NEurope
triforcemario

Spider-Man 3.

Gamespot has just released the first ever preview for Spider-Man 3 for the Wii, which includes a bunch of beautiful looking screenshots:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/spiderman3/news.html?sid=6168556&page=1

937803_20070403_screen001.jpg

Finally, it look's like one developer besides Nintendo and Capcom are putting some effort into the graphics department, and at the same time, making a decent game -_-

looks alright yeah...its made by a different developer to the 360 and PS3 versions so hopefully they are putting in the effort...

EDIT:

Just gave the preview a look, here's their take on the web slinging:

In addition to all that, the game puts a new twist on Spidey's webswinging by letting you physically spin his web lines. If you hold down the B button and flick the remote forward, you cast a line at the nearest building and start to swing. Releasing B will make Spidey release his web. You can choose to shoot another with the remote, or hold the Z button on the Nunchuk and flick it to send out a line from Spidey's other hand. Insane? Sort of. Do you look goofy? Yes, a little. Is it fun? Kinda. The mechanic is a little tough to get a handle on initially, especially if you want to go all pro and do the dual-hand webswinging, but it seems like it could be cool once you pick it up.

Hmmm, I can see myself absolutely loving that once I get used to the controls!

The spidey model looks cool but that city looks a lil crappy :/ Great opportunity to utilise the controls well here though.

i really disliked the second one. I really could not see the fuss. the swinging was fun but the rest was not.

Matt Cass*something* (IGN dude) said that the shots were bullshots!

I guess he's talking about lack of jaggies! :grin:

I loved Spiderman 2 so I'm looking into this one, however what I liked about Spiderman2 was just laying back, relaxing...swinging everywhere, grabbing a person, swinging to the top of a sky scraper and kicking him off...but I can't really do that whil relaxing if I have to use the wiimote/nunchuck whenever I wanna swing...may invest in the PS3 version

Apparantly, aside from the obvious graphical differences, the PS2, PSP and Wii versions are quite different from the 360 and PS3 ones. Something to do with mission structures and enemies, I think.

Matt Cass*something* (IGN dude) said that the shots were bullshots!

Well, isn't it nice that we are finally going to see bullshots for Wii games, as Xbox 360 / PS3 games have got them from the beginning?

Well, isn't it nice that we are finally going to see bullshots for Wii games, as Xbox 360 / PS3 games have got them from the beginning?
And Ubisoft always did them :indeed:

Wow little to no textures on the bland building models. Nice character modelling though. That green car looks like a cardboard cut-out with the jagged outlining, ah well early days. I think the swing mechanic - if implemeted well - could be revitalising for the series; on the Wii at least. It's a game suited perfectly to the Wiimote/nunchuck combination so i hope they really nail the controls.

I'm quite looking forward to this, and if I do buy it it will be on the Wii, not 360. I can live with boxy graphics so long as the controls work well; web slinging is the entire point of the Spider-Man series, after all.

IGN really seem to think in reality it looks a lot worse than the screenshots being put out in their Wii-k in review and there's no reason to doubt them. I have a feeling what that means is the Spiderman model isn't quite as pretty, there's far more aliasing, perhaps a bad framerate, etc.

Well what I still don't understand is why Wii developers have to use Bullshots. The damn console is a lot better than the Gamecube and still I don't see any decent FSAA.

IGN really seem to think in reality it looks a lot worse than the screenshots being put out in their Wii-k in review and there's no reason to doubt them. I have a feeling what that means is the Spiderman model isn't quite as pretty, there's far more aliasing, perhaps a bad framerate, etc.

Theres an interview (Gamespot) about Spiderman 3 Wii that shows some gameplay, you can't tell if has aliasing problems, but i didnt see any framerate problems!

Bullshots?! hehe, good use of words.

Looking good.

Yeah, cool sounding control method.

The question is, would the wii version appeal more than the HD edition?

i'm looking forward to this, if it has the sandbox nature of spiderman 2, this kind of thing interests me far more than godfather and scarface...

I love the wii, i really do.

But it's the PS3 version for me.

Thats probably why they made them into different games, rather than the same with different graphics.

Thats probably why they made them into different games, rather than the same with different graphics.

Yeah if we were just getting the same version no-one (average gamer) in their right mind would pick this over a HD version. They;d obviously want the version that looks the most like the movie...