Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Good stuff, Lupe is awesome. Got all his albums, one of the few rappers I genuinely love.

Ah nice one! My respect for you has gone up considerably ;)

The Cool is probably the best rap album since Eminem Show came out all those years back. Streets on Fire is simply beautiful, my fav song of his. Little Weapon, Hip Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, The Coolest and Superstar are all brilliant too.

Have to admit haven't really listened to Food & Liquor as much as The Cool, what are the good tracks on it?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say, I love it. Totally trashy and cliche, but has that summer anthem feel to it. Her first album was a bit of a guilty pleasure, purely because of "He Said She Said", so it's no wonder the second is called exactly that. (Guilty Pleasure).

Plus, I have a total fetish for the guy at 1:15 onwards. :p

Edited by Slaggis

Hate to say, I love it. Totally trashy and cliche, but has that summer anthem feel to it. Her first album was a bit of a guilty pleasure, purely because of "He Said She Said", so it's no wonder the second is called exactly that. (Guilty Pleasure).

Plus, I have a total fetish for the guy at 1:15 onwards. :p

Really bad.

Sounds like she just got an instrumental from Kelly Clarkson's new album, and tried to remember the words from that song, but couldn't so just generally samg the gist, making it worse.

COOLNESS. I want you to DL the album I linked to this page. I want to know what you think.

I like it.

Sorry I missed that! :) I will download it and check it out, definately. I enjoy Harsh noise, yeh. It truely fascinates me!

Hehe, Yay. I'm completely addicted. It's one of those songs like "I Do Not Hook Up" that I get the urge to start screaming along to during the chorus.

Haha, I don't believe in Guilty Pleasures! :p

When is her album out? :)

Sorry I missed that! :) I will download it and check it out, definately. I enjoy Harsh noise, yeh. It truely fascinates me!

Haha, I don't believe in Guilty Pleasures! :p

When is her album out? :)

June 16th, as far as I'm aware. :)

That Ashley Tisdale song is atrocious on so many levels. It's a bad song generally but she's trying to copy Clarkson and her sound and while you can hear the similarities in the guitars/drums, her style of singing can't match that of Clarkson's. She doesn't have the voice to do that style because it remains statically on a single level whereas the voice of Clarkson at least has a depth and breadth to it allowing for differences in tone, etc. This is what I don't understand about certain artists. They try to copy a style put out there by another artist but can't for the life of them pull it off yet still insist on going for it when all it's going to do is destroy and creditability they had as a musician. Stick to what you know, what you can do and don't try to copy others. If there are similarities, fine but in this case, she really shouldn't have tried to copy the style.

I've been messing about with music over the last few days to see what best suit the situation of having to revise and I've found 3 songs that perfectly ease through the situation:

- You - Evanescence This isn't a heavy song. This is from their Anywhere But Home album and it's basically Lee and a piano. Really one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I can't recommend it enough.

- Ocean Drive - Lighthouse Family

- High - Lighthouse Family Ok, I know I have mentioned Lighthouse Family a fair bit in this thread over the months I've been on the forums (although not to the extend artists such as Tori Amos or PJ Harvey have) but really they are a fantastic british act that can still hold their place in music today just as they did when they were about. It's a shame that the british music scene doesn't have an equivalent nowadays.

June 16th, as far as I'm aware. :)

Cool! ^____^

This evening I've been listening to Unter Null. I'm not even sure I guess a form of EBM a genre I'm not really familiar with.

It is intensely relaxing...if something can be that. :D

I haven't forgotten Paj! I shall be listening to Cementimental either tomorrow evening or Saturday. :)

That Ashley Tisdale song is atrocious on so many levels. It's a bad song generally but she's trying to copy Clarkson and her sound and while you can hear the similarities in the guitars/drums, her style of singing can't match that of Clarkson's. She doesn't have the voice to do that style because it remains statically on a single level whereas the voice of Clarkson at least has a depth and breadth to it allowing for differences in tone, etc. This is what I don't understand about certain artists. They try to copy a style put out there by another artist but can't for the life of them pull it off yet still insist on going for it when all it's going to do is destroy and creditability they had as a musician. Stick to what you know, what you can do and don't try to copy others. If there are similarities, fine but in this case, she really shouldn't have tried to copy the style.

I've been messing about with music over the last few days to see what best suit the situation of having to revise and I've found 3 songs that perfectly ease through the situation:

- You - Evanescence This isn't a heavy song. This is from their Anywhere But Home album and it's basically Lee and a piano. Really one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I can't recommend it enough.

- Ocean Drive - Lighthouse Family

- High - Lighthouse Family Ok, I know I have mentioned Lighthouse Family a fair bit in this thread over the months I've been on the forums (although not to the extend artists such as Tori Amos or PJ Harvey have) but really they are a fantastic british act that can still hold their place in music today just as they did when they were about. It's a shame that the british music scene doesn't have an equivalent nowadays.

