NEurope
triforcemario

Spider-Man 3.

In other words it sucks..*waits for people to defend it*

I think 'rushed' would be a better description, although I realise the two aren't mutually exclusive. From the sounds of things the game's biggest downfall is a near complete lack of polish — glitches, bad loading times, unstable framerate, etcetera — so given a month or two more in development it could have been a far better game.

Licenses don't ruin games, deadlines do.

fucking hell, can't believe this got so shit across all systems, it was looking and sounding great... some people are amazing at lying.

I liked ult spider-man more than spiderman 2...i didnt really like spiderman 2 much at all..I still don't understand why they have that voice that tells u how to move and swing and stuff...totally ruined it in the frist 5 min i wanted him to shut up so bad...please tell me that voice isnt in spiderman 3 and i will prob buy it...ok so i prob wont..give me a cel shaded comic book spiderman...those controls would of worked so well on wii to..they should just port ult spiderman...ok rant is done

I liked ult spider-man more than spiderman 2...i didnt really like spiderman 2 much at all..I still don't understand why they have that voice that tells u how to move and swing and stuff...totally ruined it in the frist 5 min i wanted him to shut up so bad...please tell me that voice isnt in spiderman 3 and i will prob buy it...ok so i prob wont..give me a cel shaded comic book spiderman...those controls would of worked so well on wii to..they should just port ult spiderman...ok rant is done

What? You don't like Bruce Campbell? I love his voice overs.

getting it for birthday so no real loss but frankly i love spiderman 2 and dont care about graphics so

Hmm too bad IGN gave the game just a mere 5.7. Imo the game deserves this grade if you only look at the quality, yes, it's not polished, that's true. But it ís fun if you like spider-man. My only real problem with this game is that I've almost finished it :( If I finish it before monday I'll return it to the shop, why wouldn't I when I'm done with the game? :p (me love 14-day return warranty ^^ )

So all in all this looks more like a rental to me. Rent the game, play it, have fun. Buy it when you couldn't get enough of the web-swinging in SM2.

me love 14-day return warranty

With who would that warranty be with?

With who would that warranty be with?

With Media markt, one of the biggest retailers of consumer electronics in Europe :p Though I don't think they have stores in the UK.

rofl those graphics are horrific
Watch the gameplay videos, it doesn't actually look like that!

It must just be because Spiderman is so high up the game hasn't loaded the window textures yet.

spider-man-3-20070504032237938.jpg

rofl those graphics are horrific

When falling that fast you don't really care/notice.

the graphics were horrible in spidey 2 as well but nowhere near as bad as these. I wouln't care anyway. The music cut out in Spidey 2 as well. It has similiar problems but again i wouln't care. I think it might be an enjoyable game. If you can get over a few things

tbh it seems like alot of you got this game assured it wud be good and as a result were willing to take the risk of buying it without reading a good review... seems like ur defending this game in a desperate manour now the reality has turned out, that its pretty crap and u prolli have wasted 40 pounds of hard earned cash...

I'm defending the game because I actually like the game. You haven't played it, so you're opinion of it being crap isn't worth a lot.

i dont need too ^ it looks crap, i know the sorta games i wud enjoy and this aint 1 of em...

i remember when i bought sonic heroes thinkin it was good without reading a review and it turned out to be a terrible + a waste of money... ur gonna feel that way in a couple of days lol ;)

I hated Sonic Heroes from the moment I started playing it. I struggled with the controls in Spidey 3 in the beginning, but now it feels natural. The game's a bit rough around the edges, but other than that it's plain fun. I guess people either hate or like the game. I'm one of the people that likes it. I guess the reviewers didn't like it. Besides, there are positive reviews as well. A game isn't crap because "it looks crap", but because it's not fun. And I'm having plenty of fun.

lol ;)

well I'm glad I didn't take the risk and get this, may have regreted it, think I'd rather pick up Ultimate Spiderman on the cheap for xbox than this...

think I'd rather pick up Ultimate Spiderman on the cheap for xbox than this...

Do it, best use of the Spiderman franchise to date.

Watch the gameplay videos, it doesn't actually look like that!

It must just be because Spiderman is so high up the game hasn't loaded the window textures yet.

it still has no excuse...

Imagine how it would look without textures applied to all surfaces:

9.jpg

That's a 6 year old game though (and done in 6 months on Gamecube hardware), it's unthinkable to make surfaces like that in 2007. (and RSII allegedly had not only textures but also bump maps in every surface)

Hell... even that crappy Ubisoft game blazing angels seemed to use textures on all surfaces.

blazing-angels-squadrons-of-wwii-20070301041332936.jpg

tbh it seems like alot of you got this game assured it wud be good and as a result were willing to take the risk of buying it without reading a good review... seems like ur defending this game in a desperate manour now the reality has turned out, that its pretty crap and u prolli have wasted 40 pounds of hard earned cash...

Na...it isn't hard earned

Despite the pop-in and the textures, I'm having fun with the game, it does feel a bit gimped but its still sorta fun

I'm defending the game because I actually like the game. You haven't played it, so you're opinion of it being crap isn't worth a lot.

it is CRAP jesus everything points to it!

Just admit that you bought a bad game

i dont need too ^ it looks crap, i know the sorta games i wud enjoy and this aint 1 of em...

i remember when i bought sonic heroes thinkin it was good without reading a review and it turned out to be a terrible + a waste of money... ur gonna feel that way in a couple of days lol ;)

So true. People defended sonic heroes as well and that was the worst game i have ever played.

From the looks of it the game is impossible to recommend

it is CRAP jesus everything points to it!

Just admit that you bought a bad game

So true. People defended sonic heroes as well and that was the worst game i have ever played.

From the looks of it the game is impossible to recommend

Goddammit, I like the game, is that a problem for you?

haha ok sorry i went too far again.

ok mayeb if you can get over everything then the game is good

I'm buying the game today, looking forward to it.

I also liked sonic heroes :indeed: seriously.

I'm actually enjoying this game now I'm into it. Although I dont see myself coming back to it as much as with Spiderman2. You cant pick up enemies, go up to the tallest building, jump and boot them off in this game :(

Well personally I won't be getting this, the reviews have really put me off. And that screen shot that shows the bridge only going across half the way... If I hadn't read the reviews I would no doubt have enjoyed it more, but the criticism I have read has just put me off, Gonintendo have even run a news article on how bad it was...