NEurope
triforcemario

Spider-Man 3.

Yeah if we were just getting the same version no-one (average gamer) in their right mind would pick this over a HD version. They;d obviously want the version that looks the most like the movie...

Well....unless they lacked a HD console.

well of course, which is the case with me at the moment..

And a HDTV, or simply wanted Wii controls, in the end if they were really fans of the game and both were good, they could consider both.

If Wii used a regular controller it would be a no brainer of course.

This looks worse visually than the last few games to me...don't the Gamecube titles usually have reflections on the buildings like the Xbox one? The buildings here looked PS2 level.

I bought Spiderman 2 on my xbox one day because I just needed to make up numbers for some sort of 2 for £20 offer, and it turned out to be a bloody fantastic game. I reckon I'll be getting this too then, but I might a few months for the price to drop or something, I've got a few other games to play in the meanwhile anyway, wanna try and get some completion going on this summer. Might also wait to see how good it is with the wii controls...

DAMN!!!

Just looked at the release schedule, and SM 3 and FF3 are out on same day!!

How the hell am I going to choose?:weep:

I really like Spider-man (read the comics, seen the tv show & movies and played both previous-gen games + some oldies) but while I'm still considering to buy a 360 once it's price has been dropped (gotta happen some time, the system's been out for more than a year now!) I won't buy this game unless it's grades will surpass those of the 360/PS3 version, which I doubt. The swinging controls look nice, but it's still the same game compared to the PS3 and 360 versions and those are in HD and just have better visuals. Sounds to me like a better deal since they all cost the same.

I really like Spider-man (read the comics, seen the tv show & movies and played both previous-gen games + some oldies) but while I'm still considering to buy a 360 once it's price has been dropped (gotta happen some time, the system's been out for more than a year now!) I won't buy this game unless it's grades will surpass those of the 360/PS3 version, which I doubt. The swinging controls look nice, but it's still the same game compared to the PS3 and 360 versions and those are in HD and just have better visuals. Sounds to me like a better deal since they all cost the same.

So, you're saying:

Wii Version: Same game, but with motion controls.

Xbox360/PS3 Version: Same game, but in HD.

In all honesty, if you see it like that, why would you want either?

But it's NOT the same game at all - the PS2/Wii version is totally different to the 360/PS3 version.

But it's NOT the same game at all - the PS2/Wii version is totally different to the 360/PS3 version.

It's not? Hmm, then I have to go check some previews, the ones I read until now were about SM3 for all versions and not very specific so I assumed they were all pretty much the same. Thanks! :bowdown:

This looks worse visually than the last few games to me...don't the Gamecube titles usually have reflections on the buildings like the Xbox one? The buildings here looked PS2 level.

I thought the same, but I was hoping it's just because of the way that was all captured.

It looked terrible compared to spiderman 2's graphics on the xbox, and for something that is supposedly more powerful than the xbox, I expect better too. I won't be getting this until I have it confirmed that it doesn't look like shit. I'm not normally a graphics over gameplay person, but I think the reason I liked the xbox version is because it looked nice(the gameplay was a wee bit repetative)

The game is out in less than 5 days and I haven't encountered a single review yet. Where are they? :confused:

I guess they try to hold the reviews back so they can make more sales. Because if the reviews turn out bad after the good Spider-Man 2 many people won't bother buying it.

I just noticed that the Wii/PS2 version is made by a different developer than the 360/PS3 version.

..I have never been into Spiderman but my girl wants to go see Spiderman 3 some time so I bought Spiderman (£3.97) and Spiderman 2 (£4) on DVD to watch at the weekend as well as Spiderman 1 & 2 for the Gamecube which should arrive in the next couple of days (together for £11.28 delivered)

..I have never been into Spiderman but my girl wants to go see Spiderman 3 some time so I bought Spiderman (£3.97) and Spiderman 2 (£4) on DVD to watch at the weekend as well as Spiderman 1 & 2 for the Gamecube which should arrive in the next couple of days (together for £11.28 delivered)

The first two films are great, and the second game is brilliant. Bargin for those prices!

I guess they try to hold the reviews back so they can make more sales. Because if the reviews turn out bad after the good Spider-Man 2 many people won't bother buying it.

I think so too, I've been looking for reviews on the net and couldn't find any :( But all previews are very positive (just check em out on http://www.gamestats.com) so I think it's a safe buy if you liked the prevous Spider-man games. It still sucks that there aren't any reviews though :p

The game is out in less than 5 days and I haven't encountered a single review yet. Where are they? :confused:

As stupid as this might sound, the reason is most likely so that the film's plot isn't uncovered through the game. You'll note that in previews the journalists weren't allowed to progress down certain mission paths to avoid spoilers.

Of course it's pretty pointless as this sort of thing always gets out; I can pretty much guarantee there's pirate versions of both game and film available.

Just pre-ordered this. I loved Spiderman 2 on the cube. Hope this doesnt disappoint

Give it until friday. They dont want it spoiling the movie ratings. For some reason i think they think that if the film gets bad press then the game wcould still do well but not the other way around...

Give it until friday. They dont want it spoiling the movie ratings. For some reason i think they think that if the film gets bad press then the game wcould still do well but not the other way around...

Thats never stopped the other movie tie-ins, and people remembering SM 2's quality will most likely get this regardless of reviews anyway.

On a side note, the Daily Star seems to be giving away 25 Wiis with Spiderman 3 copies. A predent of the game's quality as its choice over the 360/PS3 versions, or are those guys just cheapskates?