Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

EITS (at least, the FNL soundtrack) is just shaded heavy with sadness, it breaks me. Lonely Train -- i didn't know what the track was and it was reminding me of the lonely train rides (perhaps because she's on my mind anyway) I undertook, leaving leeds for the 4-hour trip to brighton.

Another reason why FNL is awesome, it's complete whorage of EITS. Incidentally, FNL's theme tune is taken from 'Your Hand In Mine'

Edited by Jon

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

My song of the day:

Absolutely love it. Playing it through for like the 8th time today. The chorus is just awesome. Really need to track down the CD. Don't want a digital copy of it. I'd much rather have a physical copy which is why I hope to hell that CDs don't go away ever or it really will be the end of the music industry as it should be.

My music listening was all over the place last night. Some Sounds, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, In This Moment, Kelly Clarkson, and many more various acts. Really quite something and made for an interesting progression through the songs.

My music listening was all over the place last night. Some Sounds, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, In This Moment, Kelly Clarkson, and many more various acts. Really quite something and made for an interesting progression through the songs.

They're hardly jarringly dissimilar from each other.

I love shuffle on iTunes. Hearing how songs work, or don't in a sequence. It could be a Katy Perry song, then a Disturbed song. A Joan As Police Woman song, then a Blondie song. I heart variety/juxtaposition.

Yoko Ono's new Ep is out. I'm tempted. I love the fact I know Yoko Ono better than The Beatles.

Yoko Ono is perhaps the only Japanese person I'll never like. (lulz at my Japanophilia.)

That said, I heard that that Nobunaga Oda was a bit of a shit. If Onimusha is to believed. :blank:

Anyway, onto music: Arctic Monkeys. Quite like them. Don't give a fuck if you don't, so shut it, slags.

Yoko Ono is perhaps the only Japanese person I'll never like. (lulz at my Japanophilia.)

SHE'z weurd. Jon lenin was way beter she broke up the beetles

what a bitch

shes rubbish she cany sing bloody birch

Lennin ftw.

TBH, I don't care much for John Lennon. "Imagine" is a good song, but it's overrated IMO. I'm all about The Beatles, really. (Cannot wait for Rock Band Beatles, btw.)

The vid to Imagine annoys me, too. That bit at the end when John and Yoko just stare at each other, then kiss.

Dialogue for that bit:

John [scouse accent]: Hey, love. Fuck getting some sushi, how's about a nice snog, then, eh?

Yoko: ...

John: A snog, a smooch. Wanna snog, come on you stupid bitch, I wanna snog.

John: Fucking hell, it's like talking to the Great Wall of China!

John: Aaah...fucking...KISS DESU KA?

Yoko: ...hai!

[They kiss]

[/sCENE]

Or something.

I'll give you mixed! :p

This week I've been listening to She & Him: Volume 1 which I love, very relaxing. :D

I've also been listening toWe Are Smug which is surprisingly awesome! You can download the album for free here http://www.wearesmug.com/ if anyone is interested. :)

Also on the cards has been Holly Valance and Paris Hilton, which are just fun!

Finally I've listened to the new Black Eyed Peas album which I really enjoyed! :grin: Along with Glorior Belli a black metal band I think. I need to get used to the genre but I liked what I heard, not as like arrrgh as you think.

Just read a great quote from David Draiman (Disturbed singer) reguarding lawsuits against people who download illegally:

"This is not rocket science. Instead of spending all this money litigating against kids who are the people they're trying to sell things to in the first place, they have to learn how to effectively use the Internet. For the artists, my ass...I didn't ask them to protect me, and I don't want their protection"

Plus I found out that he was studying to become a lawyer before he joined the band. The thought of him as a lawyer makes me grin.

I'm guessing that was before he got that mental lip-piercing. Can't imagine him in a suit, tbh.

I'd assume so! I have the same jewellery for my labret piercing but in black. I rarely wear it though, it's pretty heavy. God knows how he copes with 2.

Listened some more of Freezepop, I´m not sure if I like them or not.

They have a couple of good songs but a lot of stuff I plainly find rubbish...

Also, just found out that 2 of my most favourite Sigur Rós songs (Bíum Bíum Bambaló and Dánarfregnir og Jarðarfarir) have never been released on a full Sigur Rós album but were released on a CD as a part of a movie it was made for.

Found it a bit weird when I went trough my Sigur Rós music that I did not find it.

Dyson's

Album-A-sporadic Dayonce in a while

Extravaganza

Continues! Returns!

Part 5 of 7 - Waited Up Til It Was Light by Johnny Foreigner

Your guess is as good as mine as to what happened to my plan to do an album a day every day for a week. Technically it's still happening but the gaps between the days have been somewhat extended.

Anyway, the album. It was brilliant. A genuinely nice album to listen to, which will have me coming back for more I reckon. An energetic fun-filled audioromp would be a good way to describe the album. Two tracks stand out to me in particular; Cranes And Cranes And Cranes And Cranes and Yes! You Talk Too Fast are both songs that came up during a shuffle session recently and attracted my attention to the rest of their album. I decided that if I liked two tracks at random there was a good chance I'd like the rest of their stuff.

For me it's interesting in the way I discovered this band, not knowing a thing about the genre, the fans, or which songs of their are their popular ones if any. I honestly don't know if everyone or nobody here has heard of them. If anyone has, which are their 'big'/standout songs that people would recommend them to other people with or their songs that made people take notice of them? Aaaand have they put out any more albums or just this one?

Next time, for my penultimate forced album listen-through, I think I'l be giving Tokyo Police Club a run for their money. I've heard one of their tracks in shuffle and enjoyed it (Be Good), but for all I know the song I've heard could be their World Has Its Shine by Cobra Starship and be totally different from the rest of their stuff off the album. I do hope not.

I'm thinking of doing a week-long album-a-day extravaganzings. I dunno if these albums are ones you haven't listened to before, 'cos I was going to do albums I already own, but haven't fully listened to in a good while.

(Probably check through 7 different genres, too...)

When starting it I figured that in inviting other people to do it with me (in which nobody did surprisingly :heh:) it could be albums you've never heard before, your favourite album, albums that you hate, etc. Anything basically. I started doing it because up until recently I've only had a few songs by most bands but would like to get in to full albums a bit more and this is a good way of doing it.

^ Great choice of album. Johnny Foreigner are a fantastic british band that people really should check out because Waited Up Till It Was Light is stellar. In terms of songs that you'd recommend to others to get them into the band, My Bipolar Friend and Salt, Peppa, Spinderella are probably their most popular songs. And their working on a new album now apparently. Got some new stuff up on their Myspace page.

On a music form I frequent, they have "listening parties". In these, everyone particpating puts on an album that the "party" is dedicated to at the same time, and rapidly posts all their thoughts in real time as the album progresses. I've done ones with albums I know like the back of my hand, and albums I don't.

I really enjoyed them. We could do them, with perhaps suggestions from various people. then shuffle the order of when to do them. I'd suggest doing it in a seperate thread though (in the playground).

Thoughts?

Potentially great fun. Could lead to 'movie parties' too :D

We really, really need to try and introduce IRC (internet relay chat) to people. We have a chatroom on there that, back in the day, was busy enough and always very sociable. A bunch of us would actually watch the same movie at the same time and do that sort of thing.

I'll talk to shorty about it when he gets back...