NEurope
Nintenchris

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Gameplay video.

Scroll down at the right.

What the hell is going on with Mario's running animation? Well dodgy.

They've just animated him like Sonic, doesn’t look right at all. :heh:

Gameplay video.

Scroll down at the right.

meh! looked a bit dull actually!

Will probably be better actually playing the game in multiplayer, but right now i'm not all that interested by it!

Graphics looked great. The game looks good too, but yeah, his animation is strange for running.

I wonder how judo and taekwondo turn out...Me thinks taekwondo will be a point-based beat 'em up, and judo will handle a bit like sumo wrestling in TP.

I'm surprised really, i was expecting this game to be a shitty character spin off. It doesn't look as bad as i thought it might actually.

I have no idea what this will be like. the reasons it could be bad are.

well a) Sega are creating it

b)and it seems like a short time in devopement.

But reasons going for it to be good are

a) Miyamoto is involved

b) Sega are never going to screw up their relationship with nintendo. The last game they made I believe was fzero gx and that was awesome and they did a much better job than NIntendo could ever do.

so I wonder.

I want this ganme to be great. But I really cant see it being anything but average. What a waste for Mario and Sonics first game! Should have been Smash and we all know it!

Would be very high up on my wish list IF there would be at least a little AntiAliasing. Some screenshots nearly drown in jaggies which would be no problem while running, swimming, whatever but when being still like at bow shooting it is barely acceptable.

I want this ganme to be great. But I really cant see it being anything but average. What a waste for Mario and Sonics first game! Should have been Smash and we all know it!

Agreed. I think this game is gonna be very simillar to the mini-games in Super Monkey Ball Wii, and sadly, they were not very good at all.

I got asked if I wanted to work on this game yesterday. :awesome:

I got asked if I wanted to work on this game yesterday. :awesome:
If you do work on this game, for god's sake, add some AA :heh:

If you do work on this game, for god's sake, add some AA :heh:

Or at least make them to release only videos of the game in motion or bullshots.

I hate the name dr eggman. Hate it to bits.

250px-SatamRobotnik.jpg

Satam did robotnick better than the games ever did.

but even i'd much rather kick the shit out of this

robotnik1.jpg

why goal! when you win? whats that about? surely P1 WINS or something

for god's sake, add some AA :heh:

Haha. Then again all Wii games generally look bad when you are also seeing screens all day coming from 360/PS3 games. I had to turn the chance down though, as leaving in a week or two.

I have no interest in this game though, but I hope it turns out good purely because it's got both Mario and Sonic in the same game. Sales should also be pretty impressive if marketed the right way.

In order for this game to "work" doesn't it need to be released like about immediately prior to the Olympics and not 6 MONTHS EARLY!?

In order for this game to "work" doesn't it need to be released like about immediately prior to the Olympics and not 6 MONTHS EARLY!?

You'd have thought that wouldn't you but apparently not.

You'd have thought that wouldn't you but apparently not.

I mean whats the point of flaunting the Olympic logo when you're going to use it prematurely and therefore perhaps less effectively.

This is a grande occassion in gaming history, so surely it will be followed with lots of advertisements and such...It will be a bit weird having an advert for a Beijing 2008 Olympic game...In Christmas 2007.