talk about rumours or speculation.

All that says is that Nintendo haven't announced the game...

Yeah your right, all they said was:

"It seems to have stemmed from an unofficial source," said Nintendo. "We have not announced any sequel in the Excite Truck series."

Companies don't usually respond to rumours like this, people make countless fake screens all the time...think of how many character screens of Smash Bros we have seen, how many pics of the wii online system appeared before the wii was out...

We'll see it at some point, I reckon. ExciteTruck is a great, great game, and I really do love it to pieces.

I would like to see more locations though, and maybe more air tricks using the Wiimote.

Nintendo? Give us something for free? Ha, Nintendo milk the shit even out of their old NES games...

Stars Catalogue stuff. Internet Channel. Everybody Votes, and presumably future channels as well. You can complain about these things if you want, but personally I'd rather have them than not.

By the looks of things Monster Games have only ever made racing games, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to be working on a new ExciteTruck at some point. I'm not saying this press release is real — it certainly doesn't look it — but I wouldn't be surprised if we're catching big online air in early 2008.

I too love ExciteTruck, the only thing I wish they'd done is a more in-depth multiplayer. Online would be great of course, but just at home it could be so much better, for example computer players, tournaments, and two player crush would just be amazing just like destruction derby. So I hope in the second one (if there is to be one) these things are incorporated.

Equally as funny as people who believe anything they're told is real are the people who would blindly accept that the country of Belgium didn't exist and was in fact an elaborate hoax if a site like gonintendo ran an "it's fake" post.

Stars Catalogue stuff. Internet Channel. Everybody Votes, and presumably future channels as well. You can complain about these things if you want, but personally I'd rather have them than not.

By the looks of things Monster Games have only ever made racing games, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to be working on a new ExciteTruck at some point. I'm not saying this press release is real — it certainly doesn't look it — but I wouldn't be surprised if we're catching big online air in early 2008.

yeah they have only ever made racing games:

* 1998 - Viper Racing (PC)

* 2000 - NASCAR Heat (PC)

* 2001 - NASCAR Heat 2002 (PlayStation 2, Xbox)

* 2002 - NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (GameCube, PlayStation 2)

* 2004 - Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (PlayStation 2, Xbox)

* 2006 - Excite Truck (Wii)

Guess what you say about free stuff is true, but it's hardly setting the world a like, its not like the Gears of War new multiplayer modes, which are free (for now)..

Excite truck 2 may be real but this verstion using miis etc its BS.

Well seen as in Super Mario Smash Strikers orr whatever the game is, they use miis as your friend code is attached to your mii for a particular game.

Well seen as in Super Mario Smash Strikers orr whatever the game is, they use miis as your friend code is attached to your mii for a particular game.

It would make a lot of sense for Nintendo to just use the Mii as the avatar and..well...characature (sp?) for your friend code. So, the Mii would contain the friend code. That way, it would also link in nicely with the Address Book system. So, the Mii would be the Friend Code for all games, if you get me. Universal.