NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Top Five? Hmmm I think it was good, but not even the best game of the last generation, that goes to Metroid Prime. Maybe in my Top ten:

In no particular order....

Metroid Prime

Super Mario World

Mario 64

Resident Evil 4

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Command and Conquer

LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Goldeneye

Super Mario Kart

Tetris

I had left a second round of RE4 hanging since last year and I finished that one 2 or 3 days ago and then I decided to actually play the game from start to finish without a 1 year gap in between, so I finished Round 3 tonight.

Anyone agree with me that the scariest chapter in this game is Chapter 3-4 (the one you play as Ashley)? Having those knights following you at high speed (they DO move fucking fast!) in the dark as you navigate several corners really pumps my blood. Especially if you try stopping and turning to see them coming at you. Reminds me of a shot in The Terminator when they close the factory door on the exoskeleton.

This chapter is also, in my opinion, the closest that this game gets to the original formula, since you don't have firepower so you have to flee the enemies (in the others you had so little ammo, it accounts as little firepower) and it's all dark and claustrophobic. The Regenerators and Iron Maidens also give that classic feeling of slow terror.

i managed to complete it last night, at 4am much to the annoyance of my girl! I very quickly had a go on seperate ways, and Ada moves like a fox!

The pacing of this game is superb.

I can't wait to play through Seperate Ways, i'm nearing the end of the main game, but actually forgot how lengthy it actually is.

I'm sensing the game is coming to an end and I really don't want it to.

Don't worry. You've got Professional Mode yet and Seperate ways. Assignment Ada and The Mercenaries are also great :)

Got this game last week and finished the main story and Separate Ways as of yesterday, was awesome! I am an avid fan of Resident Evil and haven't had the chance to play any version of it until the Wii, which makes me glad I didn't buy the GC version during winter and got the REmake instead, which to me is a separate game from the PS1 version. I love how the controls worked and it made headshots and shooting dynamite really fun. I only hope they don't neglect the old style in some of the future games, as I do also enjoy the tense, slow, and ammo conserving method, as it makes me jump in shock more.

Ive been trying to get hold of this game for a week now, and every store ive checked in Tamworth, Birmingham and also the trafford centre in Manchester, have sold out. Play.com have also sold out, so have HMV and Gameplay have it on back order which takes a week!

Anyone know where i can get a copy?

Surely its not THAT good?

Stores where I live have many copies, its strange that most places have sold out then?

yeah its crazy, everywhere seems to have sold out. Even tried that n-shop and they have sold out too.

Dexter - have you tried the site:

find-games.co.uk?

They give you a list of places where a game is in stock - granted many of the sites they feature I have never heard of or used but it still might be worth a try. I just looked and the only place where you can get RE4 Wii quickly would be tesco.com where they say you should have it within a week.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Went into Town yesterday and noticed both Gamestation and Game were out of stock.

If they ordered more copies i swear it'd sell WAY more. I don't think i've ever seen the GC version in a store...ever.

If they ordered more copies i swear it'd sell WAY more. I don't think i've ever seen the GC version in a store...ever.

I got the GameCube one (used) in a GameStation in January for £18. Never completed it then sold it for £20.

Whooooooo!!!!!*

*Oooops wrong thread... please delete!!

Go to edit (advanced mode), there's a delete button at the top of that page.

Dexter - have you tried the site:

find-games.co.uk?

They give you a list of places where a game is in stock - granted many of the sites they feature I have never heard of or used but it still might be worth a try. I just looked and the only place where you can get RE4 Wii quickly would be tesco.com where they say you should have it within a week.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Thanks very much mate, appriciate the help.:smile:

Go to edit (advanced mode), there's a delete button at the top of that page.

He can't since you've posted.You acn only delete your post if no one else has replied.

Also I spent along session playing this yesterday.Got the Rocket Launcher :heh:

Gotta love this game.

For those still in need of Resi Evil 4 Wii Edition, try Choices (The DVD rental store), they have it for £22.99 and if you google for a promotion code, you can probably get 10% off too. I got mine the very next day, I really would recommend them for some games!

Just had a good session on Pro mode, still as hard as i remember on that first play through so many times i've been low on ammo and health and knowing you've got a section with lots of ganados coming is rough.

And for some reason whenever i manage to save herbs and first aids i end up taking loads of hits that i really shouldn't be. Up to the fight with Salazars "right hand" next.

Also had a good play on Mercenaires, I got all characters unlocked and just got 5 stars with all of them on the village level, 1 down 3 to go. I've actually found it (somewhat) easier to get the 5 star also thanks to the Wii's pointer aim, it's great

Godarn it tried to buy this today in Blockbusters but it was sold out. Please say Currys have it tommorow otherwise I will order online I guess :/

Killing regenerators with only the knife....

It's a great feeling :D

Killing regenerators with only the knife....

It's a great feeling :D

Now try the regenerators with spikes like a blowfish :P. Unless you already have!?

Now try the regenerators with spikes like a blowfish :P. Unless you already have!?

The iron maidens? yeah i can kill them with it (though it takes about 4-5 minutes lol).

Think I might try and do a handgun and knife only run through on Pro mode. I'm a bit worried that my death count could get pretty high though :(

I hate Krauser,he just doesn't die.No matter how many times I shoot him with Shotgun I just can't make it in 3 minutes.

Ola!

Guys - can you help me out?

I am wondering if Resi4 Wii was localized or is it multilanguage?

I am looking at the German version and I am wondering if I can select the English language?

Thanks!