• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Thanks to Triforce, I can't stop listening to Jennifer Lopez's new song Louboutins. It's terrible, but it won't remove itself from my head.

"..I'm just a PART TIME LOVAAAR".

It some what reminded me of this genius

Edit- ROFL @ the youtube freeze frame.

Album that's exceeded all expectations, and really blew me away;

ono.jpg

Her new one, that I expected to find interesting, but probably irritating/unmelodic/pointless etc. I'm all for experimentation and diversity, but some of her stuff left me very cold in the past.

But this is brilliant! I think it might be going back to the Plastic Ono band...her purely "solo" stuff was always a bit shrill and brittle. This is lush as hell and just brilliant. Anyone who's heard her stuff and doesn't like her voice, give this a listen, it's perfect here, works greatly. The instrumentation is what makes it I think.

But yeah, recommendation/one of my albums of the year I think.

I was searching through Spotify trying to fill a playlist I'm making consisting of Emo-ish stuff like My Chemical Romance and Bullet For My Valentine when I came across Ok Go. I'd completely forgotten they existed, and can't stop smiling whilst listening through their first album all over again.

I love What To Do, You're So Damn Hot, Return (My favourite song years ago, if I remember correctly), Get Over It and C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips. I just love some of the lyrics, and need a bit of Power Pop. I feel 14 all over again hearing them.

Get Over It

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So Damn Hot

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's so good though, as a club song.

Probably the best fun I've ever had at a club was singing along to it a couple of weeks ago.

---------

I was the first person in Oxford to buy The Fame Monster from HMV, the only place that sells CDs, so effectively I was the first person in Oxford to buy it.

I'd prefer I could say that about a good album.

Love Bad Romance. Love Teeth. Love Telephone. Hate all the others. Especially Alejandro.

I'd prefer I could say that about a good album.

Love Bad Romance. Love Teeth. Love Telephone. Hate all the others. Especially Alejandro.

Alejandro? Really? Why!? It's brilliant. I love the other three you mentioned though, especially Telephone. Monster too. Teeth has grown on me massively, but still not Dance In The Dark. I've only heard half of So Happy I Could Die, and am yet to hear Speechless. I'm going to save them until I manage to buy the album.

The album grows on you really quickly, Chair (Fame Monster). Monster, Dance In The Dark were like "..." when I first listened, but soon enough you learn to love. DITD is probably the most obvious next single. I like Alejando enough, but hate the starting bit and the chorus (compared to the verses/production).

I dislike Speechless. It seems pastiche-y.

--

Listening to the New Moon soundtrack, which is amazing, compared to the film it scores. Come on Thom Yorke , tell me more Lykke Li.

Wth is up with that chart song which has massacred that Imogen Heap song? I don't normally listen to chart music until I started putting the radio on in my car over the last week or so, so I don't know if anyone cares and I have no idea what it's called/who it's by. But goddamn, it's so crappy.

Don't you dare; I'm listening to the most orgasmic thing at the moment.

Play Sigur Ros' Takk... and Radiohead's Motion Picture Soundtrack with crossfade on.

I'm so far gone.

Scrolling through this I read that as Motion City Soundtrack and was quite surprised you liked MCS. Guess not ^_^

Wth is up with that chart song which has massacred that Imogen Heap song? I don't normally listen to chart music until I started putting the radio on in my car over the last week or so, so I don't know if anyone cares and I have no idea what it's called/who it's by. But goddamn, it's so crappy.

A friend showed me it a while ago, but I sortof hoped it wouldn't gain any recognition. It's by Jason Derulo (never heard of before this song).

It's very lazy, sampling the bit that's recognised by people even if they don't know the song is Hide and Seek (used in some TV show, and then SNL).

Plus point is that Hide And Seek itself is/was last time I checked in the chart (at least the iTunes one), presumably because of Watcha Say.

I cannot get Purple People (Christmas In Space) out of my head, it's blissful to hear, but painful not being able to change the song. I love how I can imagine hearing it being played on an old wireless.

I also listened to It's Blitz a lot over the weekend again. It's fantastic.