Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Meeting Women

That Guy

I know straight away before posting this thread that most people will say get yourself out to a club, but I thought I'd see if any of you can give any advice/stories of how you met our girlfriend etc.

I've never been good with women, and I never had loads of girlfriends at school. I don't get out a whole lot and I probably have as many internet friends as real life friends.

What i'm really asking is where is the best place to meet women other than clubs/bars etc? I don't like clubbing that much, and when I do go out you can't really have a conversation with someone cus the music is so loud.

My problem is, since leaving school, and then splitting up with my girlfriend, I never really go anywhere where I could meet someone.

So, post advice / stories whatever.

Over to you agony aunt wanabes. : peace:

Guest Jordan

I met my girlfriend on here :p

In all seriousness though, i'm sure alot of the girls will vouch for this... alot of females are complete bitches who enjoy playing with a guys feelings.

Women!?.......what are these things you call women?

the nearest thing i've got to one of those things is pr0n and dating sims....which is pretty sad if you think about it :(

besides the only things women are good for are sex, cleaning and taking care of the young'uns while your out all night getting plasterd

I've been out with 2 and a half girls (don't ask), and I met them all in school.

Now, here is a valuable lesson, dude. Friends are very important. Why? Because, just say you have two friends. Well, chances are, they'll know other people, and those people will know other people, and then each of those people will know other people.

Any get-togethers that get arranged, go to them. It's all about putting yourself out there. If your mates are going out somewhere (not neccessarily a club, could be a trip or something, anything), go with them.

I went out yesterday for a friend of my friend's birthday, and I met this really nice lass there, and maybe that could turn into something. I've also got friendly with another person. I wouldn't know them both if it weren't for yesterday.

Women!?.......what are these things you call women?

the nearest thing i've got to one of those things is pr0n and dating sims....which is pretty sad if you think about it :(

That's not true. What about that girlfriend you used to have who ran away from you?

I've been out with 2 and a half girls (don't ask), and I met them all in school.

Now, here is a valuable lesson, dude. Friends are very important. Why? Because, just say you have two friends. Well, chances are, they'll know other people, and those people will know other people, and then each of those people will know other people.

Any get-togethers that get arranged, go to them. It's all about putting yourself out there. If your mates are going out somewhere (not neccessarily a club, could be a trip or something, anything), go with them.

I went out yesterday for a friend of my friend's birthday, and I met this really nice lass there, and maybe that could turn into something. I've also got friendly with another person. I wouldn't know them both if it weren't for yesterday.

Half a girl? Yeah, know what you're saying. I wish I had been more confident at school, I'd have had loads more girlfriends, or would have met a better one than I did and I'd still be with her now.

Half a girl? Yeah, know what you're saying. I wish I had been more confident at school, I'd have had loads more girlfriends, or would have met a better one than I did and I'd still be with her now.

Well, the half a girl refers to that we actually did get together, but it sorta ended before it got started, haha. Bluddy school relationships.

Actually dude, don't worry. School has come and gone, no use regretting the past. Think to teh future. I met my friend yesterday in clubbing, but think about this: What happens AFTER you go clubbing?

Go outside for a walk, maybe a bite to eat, or just head off to another quiet place. No loud disco music making it impossible for you to talk. ;)

Now, here is a valuable lesson, dude. Friends are very important.

This is true , and may I also add neighbours into this equation.

My first long-term girlfriend was actually sleeping with my neighbour when I first met her. So I befriended my neighbour , went out with them a few times and eventually stole her from him.

My next girlfriend happened to be sleeping with one of my now ex-best friends and I did the same thing again . I have done the same thing to a couple of more friends since , although it's never really been intentional.

Also don't forget that once you land your girlfriend , then her friends are available as a further option.

This is a dangerous strategy though because once you get dumped , you end up wondering why your mates have deserted you and then a long period of celibacy means you end up writing (not very good) dating advice on a Nintendo forum on a Sunday night.

You could also get a dog or a kid (although the latter is a bit difficult without a female) , as women go instantly ga-ga when you are seen as a caring , responsible adult.

What i'm really asking is where is the best place to meet women other than clubs/bars etc? I don't like clubbing that much, and when I do go out you can't really have a conversation with someone cus the music is so loud.

My problem is, since leaving school, and then splitting up with my girlfriend, I never really go anywhere where I could meet someone.

Where? Everywhere! Where is it that you go, that you can't meet someone? As someone said, friends and friends of friends and stuff, maybe go out and make some new friends first too, to have a bigger social circle. Seriously, the only thing that I think is really holding you back is yourself, you can't honestly tell me you never see any women anywhere?

meet friends of yoru friends till you get a large group and go out with them is kinda the natural prgression. then meet some more friends and it all should snowball and you might end up with a girl at the end of it.

I do alot of dancing (ballroom, latin) and I meet a lot of women that way. Most of which are extremely attractive and know exactly how to their bodies. Only problem with this is that you have to work really hard to make sure they don't think your gay off the bat. That never helps your chances.

I do alot of dancing (ballroom, latin) and I meet a lot of women that way. Most of which are extremely attractive and know exactly how to their bodies. Only problem with this is that you have to work really hard to make sure they don't think your gay off the bat. That never helps your chances.

Yes! Never let them think you're gay.

Then, you're in what is known as "The Gay Zone."

It's like the friend zone, but for friends who are gay, who may actually not be gay.

Should one of the 'e's in the topic title be an 'a'? If it's a long-term relationship you're after then I don't really think you can go looking for one as you get too hung up on the idea.

One of my friends used to say how he 'needed a girlfriend', kind of like how someone might say, "I need a new sofa." The idea of furnishing his life was so ingrained in him that he viewed every single female as a potential acquisition, and, well, girls just found the overbearing interest creepy. And like anyone with a really good sofa knows, you never find one when you go out scouring the shops, it's only when you stop looking that the right one jumps out at you.

In any case, my advice would be this: live. Just do things you enjoy doing and share those things with friends. You don't have to sell yourself, you just need to be seen, in my opinion.

Or, as the case may be, not seen. I met my girlfriend over the internet, and I don't think there's any shame in that. It wasn't through one of those dating sites or anything, just from generally drifting around places that interested me. I'm not saying the 'net is the key to everyone's love life, but I think it's a shame everyone looks down on it all the time — the setting might be virtual but the people are still real, so don't discount it out of hand.

It is very easy! A lot of the time is dont worry, be yourself! and it's all about making contact!

e.g. today i was in the shared laundry room (at uni) and just talk to some random girl who apprently knew of me and who i was and i had no clue.

or

walking in on my way to taekwondo, i got stopped by these two blondes, we talked for a bit and they ask for my number. Even though all that i did was just walk past listening to music!

It isnt hard!! The above mentioned siuations is just me going about my daily life!

This thread... is sad. You need to ask advice to get to know people? What the fuck...

Not everyone likes to hang out at the same cafe with people 4 years younger than you all day, everyday. Ahah, I'm jestin, there's nothin wrong with that ^^

Also, I heard they have something called cooties.

I met the girl I am currently intimately seeing through going out to a club with a friends study group. A lot of people I knew there as well, so I was comfortable with the situation. The fact anything happened after that though is somewhat miraculous given both our difficulties expressing feelings.

Anyway, the advice I have is basically just go out and talk to people. Simple. Talk to friends, talk to friends friends, talk to random strangers, any invitation no matter what it is or where it is just go and talk to new people. I know it's difficult at first, but the more you do it the easier it will get. Trust me. Through talking to people and going out more I've got more confidence, women are easier to come by and are also no longer inaccessible through social awkwardness.