Spot on mate. Lighthouse family were the first band I ever really got into all those years ago. There's never really been anything like them since. The opening guitar chords to Ocean Drive always puts a smile on my face.

So I know Tori Amos gets the overkill treatment a bit in this thread, but I really really love this song. Right near the beginning she does this absolutely fantastic long note (nothing like the jarring one in the performance of Precious Things that Paj or Chair posted a few pages back)

This is just generally a fantastic perfrormance.

Seeing her on Monday in London. I actually cannot stop thinking about it!

EDIT:

Ok, I know I have mentioned Lighthouse Family a fair bit in this thread over the months I've been on the forums (although not to the extend artists such as Tori Amos or PJ Harvey have) but really they are a fantastic british act that can still hold their place in music today just as they did when they were about. It's a shame that the british music scene doesn't have an equivalent nowadays.

I didn't see this post before I posted so just thought I'd say sorry for seeming like I might have been rubbing it in your face or something! I really don't come in this thread to force my tastes onto anyone, and usually just browse it, rather than posting, and end up finding a lot of music I wouldn't normally listen to.

I do understand how annoying it can be seeing the same artist over and over again, but I just wanted to share that song as it's a personal favourite.

Edited by Razz
Automerged Doublepost

@ Razz - don't worry about posting Tori Amos stuff. My comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone really it's just she does seem to turn up quite a lot in here. I don't have anything against her music.

Anyways, new song by The Sounds is up on their Myspace page. :bouncy: And it's awesome. It's called 4 Songs & A Flight if anyone is interested. Only 38 days still the new album. Hurry up June 2nd.

I'm completely addicted to the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack, I need to see the movie.

When it was released, she debuted 6 songs on the Hot 100 at the same time, and it just hit number 1. You have to admit, for a 16 year old, that's damn impressive. I love "The Climb" (Number 2 in America), and "Don't Walk Away".

Hoedown throwdown is completely embarassing, but I love it. "Pop it! Lock it! Pokadot it!".

She's done some brilliant live performances of The Climb, the one with AOL, being the best of tge bunch. She's got one hell of a voice.

Any manlyness I once posessed, just disappeared with this post. :p

Edited by Slaggis

I realised on the bus home today that PJ Harvey, in her 9+ album long career, has never made an album that could be construed as bad.

She's just too big. Good lord, she's big.

Yknow, I was thinking similar on my walk home today. (Rapport)

The only think you could really say is that on a personal level, someone might not like the dissonance (not sure if that's the right word) between her and music sometimes. There's a raw, ugly nature in a lot of the later stuff. Uh Huh Her and A Woman A Man Walked By obviously. Even White Chalk springs to mind.

I love it personally. :bouncy:

Leighton Meester of Gossip Girl (Queen Bitch Blair Waldorf) fame, just got signed to Universal Republic, and is going to release an album at some point in the future.

She was signed, after she purposely leaked a track (Birthday, and a cover of Bette Davis Eyes) to the internet, that she'd recorded with "Indie-Pop group, Awesome New Republic".

After 3 listens, I really like. I love the "Love me-a" bit at the end.

Then, the odd cover of Bette Davis Eyes. Sounds amazingly different to her voice on Gossip Girl.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm completely addicted to the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack, I need to see the movie.

When it was released, she debuted 6 songs on the Hot 100 at the same time, and it just hit number 1. You have to admit, for a 16 year old, that's damn impressive. I love "The Climb" (Number 2 in America), and "Don't Walk Away".

Hoedown throwdown is completely embarassing, but I love it. "Pop it! Lock it! Pokadot it!".

She's done some brilliant live performances of The Climb, the one with AOL, being the best of tge bunch. She's got one hell of a voice.

Any manlyness I once posessed, just disappeared with this post. :p

You had manlyness? :p

Yesyesyes, I'mma see it next week. :grin: is gonna be fun!

I love The Climb and Hoedown Throwdown. (The whole thing) I know all the moves (This is a lie) Truth and illusions Martha.

I managed to get people to leave her on TV today (with the support of one other 2 vs 8 isn't too bad) Though I missed the song anyway through arguing!

I never said I had manlyness. :heh:

Leighton Meester of Gossip Girl (Queen Bitch Blair Waldorf) fame, just got signed to Universal Republic, and is going to release an album at some point in the future.

She was signed, after she purposely leaked a track (Birthday, and a cover of Bette Davis Eyes) to the internet, that she'd recorded with "Indie-Pop group, Awesome New Republic".

After 3 listens, I really like. I love the "Love me-a" bit at the end.

Then, the odd cover of Bette Davis Eyes. Sounds amazingly different to her voice on Gossip Girl.

The first one bored me so I stopped, and that cover is very peculiar. The vocals are...nice, but don't match the music.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!