NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Did it annoy anyone else they couldn't be assed to re-make the Separate Ways FMVs? I didn't buy a Wii game for PS2 graphics.. :(

Woo, finally got round to completing this, my first time! Loved every minute of it, theres never any areas which are frustrating hard, but it doesn't feel too easy either. Final boss was fun if a bit easy. Now I have until Bioshock gets here on friday to do the extras, then sometime next year I can come back and play through pro mode! The game was just pure awesome.

How long are the Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada parts, and which should I do first?

Woo, finally got round to completing this, my first time! Loved every minute of it, theres never any areas which are frustrating hard, but it doesn't feel too easy either. Final boss was fun if a bit easy. Now I have until Bioshock gets here on friday to do the extras, then sometime next year I can come back and play through pro mode! The game was just pure awesome.

How long are the Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada parts, and which should I do first?

Assignment Ada is a 30-40 minute game (you can sprint through most areas) and Seperate Ways will take ya about 5 Hours-ish.

Just got to 5-1 and I have 11 Green Herbs and 2 Full heals...I'm quite low on ammo though...

When you start a new game on your completed file, does it keep you on the same level you were playing before with all the weapons you bought (plus the infinite rocket launcher)? or does it put you on a higher level than you were previously on?

Completed assignment Ada this morning! The annoying thing was i got to the end with 4 Las Plagas samples. Then had to walk back through the level to find the one i had missed.

This game has me attached to the Wii. Seriously, this game is so awesome. I've reached the Castle area now. Compared to the GC game, I think the controls work very well. It was a bit weird at first, but you get used to it very quickly. Cant see myself going back to the old controls now. The only thing I found odd are the Sniper mode and the briefcase interface. I want wiimote pointer functionality there.

Do you get anything for doing it on easy...yes I know I did it on easy but this was my first Resi game and I didn't want to get frustrated and regret buying it...I do realize now that would never have happened but its too late now. I'm going to complete it again but should I do it again on normal or go straight for hard? What are the advantages to doing it on hard? Do you get anything extra?

Do you get anything for doing it on easy...yes I know I did it on easy but this was my first Resi game and I didn't want to get frustrated and regret buying it...I do realize now that would never have happened but its too late now. I'm going to complete it again but should I do it again on normal or go straight for hard? What are the advantages to doing it on hard? Do you get anything extra?

Professional mode is 100x better than easy/normal. So much more tense! Also, you can do the hedge maze and the 'knights of the round' which you miss out during Easy mode.

Well I completed it on Normal and as soon as I've completed Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada, can't wait to jump back in on professional setting.

YOu don't get the flack jacket on Pro... some of the bosses are rock!!!!

I just started again on normal today...I'm almost on chapter 4!!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8504/1/Resident_Evil_4_Far_Exceeds_Capcom

Nintendo Wii News | Resident Evil 4 Far Exceeds Capcom's Projections

Quick News - Capcom has now confirmed that the initial projection of 420,000 copies sold worldwide for Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition has been exceeded, with sales currently over 750,000! Could this spur on further RE remakes?

Now lets have some proper Resi action Capcom!

Resi 2/3 Remakes,

Resi 5 port (if possible),

New Entry Resi 6 (obviously that would be about 3 years away!),

Take you pick Capcom! but the Wii has now proven itself!

No no no, no Resi 5 port. It'd only be a worse version of the 360 game. Give us a new Resi using a bumped up version of the Resi 4 engine.

Good news, I hope Capcom takes notice and give us some new Resident Evil games. Maybe even a port of 5.

Whaoh, that's good sales for a remake.

I got the Chicago typewriter on Separate Ways this morning, it's AWESOME! Makes things a bit too easy though, end up with way too much ammo for my other guns.

Since Resi4 was my first Resi game, I'm hoping for some more remakes of the old games :D

bought the Wii edition this morning after trading in a few cube games!

Awesome, this is how the controls should be! Res Evil 5 would be lovely on the Wii!

Capcom surely must realise further Resi's should be on Wii at least!

Perhaps a *bit* off topic, but I recently found some NTSC versions of RE 2 and 3 remakes for the GC. I only knew of a RE1 remake. Did they ever release PAL versions of 2 and 3 for the GC?

They're ports not remakes, and yes there are PAL versions

I want the cancelled version of RE4. Now.

You mean RE 3.5 ;)

Perhaps a *bit* off topic, but I recently found some NTSC versions of RE 2 and 3 remakes for the GC. I only knew of a RE1 remake. Did they ever release PAL versions of 2 and 3 for the GC?

Eh only RE1 was remake and the rest were ported from the PS and PS2.

My friend struggled through parts of this game because he didn't think to use the heat sensitive scope, despite being told to in the game. He spend all his TMP ammo spraying across their entire bodies everytime he saw one.

My friend struggled through parts of this game because he didn't think to use the heat sensitive scope, despite being told to in the game. He spend all his TMP ammo spraying across their entire bodies everytime he saw one.
That's the way I did it. I completely missed the heat scope in my first playthrough. I can tell you they're way more scary that way.

That's the way I did it. I completely missed the heat scope in my first playthrough. I can tell you they're way more scary that way.
If you don't have the heat scope and need to use a regular weapon, just blast them with the shotgun as it has a much wider spread!

Surely the TMP is just about the worst way of doing it as the guns so weak!