NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Its another example of how games developers are not script writers. Its not the worse example, but when compared to say, Eternal Darkness RE4 is quite cheesy.

Its another example of how games developers are not script writers. Its not the worse example, but when compared to say, Eternal Darkness RE4 is quite cheesy.

Resident Evil is supposed to be cheesy. And it does it brilliantly.

"NO THANKS...BRO"

So I started it playing it on Professional today. I'm used to playing it on Normal, but thought "why the hell not". Man, the increased difficulty makes it feel as if I'm playing the game for the first time again. Awesome, that tense feeling I had when playing the game on the Cube for the first time is back.

I decided to start playing the game again today ( been on a bit of a break from it) and it was an intense hour and a half. :D

Should complete the game tomorrow. This is my first time through it cant wait to try professional mode. :)

I started off being hunted by Spikey regenarators and ended my gaming session by killing that big thing on the Island where you fight it in a cage as you realise each cage into the ravine below. Great stuff!! :grin:

I just played this game for the first timel, ever on the PS2. The movement sucks! Is it possible to shoot or use your knife while walking/running in the Wii version? Also is the camera a little more speedy?

I just played this game for the first timel, ever on the PS2. The movement sucks! Is it possible to shoot or use your knife while walking/running in the Wii version? Also is the camera a little more speedy?
PS2 is the worse version, but one of the problems you talk of hasn't been addressed, you can't walk and shoot on the Wii, but aiming on PS2 is totally broken, whereas it works just fine on GC and even better on the Wii.

Camera is faster on the wii version, yes, you go back and forth from third person to over the shoulder aim a lot faster.

PS2 is the worse version, but one of the problems you talk of hasn't been addressed, you can't walk and shoot on the Wii, but aiming on PS2 is totally broken, whereas it works just fine on GC and even better on the Wii.

Camera is faster on the wii version, yes, you go back and forth from third person to over the shoulder aim a lot faster.

Ah, thats very annoying. If only you could shoot while walking it would make it perfect.

But, as you said the aiming on the PS2 version is terrible, when you move the camera is very slow to follow round you too. Good to hear the camera/aiming is better. I just wish the walk/shoot thing was sorted.

Thanks for the quick response!

if you could walk and shoot at the same time this game would be worthless. you can't strafe for the same reason. the game lays out a certain pattern in wich you can act to progress. and the entire game is build around this certain pattern. like on a chessboard, it would be much more easy if your pawn could jump five squares forward. but it just isn't that kind of game.

if you could walk and shoot at the same time this game would be worthless. you can't strafe for the same reason. the game lays out a certain pattern in wich you can act to progress. and the entire game is build around this certain pattern. like on a chessboard, it would be much more easy if your pawn could jump five squars forward. but it just isn't that kind of game.

Hmm, you make sense I suppose. (damn!).

I need to just get used to it I think.

That chess analogy was a great one, Fanelia. You are given certain tools and you must manage with them. Movement is the same.

I still can't pull myself into starting Professional mode, and finishing Mercenaries up...

I still can't pull myself into starting Professional mode, and finishing Mercenaries up...

Me neither and I have it since Christmas 2005...

Once again I've lost intrest in the castle.

Really? But the castle is awesome (especially the hedge maze) and it's pretty short too (you can through it in aboit 2 hours).

And for ANYONE who hasn't play professional mode yet, DO IT! It's like playing the game for the first time again (really, it's that tense).

Finally, if you could move and shoot the game would be awful. Would completely ruin the level design and the AI (which is awesome).

After playing this game for years I discovered something new today.

If you shoot the church bell at the graveyard it makes enemies appear, never knew that.

The castle has all the claustrophobic sense that the Resident Evil games were built on, I think it feels like a nice change from being in the open village to the cramped castle.

It also makes you appreciate the Island more when you eventually get back out into the open.

I'm a little disappointed with the game's blood and gore. It's just not that "intense".

read somewhere that in the us version of re4 you don't have difficulty settings. any truth to that? i don't understand why. i suppose medium difficulty would be the standard. but medium really is rather easy. and easy really is a piss. there is also an amateur option on the non-us ps2 versions, even more easy than easy. that doesn't make any fucking sense. how easy can this game get. in my opinion pro is the standard. only pro does the series survival horror roots justice. the rest is a james bond flick; grab a gun and kill everything in sight. on pro you will be dodging like a nancy. and concidering leon's haircut that's a given. great fucking game.

so i was just playing seperate ways, some golden watch falls into a heap of shit and the bitch in the red dress refuses to pick it up. how about that. finally a video game character with balls, and... you know... it's a girl. she could have been hotter though. i don't know, she seems a bit stretched. i'm fine with the smaller tits, as i have been enduring small tits my entire fucking life, but her ass could use some more volume.

so this is what it should have been;

92808-22-1.jpg

but for some reason the in-game model is nowhere like that. and what's with the broad shoulders? isn't an oldskool tommy machinegun and a massive bodycount masculine enough?

Ok, I'm going to get round to finishing this game. Various things interrupted me so far, but I want to get it done before Bioshock comes out. I've been avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers, so excuse me if it's been answered, but I would just like to know: All the treasures I find (such as the crowns, bangles, hourglass, etc) do they have any purpose other than for selling to make money? I've so far avoided selling most of them incase they had some other purpose, but I fear I might just be making the game harder for myself buy not tuning my weapons as much etc. I know about setting items into others, like the catseyes and the crowns. Is there anything else to worry about, or should I sell the lot and tune the hell up?

Also, I'm on Act 4.3. How many more are there? Again, I don't want to check anywhere else in case it gets spoiled, since I missed it on GC this is my first playthrough.

@Gizmo: You can safely sell all your treasures. Their only purpose is to make money. There are six more chapters after 4-3. The second last chapter is 5-4 while the final chapter is called, you guessed it, Final Chapter.

I've started playing yesterday. Is it me or does the game play easier than the GC version? Im playing on Normal now. In the first section in the village. I remember there was that crazy chainsaw guy. There's nothing like it. After a certain amount of time, the bell rings and they leave the village.

I didnt go in the house with the Shotgun though, perhaps that's what will trigger it? Or should I play on a harder level?

I've started playing yesterday. Is it me or does the game play easier than the GC version? Im playing on Normal now. In the first section in the village. I remember there was that crazy chainsaw guy. There's nothing like it. After a certain amount of time, the bell rings and they leave the village.

I didnt go in the house with the Shotgun though, perhaps that's what will trigger it? Or should I play on a harder level?

Bagman only appears when you walk into the house. The bell rings once you've killed a certain amount of bad guys.

@Gizmo: You can safely sell all your treasures. Their only purpose is to make money. There are six more chapters after 4-3. The second last chapter is 5-4 while the final chapter is called, you guessed it, Final Chapter.

Thanks, thats a relief. I'm starting to lose ammo slowly. My rifle hasn't been above 10 for awhile! Some extra firepower should help me out:yay: