NEurope
triforcemario

Spider-Man 3.

So, I gave in and bought the game. I'm still struggling with the controls, the fighting in particular. I'll get used to it I guess.

After doing 3 hits spidy will stall, do a dodge move and then continue bashing/waving. Doing this made combat much easier for me.

After doing 3 hits spidy will stall, do a dodge move and then continue bashing/waving. Doing this made combat much easier for me.

Thanks for the tip. I've gotten the hang of the controls, and I have to say it's a really fun game!

My issue with the controls is because my brain is still set on the Cube controls from the second one. I always hold Z torun and so when in battle, instead of holding L to run like in the gamecube game, the left index finger presses and holds z and I fly off the building

Oh the irony, my 360 just broke. Guess I will be getting the Wii version from somewhere then.

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if you can return sealed copies of games to a GameStation store if you bought it online, ala GAME?

Oh the irony, my 360 just broke. Guess I will be getting the Wii version from somewhere then.

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if you can return sealed copies of games to a GameStation store if you bought it online, ala GAME?

My local Gamestation wouldn't. He said 'You may have knicked that' and 'Now your on camera'...etc..etc..

Me and my mum just started laughing and demanded he apologised. :laughing:

So the answer to your question is no, i'm afraid Gamestation do not take sealed games..even with a invoice or something, i doubt they do it..

You might as well check though, as that could have just been my crumby store! :D

Yep, like I said before, you can't really buttonbash like in the previous games (at least that's what I always did ;) ). The game is getting really fun now and the web swinging is great, the motion controls rock :) I'm pretty amazed by the graphics too, but that's probably because I wasn't expecting anything at all on that aspect.

Would you say the graphics are better or worse than Sonic?

I'm a bit annoyed about the 5 story missions instead of 10, the no free roaming in sewers, no swimming and the lack of 480p and 16:9.

Wait, this version doesn't have the sewer free roaming or any of that?

MAn i am definitely getting the 360 version. One question though, is the WEb slinging motion like i'd imagine it to be?

Quick question, will playing the game ruin then film? I haven't bought the 360 game yet cus I want to see the film first.

MAn i am definitely getting the 360 version. One question though, is the WEb slinging motion like i'd imagine it to be?

It's awesome. Much better than the swinging in the 360 version IMO.

ONM Review:

It gets worse. While the Wii-implemented controls aren't that bad, the awful glitchiness of Spider-Man's overall movement is unforgivable, the missions do nothing to create the kind of excitement you'd expect from a superhero action game and the movie-related boss battles are rubbish because they're not woven into the game experience at all.

For a game that is guaranteed to sell hundreds of thousands, this is a shambles. It smacks of a rush job that's been bunged out to coincide with the film's release, simply because the whole thing feels totally unfinished. Dreadful.

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_030507_spider.html

41%? ouch, and it's not even going along what is being said about it in this thread.

Who cares about missions in spider man games? It's all about swingin throughout the town to your heart's desire.

i reckon activision rushed its development in order to tie in with the films release date and knew it was bad, so paid reviewers to delay there reviews, until after the release date.

Why pay reviewers when they can just hold back review copies?

Anyone else's left hand (or right if you're lefthanded...basically nuchuck hand) feel sore after a short amount of time, or is it just because im unaccustomed (?) to the Wii still?

IGN Gave the PS2 version (port of the Wii version) 3.5/10

The 360 version got 6/10

I haven't started playing it yet but reading through other forums generally if you liked Spiderman 2 you will like this. It hasn't really improved that much from the previous game.

The Wii version is identical to the PS2 version apart from the motion controls and slightly better graphics so perhaps that score will be slightly higher but not above 7 from the IGN Wii section

aw well what did ye expect. The other one was over-rated as it was.

i think it's time to admit that VV are the worst developers ever. they seem to ruin everything they touch

aw well what did ye expect. The other one was over-rated as it was.

i think it's time to admit that VV are the worst developers ever. they seem to ruin everything they touch

Are you fucking insane? Have you ever played one of their portable Tony Hawk games? And I like Spidey 3, as do many others.

Are you fucking insane? Have you ever played one of their portable Tony Hawk games? And I like Spidey 3, as do many others.

ha almost teh only good thing they ever made and yes they are good.

i hate them for wrecking crash bandicoot. Lol at nitro kart

wow spiderman 2 on ds sucked like hell too

Their port of doom 3 sucked too

a large list of crap on the gba too.

i guess they are not the worst but you can never depend on them either. Over the hedge was well received i guess but honestly nitro kart hurt me the most.

I do like this game, but I agree with IGN on some bits. It feels sort of gimped

Won't be seeing the film till Monday so holding off getting the game, but basically just want to ask, Wii controls, web-slinging in particular, will it make me feel like spiderman like i hope it will?

And how does it actually work, do you have to press/hold a button while doing the motion, or is it just the motion?

How sensitive is it, do you need to do a big movement or do short/small movement also work just as good?

5.7 from the IGN wii side http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/785/785713p2.html.

Slightly better because of the swinging controls.

Here's an example of the graphics:

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/785/785713/spider-man-3-20070504032237938.jpg

IGN 360 have called it "Spiderman 2 with slightly better graphics"

Now we know the real reason why there where no reviews about untill today... the game is crap on all formats and Activision didnt want any gamers knowing this untill the brought the game.