NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Wait are BOTH the costumes not in cutscenes in the Wii version? In the Gamecube version you had the RPD uniform in cutscenes because it was the only special outfit on that version and all Gamecube cutscenes were rendered in real time. On the PS2 there wasn't because the cutscenes were all videos exported from the Gamecube version.

Special 1 is in the cutscenes, special 2 isn't.

According to a Capcom exec RE4: Wii will exceed it's target of 420k units.

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/consumerproducts-SP/idUSN1229896920070712

That must be good news for more support from Capcom.

That is very good news, apparently it's sold over 300,000 copies in it's first week in the US alone. Good sales for a game this old. I reckon this will lead to them considering RE5 seriously for the Wii

That is very good news, apparently it's sold over 300,000 copies in it's first week in the US alone. Good sales for a game this old. I reckon this will lead to them considering RE5 seriously for the Wii

It sold well so far. but 300K is a bit optimistic for one week in the US :P

According to vgchartz is around 160K in 3 weeks. I know, i may not be the most accurate one, but still a good indication. In Japan it has sold around 85K, so that makes 245K sold already. I dont know about other Europe, but im experiencing some "sold out" cases online for that game. Its either wait or pay more at a regular store.

Still, if Capcom expects RE4 to exceed its original shipment, that definitely is a good sign. Now come and bring us some real games Capcom!

The game was in the top 10 for the UK charts, and at number 4 in the German charts, IIRC. It's doing great in Europe as well.

Well finally got hold of this today after finally being able to afford it. I have been a massive Resi fan since the first title, but the year this originally came out I was out of gaming big style and ever since I got back into gaming been planning to get it, but so many other games got in the way. So now I've got some cash just had to get it.I am LOVING it so far, controls are taking a bit of getting used to but just a really good atmospherical, deep, enthralling game.

Damn my Resi 4 didn't arrive today when it was suppose to.

Got it sent yesterday recorded delivery so it should of been here today and there's no red slip or anything saying it tried to get delivered.Oh well just need to wait till Monday and if it doesn't arrive i'll have to kick some ass.

Damn my Resi 4 didn't arrive today when it was suppose to.

Got it sent yesterday recorded delivery so it should of been here today and there's no red slip or anything saying it tried to get delivered.Oh well just need to wait till Monday and if it doesn't arrive i'll have to kick some ass.

Probably got held up because of the postal strike yesterday.

Loving Pro mode, but I didn’t realize…

…choosing special costume 2 made Ashley invincible!

:o

I was kind of worried about doing all those difficult parts where you have to protect her on Pro but not anymore.

In fact, she has become like something of a weapon for me now, as I just let the Ganado’s try to capture her and when they fall over after trying to pick her up I let em’ have it with the knife!...

…great way to conserve ammunition. :grin:

Yeah i thought the special costume 2 was awesome as well, and the animation with leon catching ashley made me laugh out loud,

I personally dont think pro mode is that hard once you have at least one gun upgraded to max and having the hand cannon and stand by never hurts :P

Yeah i thought the special costume 2 was awesome as well, and the animation with leon catching ashley made me laugh out loud,

I personally dont think pro mode is that hard once you have at least one gun upgraded to max and having the hand cannon and stand by never hurts :P

Well obviously having a fully maxed out gun and the best gun in the game would help :heh:

Try doing all of pro without visiting the merchant. That's hard!

Or even harder is when I got to chapter 3-2 and only used the standard handgun (not upgraded once). Damn near impossible!

Well obviously having a fully maxed out gun and the best gun in the game would help :heh:

Try doing all of pro without visiting the merchant. That's hard!

Or even harder is when I got to chapter 3-2 and only used the standard handgun (not upgraded once). Damn near impossible!

Damn! And you passed the Big Water Room just at the end of 3-1 with only the handgun unupgraded?? I have trouble with that room even with normal upgraded weapons! I'm talking Round 1 of course, when I played Round 2 it was a piece of cake.

Anyway, I only played this game twice... I have it for GC but don't really share the rest of the world's non-ending enthusiasm... I mean, it's a great game, but I just can't fathom playing it 20 rounds! When I finish Zelda TP I am considering going back to RE4 though, cause I'd like to gather money to buy the Chicago Typewriter. And since it's been more than a year since I last played the game, it shouldn't be that boring.

Probably got held up because of the postal strike yesterday.

There was a postal strike? When did that happen and how long? News to me.

wuhhhuuuuuuu!!! I spend weeks on the old version trying to get 5 stars with leon on the level with the 2 chainsaw guys (Mercenaries).. I gave up ind the end because I was very afraid that I would actually throw my GameCub out the window.. now I just did it on my third attemp with the new controls... ahhhhh thats a load of my soul.. it's only leon I had trouble with.. the others never gave me any grief

wuhhhuuuuuuu!!! I spend weeks on the old version trying to get 5 stars with leon on the level with the 2 chainsaw guys (Mercenaries).. I gave up ind the end because I was very afraid that I would actually throw my GameCub out the window.. now I just did it on my third attemp with the new controls... ahhhhh thats a load of my soul.. it's only leon I had trouble with.. the others never gave me any grief

You mean the two Dr. Salvadors on Waterworld? Yeah Leon can't do that level for shit, especially on GC.

Where was the disk split on the GC version?

Just before you go to the island, if I recall correctly.

Just before you go to the island, if I recall correctly.

Yeah. Ada says 'Need a ride Handsome'? and Leon is like 'Okay...', and then you gtta switch discs.

Guess what arrived for me today :)

A Frenchman in a piñata?

A Frenchman in a piñata?

What the...

How the hell did you get that,I was sure no-one would be able to find out.

Damn Cube,can't believe you go it.

Also he gave me rice crispie treats if I allowed him to stay in my room and have fun.I think it's gonna be a pillow fight :)

What the...

How the hell did you get that,I was sure no-one would be able to find out.

Damn Cube,can't believe you go it.

Also he gave me rice crispie treats if I allowed him to stay in my room and have fun.I think it's gonna be a pillow fight :)

Fellow forumers also have a craving for Rice Crispie treats...is there some sort of Rice Crispie addiction i'm missing out on?

I do like 'Sqaures' though....

Anyway! Are you enjoying Resi 4 Shadowv7? I'm nearing the end and haven't been able to put it down.

Fellow forumers also have a craving for Rice Crispie treats...is there some sort of Rice Crispie addiction i'm missing out on?

Anyway! Are you enjoying Resi 4 Shadowv7? I'm nearing the end and haven't been able to put it down.

I made some kick-ass Rice Krispie squares the other day. Kick-ass.

I might get Resi 4 since I sold the GC one before playing it. Long story.

I made some kick-ass Rice Krispie squares the other day. Kick-ass.

I might get Resi 4 since I sold the GC one before playing it. Long story.

It was you! Yeah you told me you were baking some on the day of the conference.

:grin:

Loving this game so much, just done the bit where you fit the three chainsaw nutters! Loving this game so much, just don't want it end!

Ohh I'm a fan of 'Squares' aswell,love em.

I'm loving it aswell,just in the area where you see the merchant for the first time.I remember seeing a guy dressed up as him on ultra 64 so I laughed when I seen him in the game.

I love this though,used the shotgun here for the first time,I can feel the power >.<

In the area of the merchant i've died twice cause of the friggen bombs,I thought it would be cool to storm in a house with my shotgun and pull a reggie but it totally back fired :heh: