Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Just got tickets for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Brixton in November.

*hugs o2 priority ticketing* :D

In celebration here is their new video for "heads will roll" which includes some MJ action....

I loves Karen O :love:

Edited by Platty

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

For those hankering for a bit of Muse, I can't help you.

But if you want to listen to a Knights of Cydonia/Legend of Zelda hybrid then I can.

BEST. POST IN THIS TOPIC. EVAAAAH

That is truly awesome, and I really don't get on with that Muse song. :bowdown:

I'm making an 80's playlist for a party on saturday that I'm throwing. Any recommendations for some well known (As in, classic 80's) 80's tracks? (I've got a fair few, but I'm guessing I've forgotten loads).

Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds, Express Yourself by Madonna, Bad Case Of Loving You by Robert Palmer, Atomic by Blondie and some others have all been making the rounds on my iPod.

All classic.

BTW that Ciara song was worse than a lot of the songs from like...Camp Rock.

Just got tickets for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Brixton in November.

*hugs o2 priority ticketing* :D

In celebration here is their new video for "heads will roll" which includes some MJ action....

I loves Karen O :love:

*Huge gasp!* I'm so glad this is the next single, it's fantastic, probably my favourite from the album, and the video is great.

Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds, Express Yourself by Madonna, Bad Case Of Loving You by Robert Palmer, Atomic by Blondie and some others have all been making the rounds on my iPod.

All classic.

BTW that Ciara song was worse than a lot of the songs from like...Camp Rock.

Had them all on the playlist already. I'm rediscovering so much good music by making this! :) And I don't care, I love it to death.

--

When it bursts into a cover of "I Will Survive" it always makes me laugh. So utterly random. Still think it's one of their best songs, which isn't really saying much...but still.

Edited by Slaggis

Bloc Party - Once More Chance.

Hmm, seems to be somewhere between Intimacy and A Song For The Weekend in terms of style. Simplistically catchy, but less reliant upon crazy tunage. Although I do love Intimacy.

I like it. Seems a bit odd for Bloc Party, like it wouldn't fit on any of their albums up until the chorus. Odd transition but yeah, I do like it.

I never was sure about Neon Bible. The first three tracks were great, the fourth was immense but it sorta sloped with the rest of the album.

Truth is, it is nowhere near as good as Funeral. Funeral is a brilliant album.

Keeping with teh Arcade Fire theme, I found a Foo Fighters cover of Keep the Car Running that they did for Live Lounge. Not too shabby.

Edited by Roostophe

Listening to Blur for the first time since seeing them live last Friday and they really did put on an epic show. Really great memories of the day and the music. The Universal is such a perfect closing song.

Heard this was surpisingly good, and I totally agree. It's so 80's, it hurts. Half reminded me of Duran Duran in places.

--

New Sugababes single (Full)

Hilariously awful.

Edited by Slaggis

Feeling very 80's today so here's a classic to get you going:

Love the two guys dancing at the gas station. So completely random but just suits the song so well for some reason. Anyway, I love the song. Big part of my music listening history. One of the first songs I remember from my youth. Have subsequently listened to it 10 times since waking up. :D

edit: And another that I can't stop listening to:

Edited by Ganepark32

So, anyone checked out Muse's official site? http://www.muse.mu/

Somethings coming! :grin:

EDIT: Apparently, it's a map of Eurasia, meaning the launch of the first single, 'United States of Eurasia' will be on 13th July? Here's hoping!

In other news, I saw The Birthday Massacre live in Oxford last night, was a great gig! Waited outside the venue afterwards too, and got to meet the band, they're such great people!

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Saw Oasis at Wembley last night. Good laugh as always. Crowd not as mental as usual.

Manged to capture the moment the power went during wonderwall on me phone hahaha! Crowd just continued singing with a few booos. Liam didn't appear to notice...

So, anyone checked out Muse's official site? http://www.muse.mu/

Somethings coming! :grin:

EDIT: Apparently, it's a map of Eurasia, meaning the launch of the first single, 'United States of Eurasia' will be on 13th July? Here's hoping!

In other news, I saw The Birthday Massacre live in Oxford last night, was a great gig! Waited outside the venue afterwards too, and got to meet the band, they're such great people!

I really want Muse to be good again. Been listening to Origin Of Symmetry and I like some songs a lot, I hope they try and do something similar to that again, as Black holes is just horrid.

Bought Portishead's second album yesterday, quite enjoying but I have no stand out tracks thus far.

I really want Muse to be good again. Been listening to Origin Of Symmetry and I like some songs a lot, I hope they try and do something similar to that again, as Black holes is just horrid.

Bought Portishead's second album yesterday, quite enjoying but I have no stand out tracks thus far.

I want Muse to go back to the genius of Origin of Symmetry as well but it won't happen sadly :/ having said that I do still enjoy Black Holes and Revelations but yes in comparison to Symmetry well... there is none... but that doesn't matter to me because I still enjoy each album :) I am kind of hoping for something that is better than BH&R + Showbiz and somewhere inbetween the quality of being above Absolution but below Origin of Symmetry.

In reality what we will probably get is something that is better than BH&R and maybe Showbiz but that's about it, I'd love to be proven wrong and it's an experimental album so anything can happen but that one track in particular where they describe 'football style chanting, in time with the drumbeat' does concern me somewhat, so I'm holding my breath for now but am remaining cautiously optimistic. :heh:

Also about Portishead... you're right, the second album never truly 'clicked' with me like the first and third did, it's still good but it's probably the one out of all three that requires the most amount of listens to get into.