Donkey Kong Jet

Retro_Link

Thought I'd start a new thread as there isn't really one already,

New info and First Wii pictures,

57521520070412_122619_0_big.jpg

57521520070412_120628_0_big.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/news19884_dk-bongo-blast-en-images-sur-wii.html

Dk Bongo Blast in images on Wii

Nintendo reveals some images of DK Bongo Blast on Wii in the Japanese magazines Famitsu and Koro Koro Comics. Initially envisaged on GameCube, this play will be thus finally related to Wii and will put in scene celebrates it gorilla of Nintendo which decided to make some races with its band using barrel-jets able to propel it in the airs. Dk Bongo Blast should propose 16 races out of 7 different worlds, and a multijouor mode who can accomodate to 4 players. The exit of the play is scheduled for next 28 June in Japan.

Original Gamecube version Info, Pictures, Videos

http://uk.cube.ign.com/objects/827/827015.html

The latest pictures don't show how the Wii-mote will be used for control, though I guess the most likely option is using the Wii-mote and Nunchuck like drumsticks?

Maybe it also supports the Bongo controller?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't they make a Jungle Beat 2? Loved that game.

Unforunately this game looks like a very dull racer to me and if it still does use the Bongo Controllers then I'm sure the game will be very tiring to play thus preventing the possiblilty of there being multiplayer marathons like past experiences I've had playing Mario Kart with my friends.

Because Jungle Beat team (Nintendo Tokyo) is currently working on Super Mario Galaxy. :)

Then get another team to do it then! Nintendo have good relations with Namco right? Get the Klonoa Team to do it, Jungle Beat and Klonoa felt pretty similar to me, and that's a great thing! (I'm just ranting, this will never happen.)

Then get another team to do it then! Nintendo have good relations with Namco right? Get the Klonoa Team to do it, Jungle Beat and Klonoa felt pretty similar to me, and that's a great thing! (I'm just ranting, this will never happen.)

Good relations with the Namco I have!

Yeah, Namco have been making pretty much all of Nintendo's Donkey Kong GC games for ages now.

It will defintley use the Wii remote IMO, but will be able to connect to the Bongos, as an optional contol method. Doubt it very much they are gonna release the game with bongos, but if you where a Gamecube owner, and owned any Konga titles, Nintendo are givin you a small extra...

Nice timing with this news too, as I was playing Jungle Beat with my younger cosuin all afternoon :heh:

They're wearing bongos, so you don't use them in real life. GENIOUS!

Its just an observation....I think it would be mad for them not to be included when the artwork has a blatent representation of the nintendo bongos strapped to the waist.

If it wasn't meant to use them they could just as easily strapped a jetpack to the characters....other than that, the obvious giveaway would be in the title.

I'm hoping I'm right anyways cos I own 3 sets of em and could do with something to give them more usage.

Control info...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/780/780320p1.html

DK Bongo Blast Resurfaces

Details on the new Wiiified version.

US, April 12, 2007 - Following its sudden disappearance late last year from the GameCube release charts, DK Bongo Blast has at last resurfaced on the pages of the latest Famitsu. As previously reported, the game has taken the Super Paper Mario route and is now due for release on the Wii.

Unlike Super Paper Mario, DK Bongo Blast was scheduled to make use of the GameCube bongo controller peripheral for its controls. The Wii version has been modified to control via the Wiimote and nunchuck. You shake the two devices in turn to accelerate, shaking just one to veer in a particular direction. To jump, you raise the Wiimote and nunchuck together. You can also punch enemies and obstacles and throw barrels; we presume developer Paon has thought up some clever control options for these moves.

The Famitsu article makes no mention of support for the GameCube bongo controller. We presume a decision to not support the peripheral would require a name change.

DK Bongo Blast will feature 16 courses set across 7 worlds, Famitsu reports. Four players will be able to battle via split screen.

A Japanese release is set for 6/28.

So the game has new Wii-mote controls (as predicted), but the name still seems to imply Bongo's can be used!