Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Nintenchris

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To go with the above Video,

New Gameplay Modes

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8799/1/Play_with_Mii_in_Mario_&_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games

Recent footage of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games revealed the use of Mii characters in the hotly anticipated game. Now, though, Nintendo has officially revealed to what extent they feature, plus reveals some extra modes.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games has not only a massive line-up of real-life Olympic events, but SEGA has confirmed that its title also has a unique series of exclusive “Dream Events” to add to the mix. The Dream Events - which are both single and multiplayer - are based in colourful game-like universes that include objects and power-ups that will either improve a players game, or bring their opponent down.

The four Dream Events featured are:

• Dream Race (Sandhill Race Course) – Get on your marks for this intense power-up filled race course, made for either one player, or as many as four;

• Dream Platform (Tropical Reef Diving Area – 10,000M Diving) – More like skydiving, soar through hoops and perform aerial tricks while avoiding obstacles and opponents to reach the finish line first;

• Dream Fencing (Duel Wharf Fencing Beach) – With unique special attacks for each character, this jungle-inspired world offers the ultimate duel;

• Dream Table Tennis (Speed Rally Table Tennis Stadium) – A sci-fi wonderland, this magical table tennis extravaganza offers a special ability for each character – so move fast.

Mario & Sonic At the Olympic Games also offers Wii users the ultimate gaming fantasy – the opportunity to play against their favourite Mario or Sonic character. Thanks to the unique interactive Mii features, players can bring their own Mii into the game as a playable character and compete as themselves in any of the Olympic or Dream events.

The Wii version will be in-stores across Europe on 23rd November, 2007, and Q1 2008 for the Nintendo DS.

Mii Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26357.html

Do you think the Mii's have been given those names for the purpose of the trailer?

or may you have to you wierdly 'assign' your Mii to a Nintendo/Sega character [they replace that character but keep the name].

Really hope you can have your name in their! this is basically Wii Sports 2!

[

ms07xh2.jpg

These characters must be pretty darn short in real life because Eggman is only 1.85m tall (6 foot 1 inches).

This is Wii Sports 1.5 to me, which is most certainly a good thing. I'll be buying this (Despite the previews suggesting its not a particularly deep experience, but still entertaining, and that annoying name issue with Miis), due to limited time I have over the december/february period...

DK HAS to be a secret character, has to be! In a way I wish it was Mario at the Olympic games, featuring Sonic! Or Nintendo Vs Sega so we could have had Segas other game and better characters!

Besides Zelda PH, Metroid and Mario - this is the game I'm most looking forward to - I love olympics games and love the universe of mario, And Miis!!! Perfect. I hope it sells well!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!