N-Europe

The most important question of all!

Gizmo

When should I get my 360?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When should I get my 360?

• Now damnit!
    • Wait til after your exams!

I'm getting a 360. I decided. Definately. But.

My exams start in 10days or so, and end two weeks after. I want to get the 360 now, but I fear it might distract me. I could get it afterwards and have it as a sort of "reward". On the other hand, I might get really frustrated, because I know I really want it, and get even more distracted from that. So N-E shall decide for me!

Guest Stefkov

Wait.

1) The prices will probaby drop. There'll be better deals/games that come out. f you get it now you might regret it.

2) (probably) If you wanna do good in the exams dont get it now. I was distracted by my games and I had fun while playing them. Did fine in my english exams because you had to write about crap. I think I could have done better in some subjects if I didnt play. But Im always like that, I just moan to myself I dont do it and I never will.

I second what Takeo said. GCSEs aren't that important at all. Once you get into 6th form you can forget GCSEs ever existed. So I'd get one now.

Having said that, I'm waiting till after exams to get a 360, since A levels are a bit of a different prospect to GCSEs.

I second what Takeo said. GCSEs aren't that important at all. Once you get into 6th form you can forget GCSEs ever existed. So I'd get one now.

Having said that, I'm waiting till after exams to get a 360, since A levels are a bit of a different prospect to GCSEs.

GCSEs are important if you want to get into 6th form in the first place... they're also important if you leave straight after GCSEs to get a job. (I think? I went on to HE...)

The gamer in me says GET IT NOW!

But you shouldn't. It almost derailed my Uni course...well it wasn't that bad, but you should wait and get it as a reward for your hard work. Remember you only really have one shot with your exams...unless you resit, and no one wants to do that!

GCSEs are important if you want to get into 6th form in the first place... they're also important if you leave straight after GCSEs to get a job. (I think? I went on to HE...)

Well it's not that important to do well in GCSEs, as in it doesn't really matter if you get an A* or a C, as long as you get the five Cs and anything else required. Of course if you're getting Cs and Ds then you might need to try hard.

Hmm. All this talk about GCSE's being unimportant is shifting me...I mean, I'm only sitting one Standard Grade exam (SG = Scottish GCSE) which matters, the rest are just prelims for experience and to indicate what level of couse I should be studying. But then again, price drop? Maybe get the elite? Argh, now the question is totally different :p

Hmm. All this talk about GCSE's being unimportant is shifting me...I mean, I'm only sitting one Standard Grade exam (SG = Scottish GCSE) which matters, the rest are just prelims for experience and to indicate what level of couse I should be studying. But then again, price drop? Maybe get the elite? Argh, now the question is totally different :p

Well if you're not sure (which you quite clearly are) then wait. It's the safest option. If you fuck up exams you'll know it not xbox's fault.

after. seriously, you know what it's like with new machines.

take it from a man of experience. If your exams dictate the kind of course you'll go on to, why risk being forced in to a set below your potential? is a 360- something you've managed fine without for a year- worth the bullshit distractions now?